Comments ( 273 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 273
Comment posted by theunderwolf deleted Jan 3rd, 2014
theunderwolf
Group Admin

Name: Wintersight

Position: Perspectromancy teacher

((Test rp with me?)) Wintersight stood in front of his classroom smiling in his ever present parka and jeans, he was excited to teach his first class and couldn't wait to begin. After what felt like an eternity all of his students arrived and the bell rung. before it even finished ringing he whipped around and wrote his name on his huge chalk board, levitating the chalk to do so. The floating chalk scrawled a mass of barely legible scribbles on the board, but despite this, the new teacher whipped around and addressed the class. "Hello everyone! My name is winter sight and I teach Perspectromancy, any questions before I begin?"

reason you should be accepted?: Master Perspectomancer with much practical experience from growing up in the harsh plateau tundra

species: anthro-unicorn

nation of origin:vinland, the great plateau

Cutiemark: a blizzard

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2516686 ((anthro Unicorns are usually lesser perspectromancer, the more senses a person has the less they can ignore what reality says it is. Pure humans are usually the strongest, and earth anthros being second))

theunderwolf
Group Admin

2516735 ((doe's it work if hes only 1/16th unicorn, just enough to have a horn and tiny telekinesis while still being extremely skilled at perspectomancy, and his magic is extremely weak and could hold a one ounce object for about 60 seconds at best.))

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2516793 ((sorry, but we already have 2 unicorn anthro a and they really should be rare. Anthro Pegasi or Earthpony would be how much I could stretch it. Magic sense is a huge part of a unicorn's reality and makes perceptromancy nigh impossible.))

theunderwolf
Group Admin

2516821 ((Alright I'll just be pure human then))

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2516686 perceptromancy and magic aren't really compatible. Perceptromancy is seeing what isn't, magic is seeing beyond what is.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2516833 accepted, go ahead and post this in principals and staff thread. I can't wait to work with you!

Pen Brush
Group Admin

Once we get anough people, I think we should start making classes threads.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2518105 I'd like to get that math teacher, then we can focus on getting students.

How many do you think is enough?

Pen Brush
Group Admin

considering school usually have more then a hundred or so students, with a teacher for every 30, I think we need all the teachers to make a blog and send word out anywhere they can to get at least 60 members into this group.

I am horrible at math.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2518929 yeah, but actually having 30 each would be impossible to manage. 60 sounds a rad ambitious, but I'm sure we can do it.

Pen Brush
Group Admin

I am just talking about how normal schools have 30 or 30 kids, I know we wont be able to manage 30 here.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Contributor

Name: Turner [no last name]
Position: Equestrian History Teacher
RP sample: While most classes, like math and whatnot, are just having you sit there and listen to lectures, I'm going to talk to you. I'm not going to lecture. I'm going to talk to you. And what will I talk to you about, you may ask? The history of the Equestrian nation! Digging past the creation of Equestria to find out how we have created this great land that you stand on today!
Reason I should be accepted: Because everyone seems to commonly hate History, so maybe it needs a teacher that would actually, you know, do things.
Species: Gryphon
Nation of origin: Equestria, Las Pegasus
Cutiemark: invisibru:pinkiegasp:

I would also like to request a room on the second floor?:rainbowderp:

Elusive Phoenix
Group Contributor

2507223 Clockwerk! *shakes wing in a fist*

Bookworm Guardian
Group Contributor

((Greetings, Phoenix. Have we met? -Clockwerk))

Elusive Phoenix
Group Contributor

2519535 [Only once. And you blew up! Don't you remember? I fought you, like, 8 times! I died 7 of them too! You were a worthy opponent, you evil little raccoon slayer.:twilightsheepish:]

Bookworm Guardian
Group Contributor

((Hm... I remember something like that. In a past life maybe? I've always wondered why I hate raccoons... -Clockwerk))

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2519432 invisible or not, what would it mean. This passes with flying colors once you clarify that.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Contributor

2519615 Good at improvising speeches. Turner doesn't need notes to get a point across. He knows what he's talking about.
Most of the time.:twilightsheepish:

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2519668 A++ application. Post him in principals and staff.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Contributor
Methbawks
Group Contributor

Name: Millon Jasson
(pronounced as Mil (like the MiI in Milan, the Italian city)-Yon (kinda like Yawn but with an o) and Ja )like the Ja in Jar)-Sson (idk, like how you normally say 'son')
Position: Mathematics
reason you should be accepted?: I don't know, up to you, I'm just doing this cus I'm bored
species: Bat ponu
nation of origin: a bunch of Islands in the middle of the ocean that you may not have heard about
Region of Origin: a city near the sea
General Attitude: laid back, lazy, loud, will treat a lot of things with indifference
Personality: Has a certain cunning and slyness, but is generally a joy to be with, acts kinda like a a retard but is capable of seriousness if the situation calls for it, but unless needed, will keep acting like a retard
Cutiemark: hidden under a pair of pants
Important Relations (if any): n/a
Staff Position: Teacher I guess?
Credentials: Has taught arts, history and literature in other schools
RP sample:
First day of classes, Millon is sitting on his desk, waiting for all the students to get in reading a thick black book. Once he feels there are enough students, he closes his book and begins introducing himself.

