The Royal Equestrian NAVY! 88 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

As it says tell us your characters and ships you will be using in the RPG. Try to include as much detail as you can. Please use the following format:

Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Cutie Mark:
Talent:
Family:
Bio:
Extra:

As for the ships, all we need right now is her name, approximate size/tonnage, armaments, type, and basic history.

Storm Seas
Group Admin

I'll jump in first considering the realities of the current RP

Name: Storm Seas
Species: Unicorn
Appearance: Sea/Cobalt blue coat, storm grey and navy blue mane
Personality: Thoughtful, extremely serious, but has a heart of gold and is extremely loyal to others to the point of risking his life to save that of another. Smart and not afraid to show off his knowledge. Prefers to be alone most of the time, less distractions and the such.
Cutie Mark: An anchor with the top part being shrouded in a storm cloud.
Talent: Teleportation magic, can jump vast distances and multiple ponies to same place. (Main strength) Naval Magic, Chief creator of a lot of damage control type spells and gunnery spells (mostly to help the loading process)
Family: A Earth Pony Father (Stern Wind), a Unicorn mother (Tender Grace), and Pegasus Brother (Light Streak).
Bio: Original wanted to be a historian and study ancient cultures and languages. (A Professor Jones) Was studding at the Canterlot royal College when the Changelings attacked (S2 Final), and when the Royal Guard was split into the Armed Forces he joined the rapidly growing Navy. Four years later he was a midshipcolt on the aged Cruiser Harmony (WWI armored cruiser). He was jumped up the rank system from midshipcolt to lieutenant after the Harmony successfully engaged a Changeling dreadnought and won. Transferred to the then new Dreadnought Equestria and served there until he was promoted again in battle to acting Captain after the bridge was hit. Survived and saved the Equestria and the Admiralty up held the promotion. Was posted to the new construct cruiser Harmony and served there till he was transferred land-side for some time to perfect his damage control and gunnery spells. Was then given commission of the Schornhorse and sailed on her through the Great Crystal War.
Extra: Hates, with a passion, fish.

As for the ship, here are the stats and a visual.
Schornhorse Stat
Schornhorse Broadside Visual

Eagle
Group Admin

Ah, better. (Took a hint from the ACES one, I see.)

Rouge Wave
Species: Earth
Bio: Leaving his family's farm in preference to the navy, he was assigned to the ship which he commands today, having worked his way through the ranks. He prefers to remain calm in any situation, only showing real anger when asked about his family and life before joining.

Ship: ERS Princess Royal.
Battlecruiser
13.5 inch main guns
9-4 inches mostly
History: The final ship of the Princess class (following Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight), Princess Royal was not part of the original series. When it was found how effective the first four were, and that there was enough left for a final addition, Princess Royal was launched. She differs greatly from her sisters; having improved armor, guns, and speed. She is expected to be one of the Navy's best ships.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

((Nope, took a cue from a RPG I did a few years ago))
Name: Seaspray
Species: Earth Pony
Appearance: Blue coat with a Blue, Purple and Yellow mane and tail, and blue eyes.
Personality: No-nonsense and extremely driven
Cutie Mark: five bladed propeller and bubbles
Talent: Naval engineering
Family: Mother is deceased, estranged from her birth father
Bio: Born and raised in the ancient city of White Haven, to a single mother and no father. Despite her humble origins and being hundred of miles form the ocean she grown to love the sea as her mother told her stories of her life in Halifax and her father, a sailor. When she turned 15 she left White Haven for Baltimare's Navy Preparatory School, which was to let her gain quick entrance in the Naval Academy. She is ostracized by her classmates for being poor, speaking with an accent, and her lack of a cutie mark. She closed herself off even after she gained her cutie mark she had only a small number of friends.

Upon the completion of her Pleb Summer she met her father, and did not like what she saw. She knew who to surpass, and to show the world that she will not be like Admiral Windjammer.

TEMS Everfree (BB-05)
Class: Everfree (Modernized Montana)
Type: Battleship, post-Dreadnought
Length: 920 ft 6 in (280.57 m)
Beam: 121 ft 0 in (36.88 m)
Draft: 36 ft 1 in (11.00 m)
Speed: 30+knots
Main Guns: 16" Mark V guns
Range: 24 miles
Armor:

Side belt: 16.1 inches (409 mm) tapering to 10.2 inches (259 mm) on 1-inch (25 mm) STS plate inclined 19°
Lower side belt: 7.2 inches (183 mm) tapered to 1 inch (25 mm) inclined 10°[1]
Bulkheads: 18 inches (457 mm) forward, 15.25 inches (387 mm) aft[1]
Barbettes: 21.3 inches (541 mm), 18 inches (457 mm) (aft)[1]
Turrets: up to 22.5 inches (572 mm)
Decks: up to 6 inches (152 mm)

Eagle
Group Admin

Alright, but there is something different.

I am here, but you are not there! I am disappoint.

Eagle
Group Admin

1968129 1968875
So...

(Never really RP'd before)

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I guess wait until we can squeeze you in

Eagle
Group Admin

Ok, let me know when

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Just keep an eye on the main thread, might make a comment about an unknown ships appearing out at sea

Storm Seas
Group Admin

I needeth information!
The RP is about to get some action but i need info. Here is what is needed.

Main Armament
Maximum velocity:
Maximum range:
Penetration @ 18,00 yrds:
Penetration @ muzzle:
Weight of Shells: (preferably in kg)

Oh and this!

Special Weapons: (Anything that is NOT a big gun. Rocket assisted rounds, missiles, lasers, wake-guns, CIWS, Chain-guns, and oddball guns, that stuff.)

