Writers With Learning Disorders 223 members · 1,536 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I recently have gotten a bit more serious about my writing abilities as I have progressed in Not Another Good Guy. I really want to get better with my writing abilities, but so far only two people have given me feedback on what I'm doing right and wrong. It's really tough to get better when nobody tells me what is wrong, so I decided to send out a call for help to my fellow writers with disorders.

It would mean the world to me if you could take a little bit of time to read my story and tell me what is good and bad, along with any advice you may have about strengthening my writing skills. I'm not asking for anything big, just a response to my story at all is welcome. Thanks!

2523019 As far as strengthening writing skills: read!
I read Tolstoy, myself. He was a master, and his visual story-telling, I've noticed now, really help me. I also read my other favs: Melville and Kawabata.

Anyway: read! Read closely! And of course write, even if a voice within you say you can't; silence that voice by keeping writing!:pinkiehappy:

I would say i'd love to givev your story a looking over, and I would most certainty, I love helping, but I have a bad habit of forgetting:twilightblush::twilightblush: if I do, you'll see a comment from me on your story, tho, for sure! I'll be as helpful as I can:rainbowdetermined2:

Ill see what I can do.

Lol, I have the reading thing covered. I started writing because I ran out of money to buy more books. Turns out that spending over one hundred dollars a month on new books is called "obsession" now and my parents won't let me read.:raritycry: Most teens sneak out at night to have sex and do drugs, I sneak out to watch the stars and buy books. Everyone tells me that my unnatural abilities at reading are a gift, but they actually really suck. I only get a little bit of time on each book before I'm done. I don't get the joy of waiting in suspense, the anticipation of the future, or any sense of accomplishment from finishing.

2524581 You're already way ahead of me then:derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh:

Sucks about the parent thing: think they'd still be supportive:applejackunsure:

Damn, too, you read fast--I take a while:twilightblush::twilightblush::twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5