"Hey" raising his hoof up in greeting. "I'll be teaching you guys... eeeh" picks up a piece of paper "Math, yea math, I'm gonna be your teacher this year on the stuff you'll have to learn in Math this year. If ever your gonna pass or not is all up to you, if you fail, weeeeell tough luck, any questions?"

A few students hesitantly raise their hooves, before being interrupted.

"Oh yea, 'fore I forget, my name is Millon Jasson, and before we really start anything I need gonna need to introduce myself better to you so you can get to know me better, anyway questions first."

idk how to go from there, whether or not he speaks with an accent is up to you people, I'm gonna shape him as we go along

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2523548 1) name the islands
2) are they in the ocean east or west of Equestria?
3) with a name like that he sounds like a human... would you like to be a human?
4)if you don't want the job you could just say so.

Methbawks
Group Contributor

1. So I could just make stuff up?
2. East
3. I was going for the angle that he comes from a culture not unlike Zecora (Zecora doesn;t sound to pone does it?)
4. not that I don't want it, I'm just making it up as I go along

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

1) yeah... just make up a cool name and I will probably make them canon
2) are the islands in the northern, southern, or middle part
3) zecora was designed to be as weird and exotic as possible to make the ponies' racism easier to swallow... if you want a human like name come up with a cultural reason.

F4D3
Group Admin

Name: Ice Frost
Position: Co-Principal
reason you should be accepted?: Celestia herself vouched for her competency as principal
species: Unicorn
nation of origin: Equestria
Cutie mark: An icicle, symbolizing her ability to pierce into the minds of others with cold, calculating psyche magic

RP sample:
Ice Frost trotted determinedly into her new shared office, a small box in her telekinetic grip, her eyes scanning the room to see if anyone else was there, which to her dismay, there wasn't. She sighed in slight disappointment, she was expecting to meet the other principal right away, she even bothered to put on a bit of makeup on, though it was hardly noticeable. Ice took a few more steps into the office, deciding it was best to let it slide. It was the first day after all, and everyone was still trying to get acquainted with the school. She was just so off-put at the idea of working alongside somepony else, something she wasn't too familiar with to be completely honest. It didn't help that she didn't know a thing about her co-principal, other than that she was Vinlandic. Ice brought her attention back to the the room itself. At either side of her were equal sized desks, each with a light coating of dust over the surface. She walked over to one and used a bit of her magic to wipe the dust off. Ice thought of unpacking, but knew it'd be better to wait for co. Patiently she set her box onto the floor and gave the room one more look over as she waited.

Methbawks
Group Contributor

1. Pinetika is the northern most island, Ngag is the collective name of the southern Islands and Onaito is the Eastern most, Millon comes from the Ngag province from the city of Zambao
2. Southern
3. The names are a due to the culture of the peoples of the island, largely religious in origin and as such, their names reflect their love and respect of their Pagan gods of the earth, air, crops and etc, their religion coming from traders and settlers of the mainland who assimilated with the natives and made their own communities on the islands. Sometime later another group of settlers came to the islands and conquered them, lending their own beliefs and language mix with the local ones. Millon Jasson itself is a bastardization of the old tongue of the natives, roughly means 'with god'.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2523843 Accepted, please post him in the principals and staff thread

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2523773 A++ application, you pass!

Ink smiled as she stepped into the room. In her hands were nicknacks and things that would soon come to clutter her desk, but for now they were packed away neatly in a box. She stepped across the room, not seeing frost, and made a bee line to where she remembered her desk to be. The whole time her hips were swinging back and forth.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2523773 (Sounds like a hard ass.....:applejackconfused:)

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2523934 she is... beware!

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2523951 (My character going to see alot of the principals:scootangel: This should be fun!:rainbowkiss:)

Tom From Myspace
Group Contributor

Name: Caleb Ackerman

Species: (A rather handsome) Human

Position: Vinlandic History Teacher (AP and Reg)

Cutie mark: (Humans have CMs?)

Reasons for acceptance: It was his college major, and he graduated from college as fifth in his class. If you need to know about the topic, he's your man. He also has a minor in Military History.

Nation and Region of origin: Vinlandic farmlands.

RP sample:
"...And that, class, is how the Wizna 720 delayed the Equestrian Crusaders for three days, allowing Vinlandic troops to mass an appropriate defense at the Galloping River Bridges."

* The class scribbles notes as he walks around checking*

"Green wing, save English homework for lunch."

*he continues his patrol, not expecting much else from his AP class*

"Jessica, finish it later. This will be on the exam. Take notes."

*one female student spots him and scrambles to start on some notes, dropping an assortment of papers in the process.*

"Merry, you need to stop doodling in class."

*he picks up the papers, not noticing the furious blush on the anthro girl's face. He looks over the ten papers, finding two love notes, three hearts surrounding his name and her own, and five pages of harmless doodling, but with the name "Merry Ackerman" at the top surrounded by small hearts. This clearly was meant to stay private.*

"..."

