MLP: Hard Analysis & Criticism 257 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Humanity
Group Admin

It has not even been a month since Season 8 ended. And yet, this is already up on Derpibooru.

Season 8 has roughly a third of its episodes leaked early on. But the fact that this has been leaked not even three weeks after Season 8 lends credence to the likelihood that the studio knows they’re in trouble. This reeks of desperation.

6596628 Desperation? Oh absolutely that it reeks of it! Plenty of its episodes have been shitshows lately, its finale was an absolute shitshow in my eyes and the fact that the quality of the show has been going down after season 4 just lends credence. Also from this pic it looks like it might be the christmas episode or something to do with winter wrap up.

This is just plain sad and pathetic.

6596628 I think that they're cute, but just where the hairy heck did you even find this?!:applejackconfused:

Humanity
Group Admin

Derpibooru. It was on the front page and I happened to catch it.

And since I know he’s watching... Hello there, Alphamon. Still lurking in the shadows out of spite?

Christmas special, not S9.

"My Little Pony: Best Gift Ever premieres Saturday, October 27th on Discovery Family !"

As the top comment says:

It's freaking October

Don't you think it's a bit early

Not to mention that Equestria already has a winter holiday, and last I heard it didn't involve flying reindeer delivering presents. :facehoof:

Humanity
Group Admin

A Christmas special? Completely detached from the show proper? Since when?

D48
D48 #9 · Sep 26th, 2018 · · 5 ·

Yeah, the shitshow isn't quite over yet, but as expected things are way too bad for people on the inside not to see it (they at least have the excuse of being paid to deal with that shit). One more year, then we get to see the fallout.

For Pete sake Hasbro, It's bad enough the show has become what it it so far, but this?!

Most likely the latter.

you got to remember that most people dont celebrate thanksgiving that much anymore besides the parade they just usually skip straight to Christmas season right after Halloween because to most people think thanksgiving is just "oh so its just dinner again"

On the topic of the gif i wonder if they are even trying to disguise product placement into the show anymore. i guess they got to fill the yearly quota i assume.

1. Is that last one Granny Smith?!
2. Does anyone else's eyes hurt?:facehoof:

D48
D48 #18 · Sep 27th, 2018 · · 7 ·

My guess is once we get past the people shed by whatever stupidity they pull in the series finale, the tiny rump of the fandom still remaining will continue on more or less the same as it is with people slowly bleeding off until G5 leaks airs. Once that happens, the differences between the two will be enough to break a lot of the cognitive dissonance and more or less kill off the last of the fandom. Granted there will still be a handfull of fanatics left behind, but they'll be essentially impossible to find unless you go looking for them specifically since most of the pony sites will shut down when the fandom finishes disintegrating.

I'd be surprised if we didn't.

Humanity
Group Admin

Don’t be so sure. Some sites might stick around, like this one, and just update for G5. It’ll certainly give this group a new lease on life depending on how things turn out.

D48
D48 #20 · Sep 28th, 2018 · · 5 ·

Yeah they'll stick around for G5, but based on what we've heard about it my expectation is that it'll be different enough to break the emotional attachment people have with G4 so they can look at it semi-objectively and poorly written enough that when they do they'll realize it's trash and give up on it. That'll kill the traffic on sites like this one as most of the people left leave the fandom, and with virtually no traffic and no one wanting to keep the sites running they'll naturally shut down. This one will probably stick around longer than most because of Knighty's pipe dream about turning this into a general fiction site, but between people leaving and his poor reputation there's no way that'll go anywhere so it'll shut down sooner or later.

6600202 General fanfic site, like Archive Of Our Own?

D48
D48 #22 · Sep 28th, 2018 · · 4 ·

I'd assume so. He's talked about a plan to expand the software backend of this site to all fiction and used that to justify a lot of the terrible design changes over the years, but at this point I'm doubting it'll ever happen and even if it does I can't see it gaining any real traction since his shit has alienated a lot of people over the years which is going to keep new people away. There's also sites like AO3 to compete with, and while I haven't personally tried it, I'm sure it's good enough to beat out his bad reputation regardless of any missing features.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25