The Brony group 31 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 630 )
  • Viewing 601 - 650 of 630

Awww. I like roleplaying.

I'm sorry, I'unno what you want me to tell you. I didn't make the RP ban, it's just my job to carry it out. And there is more or less a legitimate reason as to why it needs to be banned, in that Fimfiction simply wasn't designed to handle the sheer volume of posts roleplaying tends to produce. Kind of like trying to drain your swimming pool with a bucket.

For many of the people whom we've had to warn regarding the roleplaying ban, we're actually unable to load their comment histories. Please, just try to think about the implications of that. They've (including some of the people in this very thread) produced so many comments as a result of roleplaying that Fimfiction physically cannot load them all.

So... y'know, it's kind of necessary. There are other sites better adapted to this sort of thing, and we'd really appreciate it if you could carry out roleplaying on those sites instead of Fimfiction.

(As regards the bans, they were only given to those who'd previously been warned regarding roleplaying on the site, so if it's only your first warning, there's no further issue.)

3258674 well ok then. :pinkiesad2:
You could always talk to knighty about maybe making it a rule to have to delete a thread once it got over 1000 or so messages.

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3258538 (you would have been banned already, you got a warning.)

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3258758 I still don't like the no RP rule hell the 502ertors started months after I started to RP.

3258788 yep, Knighty just seems to get rid of all the things people like on this site. I wasn't here when he banned NSFW art, but hell, I'm sure there was a lot of angry members.

I know why, it's just that I don't like that it has to be so.

Now hang on just a second. I'm assuming I'm one of these "people", correct me if I'm wrong, and it's being said that the site cannot load them all, yet this site has been up for years with Roleplaying allowed and has had no problems as far as I know, and all of a sudden it's banned.

And yes, I've had to wait a good ten minutes for the site to load because of the 502's, but I would rather have the errors (which may or may not be the whole reason) then have Roleplaying banned.

I know I shouldn't be bitching about this so much to you, and I'm sure knighty has his reasons, but this was my favorite thing to do here :raritydespair:, and now I feel really violated knowing others can see my comment history…these past 2 days have been a major letdown.

Screw. This. Site. (go ahead, sue me) :flutterrage:

Thus ends my rant.

P.S. I apologize for being such a mean bitch, I deserve all the hate.

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

(Well I found a site that is a general RP site so no race restrictions just no sexual content in case of it must be a "fade to black" scenario being the biggest rule the rest common sense):twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

(here is the link)

Comment posted by Shadow-Dancer deleted May 7th, 2014
Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

In my defense, I was continuing to RP because I had been told it was now allowed under specific conditions. And since the rules still say nothing about RPing and the page regarding hasn't updated..... Well, I had no way to check short of bugging the moderators, which he had apparently already done,

Eldorado

3259338 You can always use Fimfiction to organize roleplay, just so the actual event happens somewhere else. I know of a few people who've done exactly that, and it's working well enough for them.

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3259821 Just a suggestion, but you shout create a small list of RP sites so people that don't know any others can find them. Like it took me forever to find rpnation.com
Just an idea.

3259338 I couldn't agree with you more, they are pretty much banning us from writing specific things into a keyboard, things that aren't bad, they don't have a reason to ban it. It's knighty site. Why doesn't he just make it so after 1000 messages or something a thread deletes :applejackunsure:
And maybe one of the reasons the site is so slow is because they have every single person on the sites message history,that must be like 10 times the size of the normal site!!:flutterrage:
(Don't worry girl, we all bitching at this point)

I just realized I NEVER GOT MY ANSWER. The site has been up for years with no problems and now it's banned. Why is that? And also, why is it that whenever I reply to one moderator, a different one responds? are all the mods really just one person with a lot of different accounts? I smell a conspiracy here.

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3263057 There was a sudden influx of 502 errors and RPs were apparently one of the causes.

That's the exact same as saying, to many people comment on forums so we are going to ban posting comments!

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3264078 Whatever the reason like I said earlier I found a site to continue on.

3264159 yea, I have joined but can't find the forum :pinkiesad2:

3265151 I can't use that site, it's so confusing :raritydespair:

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3277048 Just click the RP tab on the roleplay and start anything connected to a comment is OOC.

3277078 have you guys continued on it?

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3277148 not everyone is on it yet I hope they get the message. On this page.

You guys, are you coming to the new site? This can't end just because of some ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS ban! The Crusaders must go on:pinkiesad2:

Yes. I just got there:twilightsmile:.

Um…what's the site that we are joining? I'm not sure where it is?:twilightsheepish:

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

3282052 rpnation.com
(3265151 use this link)

3281324 I can't figure out how to to use this damn site :raritydespair:

I'm ready to RP. Is anyone else ready?

Shadow-Dancer
Group Admin

yea let me get on.

so, is there anyone that is still here and doing the RP on the other site?

3519733 once we switched I kinda left :applejackunsure:

aaww...maybe you could come back? please...:scootangel::fluttershysad::heart::fluttershysad::scootangel:

3519852 nah, I don't really like the new site and I'm sure you guys are way ahead. It has been like four months.

we're not that far ahead, and right now it's just me and Action. I was going to write a story linked to the RP and everything...

• Viewing 601 - 650 of 630