Bullied bronys 34 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Hello there. I would like to share a personal story. I was bullied in school. Locker wrecked, stuff stolen, constant insults, and about 12 separate incidents where I got beaten up. I was the lanky skinny kid in my school, still am lanky and skinny, so.... Yeah. Easy target.

UNTIL! About after my 5th time getting beaten up, I hit upon an idea. I had heard my mother use the phrase

"Kill them with kindness"

In a conversation with one of her friends and I started to think about it... REALLY think about it. I figured I would just be as nice as possible to the group that bullied me. They stole stuff out of my locker? Well when I saw them the next time I'd say

"Hey thanks for clearing out my locker, it was getting kind of full."

And move on. They call me names and insult whatever I do? I'd say

"I'm so touched that you feel you can be so honest with me. I'm glad we're friends."

They beat me up? I'd say something along the lines of

"Wow that was fun! Next time it's my turn alright? I'll bring chips!"

And when that stuff wasn't going on. I'd offer to help with homework, ask if they wanted to play some basketball, leave friendship cards on their lockers with a dollar in each, offer to share my lunch with them. I acted like we were good friends. It almost felt like I was the bully since I was getting under their skin so bad, to the point I could tell they got NERVOUS around ME! I am not kidding, they would look NERVOUS! I could see it on their faces, they could NOT figure out WHY I was so nice to them. But it was the LAST time they beat me up, the 12th and final time, that sealed the deal on their bullying.

I was on the ground, and they were kicking me, no one was around, and so.... I did my best impression of this

[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI]

I laughed. I cackled my heart out, I did the most, hilarity filled laugh of my entire LIFE in that moment. And slowly they stopped kicking.... I kept laughing. I still remember what I said after they stopped

"Don't you get it? I am not afraid of you! You have NO power over me! NOTHING you do can hurt me! HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

I laughed out. This was me essentially

Yeah I was shocked years later to hear, roughly speaking, the same words I used that day in a movie. But oddly enough? It worked. No one ever knew I got beat up, I always hid that fact and never admitted to it or pointed out who did it, but I had won. The bullies stopped after that. I taught my lessons to others at the school. One day I saw them try it on a freshman, he was my cousin actually one day. They just started in insulting him and he just laughed it off and said

"Ah you guys are too cool! We're gonna be great friends."

And he walked over to me. I gave them a nod and they walked off. I never saw them do it to anyone else.

This was all a true story and I hope it helps. Remember.... Kill them with kindness

He'll kill ya with kindness!
He'll kill ya with a grin!
Kid Friendly!
Don't you mess around with him

[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ]

Via con dios mi amigoes

Big Brother is Watching
Group Contributor

....Dude....
That is pure GENIUS
*gives a gold star of mathematical excelence like Adric's*

I don't know if that would have worked on that one bully who called me a fag, since his real issue was partly that he was afraid of being liked by people and was actually a sort of effeminate guy with a pink iPhone, and therefore thin-skinned, and therefore would have accused me of being the bully if I tried the same tricks you did...

...but he was the exception, not the rule. Most bullies I know, I'll bet my front teeth that your technique would have worked on them. I'm going to try it next time!!! :pinkiehappy:

3640206 I like to call it Super Joker Technique. Being nice and pleasant to all like Superman, BUT when it comes down to it act like a total lunatic if nothing else is working. Please note the LAST part should ONLY be used if you are getting beaten up or else it won't work.

keam
Group Admin

Yeah, isn't it?! I'll try that next time!:pinkiehappy:
Oh, and btw, i'll PM you about a thingy....

keam
Group Admin

Yeah, isn't it?! I'll try that next time!:pinkiehappy:
Oh, and btw, i'll PM you about a thingy....

keam
Group Admin

Already done!:yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7