*She looks worried and embarrassed*

"I want to see you after class."

*he hands them back to her, now seeing the blush. He says nothing and goes back to teaching just as the bell rings.*

"Alright, go on. I'll see you all first thing tomorrow."

* he goes to his desk where Merry is waiting*

"So...somebody's hot for teacher, eh?" He chuckles

*she blushes harder*

"W-Well...I...umm...y-yes." She admits

"Ah, don't be embarrassed Merry. I had a huge crush on one of my teachers too." He smiles in a friendly way.

*Her eyes light up as she misinterprets the message. She puckers up and leans in, waiting on a return from him*

"Uh, Merry.... I think you misunderstood me there. I'm not going to reciprocate."

She opens her eyes, frowning "But..."

"Merry, I'm thirty two. You're sixteen. Plus, you're my student. It's not going to happen."

*she looks downward, feelings hurt*

"Go find someone more appropriate. I bet an attractive girl like you could get any one of her classmates that she wanted. Now go on." He writes a note "Get to class."

*She takes it, blushing just slightly from his compliment, and goes. He leans back in his chair.*

"Glad I dodged that bullet."

*He starts grading some quizzes.*

Shadow of the Night
Group Contributor

Name: Shadow.
Position: War History Teacher.
RP sample (3rd person for now): "Good morning class! Today we will be studying the Invasion of Iwo Jima, turn you books to page 500!" Shadow said excitedly.

"Okay, sir." The students said as they got out their books.

reason you should be accepted?: A lot of war knowledge.
species: Earth Pony.
nation of origin: Equestria (duh.)
Cutiemark (dragons and gryphons have invisible ones)): Game controller.

Pen Brush
Group Admin

2523886 ((I mostly want to know why you made your character seem like a vixen because of her swaying like that all the time))

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2525250 ((Vinland has no "plains" The closest you get are the farmlands, or the Dyrrdalr (door valley)))

fix this and you pass. After that, we need to talk about Vinlandic History.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2525250 sseing how you've passed, you now need to post this guy in teachers and staff.

Tom From Myspace
Group Contributor

2531690 ((I just assumed farmland would be in the plains. My bad.))

Tom From Myspace
Group Contributor

2531722 Should I wander into the Staff meeting?

Ukaih
Group Contributor

Name: Percy Lamon
Position: Secretary
RP sample (3rd person for now): *Student walks into office. ((Student speaking)) Um...Mister Lamon. May I speak to Principal Silver? ((Lamon's response)) Hmm yes. Ah your Soft Hooves. Yes I see. What's your problem?((Student crying)) I'm being bullied by Big Muscles.((Lamon speaking)) Mmm yes well we can't let his evil doing go unpunished shall we? I'll schedule him with a nice session with Ms. Frost. I'll notify Ms. Silver of your presence. Please do make yourself comfortable feel free to read the magazines. *Lamon presses a button on his desk and speaks in a hushed voice to the principal* Yes Ms. Silver there is a student out here Ms. Soft Hooves. Yes she is in quite a sad state. I'd get her some therapy sessions with the school counselor. I've written down the inspected bully. A Mr. Big Muscles. If the story checks out I'll write him up for a session with Ms. Frost. If that's your desired course of action. Oh also your lunch is ready and awaiting you.
reason you should be accepted?: Well I was the secretary for an accomplished business CEO. Plus I have a master's in Teaching.
species: Human
nation of origin: Vinland
Cutiemark (dragons and gryphons have invisible ones)): I am human we are not restricted by cutie marks.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2532596 dat rp sample... Blegh...

All victims talk to me, all the misbehaviors get frost.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2532997 Exactly Soft Hooves is a victim and I'm sending he to you. Then Big Muscles is the bully and he's going to go to Frost.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2534321 yeah, but... that was just sorta like a cheap stereotype... Btw you need to post him in the principals and teachers thread. And you are required to post in the staff meeting II.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2534378 It was a quick way to show his protocol. He's got more character promise. If I don't Frost can spank me.

Viking Hoof
Group Admin

2534393 accepted, and she will of he doesn't measure up.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2534461 ((Oh god that sounds wrong ))

Viking Hoof
Group Admin
Ukaih
Group Contributor
Bookworm Guardian
Group Contributor

2490100 ((I know I've made one already, but I feel as if this guy could be a fun addition.))

Name: Check Mate
Species: Unicorn
Mane & Tail: Black
Coat: White
Eyes: Crimson
Cutie Mark: A black Pawn and a white Knight
Gear: Black Trench Coat, Katana, broken Shackles around forehooves
Position: Swordsmanship Class
Personality: Honorable and Stoic, with a generous helping of Dark Comedy and Deadpan Snarker-ism.

Rp:
Mate watched as his class filed into his 'dojo', so to speak. "Greetings, students," he said calmly, "I will be your sensei for the next few months. I would say make yourselves comfortable…" A wry grin formed on his muzzle. "… but those who truly wish to master the blade must be ready to face any peril, no matter how discomforting!"

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 273