That's all. I basically needed it to realistically figure damages and all that jazz that happens when you get shooting large caliber guns.

Eagle
Group Admin

mine's basically a modern Lion class; modern armor, weapons, speed, etc.

Eagle
Group Admin

1976444 2007249
I'll admit i'm actually having a pretty fun time; like having a game of chess between authors.

Storm Seas
Group Admin

Oh yes! I love it too, except when my boat gets slammed.... but beside that this is super fun.

like having a game of chess between authors

I like that, very much. It very apt for this situation.

But hey I've good more planned, anyone up for some real co-op combat?

Oh and just so IF we plan on fighting each other again, let do some pre-talk just so we get some real fighting, not just one hit,one kill stuff. That stuff gets old and annoying to quickly.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

And you trying to get me in checkmate with Dåtid

Eagle
Group Admin

2010048 2010004
This can be the start of our fantastic rap career!

Eagle
Group Admin

2010048 2010004
And reply quicker, i'm running out of time and I don't have forever to play this.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

:ajbemused: Of course now I will have to make Dåtid a major character, not bad for somepony named after a oven from IKEA.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Different time zones, and we do have a life outside the internet

Eagle
Group Admin

That's why you'll never advance to the tier of...ULTIMATE WARRIOR!

Eagle
Group Admin

Eh...a little too kinky....

Your ride will soon be un-pimped

Eagle
Group Admin

My avatar can kill your avatar with ease.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

At least up until you change it again.

And Rouge is making it very hard to like him, is there a reason why he is such an ass?

Eagle
Group Admin

All of my avatars could kill him.

And you have to play the game to find out. Play the cards right and you'll find out.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

So don't have my characters strangle him then? He does know that threatening a head of state is a good way to get yourself killed

Eagle
Group Admin

Your head of state, maybe.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Any head of state, even if you don't like them

Eagle
Group Admin

She isn't a head of state of anything to him, remember? Continue and see what happens, if you dare

Storm Seas
Group Admin

2021296>>2021296

Oh well I hope some gets off their high horse soon! Or some serious ship is gonna go down!!

Storm Seas
Group Admin

So for all of you missile toting warship buddies, here is something to keep in mind when firing those expensive toys off!....

http://warships1discussionboards.yuku.com/topic/8838#.Um69hqyHezY

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I cannot confirm or deny the existence of missiles, especially cruise missiles, on the Everfree

Storm Seas
Group Admin

I don't need to know, I was just putting it out there that they aren't as effective as someponies believe against heavily armored targets like BB's.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Depends on the warhead, and where you aimed. Though the Iraqis did hit the Missouri with one, they were aiming for one of the hospital ships, they just chipped the paint and pissed off the Chief of the Boat. But for the most part any missile my ship would have would be meant for use against lighter armored ships, and against land based targets. One thing the Iowas showed is that they are a very, very excellent platform for Tomahawks

Storm Seas
Group Admin

Oh yeah! A ship designed to be a stable as possible for 16 in naval guns would be perfect for those missiles, minus the shock they may receive from the guns firing. but you can't have everything!:ajsleepy:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I think they were given 32 cruise missiles in a box launcher, and they worked pretty well.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Voidgraph: Devices developed by the Concordiat to facilitate communications between worlds. While they are fairly easy to build, assuming you have the parts and materials, and to power, they are difficult to use as you are trying to find a talk with a world amongst many. As of this moment only text can be transmitted via a voidgraph

Storm Seas
Group Admin

Good to know! Oh and I'm going to pull some seriously odd stunts here, namely magic and the likes.

Just so we all know, only describe what your fired and where it was aimed. the ship(s) were gonna fight are ridiculous so they don't die easy, I'll post the damages they take while we all shoot it. Sound Good? (Also I'll only post its shots and where they were aimed and let you guys determine damages as well, but keep them realistic, no 50mm shell bounced off 9 in armor.)

Railroad Brony
Group Contributor

Name:Silent Deep
Species: Earth Pony
Appearance: Dark blue mane and coat
Personality: Gruff, but kind
Cutie Mark: Sextant
Talent: Undersea Tactics
Family:?
Bio:?

Ship: Her Celestial Majesties Submarine Coltbia Gato-Class
(I'm familliar with this class because I live near the preserved USS Cobia)
General characteristics:
Type: Diesel-electric submarine
Displacement: 1,525 tons (1,549 t) surfaced
2,424 tons (2463 t) submerged
Length: 311 ft 8 in (95.00 m) – 311 ft 10 in (95.05 m)
Beam: 27 ft 3 in (8.31 m)
Draft: 17 ft (5.2 m) maximum
Propulsion: 4 × diesel engines driving electrical generators (Fairbanks-Horse), 2 × 126-cell Sargo batteries,4 × high-speed electric motors with reduction gears (Allis-Chalmers); two propellers; 5,400 shp (4,000 kW) surfaced2,740 shp (2,040 kW) submerged
Speed: 21 knots (39 km/h) surfaced 9 knots (17 km/h) submerged
Range: 11,000 nautical miles (20,000 km) surfaced at 10 knots (19 km/h)
Endurance: 48 hours at 2 knots (3.7 km/h) submerged 75 days on patrol
Test depth: 300 ft (90 m)[3]
Complement: 6 officers, 54 enlisted men[3]
Armament: 10 × 21-inch (533 mm) torpedo tubes (six forward, four aft),24 torpedoes; 1 × 3-inch (76 mm) / 50 caliber deck gun, Bofors 40 mm and Oerlikon 20 mm cannon

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41