The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 1016 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,016
RogerDodger
Group Admin

Event overview | Review spreadsheet

Note for newcomers: While many participants choose to review others' entries, doing so is in no way required.

Please refrain from saying anything that might compromise your anonymity. Doing so is grounds for disqualification. It's recommended you do dummy reviews of your own stories should it otherwise be easy to deduce which you wrote.

Spectral
Group Contributor

git hype

The Letter J
Group Contributor

Aww, yeah! It's that time again. :yay:
And the notification email actually got through my spam filter this time. :twilightsmile:

hazeyhooves
Group Contributor

I'm ready.

RogerDodger
Group Admin

And the notification email actually got through my spam filter this time.

Woohoo! :yay:

I am literally predicting a figurative showdown between Literally and Figuratively during this round of prompt voting... and oh, the mashups.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor

Is it that time again already?

Vic Fontaine
Group Contributor

After the mad rush around Horizon's poetry contest, I could almost use a week delay, lol. My brain is fried. :)

Axis of Rotation
Group Contributor
Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor
Broman
Group Contributor

This time. This Time I got this!

Spectral
Group Contributor

I'm back.

You were gone? (I was gone)

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

As promised, "Nightmare fuel can't melt steel dreams" has been submitted.

This is possibly my best/worst prompt submission yet.

Spectral
Group Contributor

For how long have we been restricted to 1 prompt submission? I know the last WriteOff had the same limit, but beyond that I'm not sure.

never look back!

Or forward! You might miss the assignments you have to do right now. :facehoof:

billymorph
Group Contributor

Ooo-ooo!

We're Half Way There

Yeah-yeah!

Living on a Prayer

Okay, seriously, how do people keep getting these song lryics to line up in the prompt vote? :rainbowlaugh:

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Since Behind Closed Doors; i.e. for the last 10 writeoffs (including this one).

Spectral
Group Contributor

Last TEN?
Wow, I'm attentive.
If that is a reference, I'm not getting it. :applejackunsure:

Bachiavellian
Group Contributor

Some prompts that I may or may not have been tempted to submit:

Ot of Sight, Ot of Mind
What Someone Ot to Do
Let Ot Go!
OT Never Delivers
TURN DOWN FOR OT!
Living Ot a Prayer

In less punny news today, I have a double shift at work on Saturday, so I have no idea if I'm going to be able to get in on this month's action.

Spectral
Group Contributor

Ah, all right. Then again, if you're always turning you'll end up going in circles.

Vic Fontaine
Group Contributor

Closing Time was used in the last year or less, iirc.

Spectral
Group Contributor

In Swedish, "blinkers" refers to the turn signals on cars. I just now realised that's not the case in English. :facehoof:

Group Contributor

Whoever submitted the biscuit prompt needs to get a medal. That had me in tears.

archonix
Group Contributor

4746954 It can do. Depends where you are.

Frogmyre
Group Contributor

To the person who submitted: "The Mysterious and Mythical Multitalented Motled Merry Mare"

Congratulations, you have created the prompt I want to win the most.

May the odds ever be in your favor! (Why isn't this a prompt?)

It was. Someone should submit "Sequel 2: The Sequencing!"

Not_A_Hat
Group Contributor

4746801 Good to have you back!

Aaaaannndd.... here we GO! Hopefully I'll be able to focus better this time.

Spectral
Group Contributor

Ha det brå!

Almost. :ajsmug:

Thanks. One of the meanings makes more sense than the other when talking about ponies, though. :rainbowlaugh:

FDA_Approved
Group Contributor

It's actually pretty hilarious seeing your avatars together and how Rainbow is looking at Rainbow.

But good to have you back monokeras!

TURN DOWN FOR OT!

I don't know whether to :facehoof: or :rainbowlaugh:

Cosmic Cowboy
Group Contributor

4746621 Is that what happened? I completely missed the whole thing because of that.

Smaug the Golden
Group Contributor

Dangit, I entered another musical prompt. :facehoof: If mine ends up winning like last time, I'll go sit in a corner and cry.

D̻͚͓͖͎̺̟̯̯͕̖̗̝̮͖̲̻̩͋̑ͧ̓̄̂͊͆ͥͥͨͩ̿̾̈́́̚͘͞͡͠i̸ͦ̇̈̃ͦ͟͞҉̠̝͔͈͍̗̙͖̬͈͍̖̼̲/

I apologize for this horrible prompt. It was actually supposed to say "Discord" like this, but it didn't fit in the box and I hit enter before I realized. And I actually didn't think about how it fucks up the prompts above and below it too. Which it doesn't do on my submissions page, oddly enough.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor

Allow me to tell you all a story. A story of Prompts:

Literally, a Musical Number about The Edge Of Truth and Love: A Deeper Look at Living on a Prayer. We're Half Way There, so... Pick a Color for Good Villains? Figuratively, of course.

Well Butter My Back and Call Me a Biscuit! The Anticipation of Closing Time is killing me! That mare, She Drove Me To Drink And I Didn't Even Thank Her for the boozy Myths and Legends I met, Metaphorically, at the Top Of The World.

Such are the Forces of Nature, like The Anger of a Gentle Mare having Calm Conversations Ot Serendipity. I've Got a Feeling that the Dreams of the Sphinx are some sort of Friendship Games. But Behind Blue Eyes, Would it matter if I was? Digging for Gold?

Defy the Odds! But don’t mix Apples and Oranges or you’re in for An uneasy Night Outside In the outhouse. You’re sure to pass out, Still Kicking and pinching, and have weird Nightmare Fuel Can't Melt Steel Dreams. Friends and Foes abound, but beware The Mysterious and Mythical Multitalented Motled Merry Mare for she bears A Box Full of Tears. You will find Half a Pepperoni Pizza in Each Tower, Casting Shadows as they suffer Metamorphosis into that which you flush.

It is said that Home Is Where The Heart Is, that A Mare's Home Is Her Castle. A place where the Phantom Pain experienced by Those Left Behind is tremendous.

Lest We Forget, FiMfiction’s WriteOff Group is A Glass Case of EMOTION! Your Best Friend could like Coco Sword Pommel in Shoes?! Everyone knows socks are superior! These Parables, these fables of fiction and pony aesops are a Labor of Love. Our Legends Live Forever on the internet and we all agree that the Inclusive "Or" is Stupid.

Strythio
Group Contributor

I wanna try again, it's been so long since I've attended one of these.

One for the enjoyment, and one for the need. :pinkiehappy:

The Letter J
Group Contributor

If you didn't see the email, then yes, it's probably got caught in your spam filter. But at least in gmail, if you find the email and mark it as not spam, it will probably come through next time. (Actually, I might have had to do it with two of the emails. I don't remember for sure.)

Group Contributor

What show is this gif from?

You can delete it and resubmit.

Click your username at the top of the Writeoff page, and you can delete your entry from the prompts entry page. At least, I think you can delete it.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor

We Bare Bears...I think

4747472 I'm leaving it; I'm curious as to if anyone will vote on it.

Spectral
Group Contributor

"Hur mår du?"
"Mor" means mother. :twilightsmile:

Your Swedish probably beats my French, though. I used to be sort of decent, but I've forgotten a lot of it.

Comment posted by Trick Question deleted Oct 1st, 2015
Spectral
Group Contributor

"Små" is correct. FYI, the Swedish letter 'å' sounds like the French word "eau", while 'o' sounds like "ou". :twilightsmile:

Kitcat36
Group Contributor

I'm looking forward to this writeoff. A lot of the prompts sound interesting and my brain is actually in gear, so the winch running the bucket down to the idea well is actually pulling up some thoughts. (long metaphor...too long?) I have a test Friday and a test Monday, but I'll go crazy if I study ALL weekend so I should be able to pull a story off...

horizon
Group Admin

After the mad rush around Horizon's poetry contest, I could almost use a week delay, lol. My brain is fried. :)

You and me both!

On top of it all, I have a convention this weekend. I might be ghosting this round. I'd feel bad about sitting out entirely, but my (self-inflicted and externally imposed) workload(s) are pretty brutal. I might just half-ass a submission to mitigate the point loss, and limit myself to a single slate's worth of reviews. :\

Pascoite
Group Contributor

I might just half-ass a submission to mitigate the point loss

Welcome to my life.

horizon
Group Admin

No, just the ones that conflict with Writeoff minific weekends. D:

... actually, you know what, that's a really good point.

I can see where the road of "feeling obligated to submit to the Writeoffs" leads, because you're on the path ahead of me. You really don't seem to be having fun with that, and this month, I'd be resenting the extra work myself. I'm fresh off of the Pony Island contest, I've got a minific to write for Skywriter for his prize, and I'm attending a convention; last time I tried writing at a con, I ended up regretting taking time away from all the activities, and I ended up with a story a lot of folks found incomprehensible.

So you know what, I'm making a conscious choice to sit this round out and return in November. That almost certainly means two people will knock me off the top of the scoreboard, but the more I care about that, the more that this whole thing just becomes about points, and what drew me to the Writeoffs is at right angles to that.

I'll still try to do a slate's worth of reviews next week, but no promises.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Well, I hope you have fun this weekend, regardless of what you end up doing. No point in entering something for fun if you're not having, you know, fun.

Cold in Gardez
Group Contributor

TBH I don't understand why anyone cares about the points. The medals matter far, far more (to me, at least), and they never decay.

The only thing the points signifies is what order your name appears on the scoreboard, as far as I'm concerned.

Cold in Gardez
Group Contributor

It is, of course, still screwing up the prompts above and below it. But if you're fine with that...

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Because watching numbers go up is fun!

Also, it gives you something for participating even if you don't win.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,016