We Like The Prequels! 32 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Dash Attack
Group Admin

Hidden underneath some of the lamer section of dialogue, Lucas did right some very good dialogue moments in the prequels that are often overlooked by critics. Let be start by nameing one from each Episode.

EP I; Is that legal?
I'll make it legal.

EP II: You call this diplomatic solution?
No I call it an aggressive negotiation.

EPIII: You were the Chosen One!

EP III: YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

2240565 Almost any line said by Palpatine is pretty much awesome.

DreamCloud
Group Admin

(Guessing on episode numbers here)

Ep. 3: "Only the Sith deal in the absolutes."

Ep. 5: "Do, or Do Not; there is no 'try'. " - Evidence that Yoda is a Sith

2240565>>2242693>>2240904>>2240570

I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

Dash Attack
Group Admin

2242924 I like that line too, but some people don't. Also I think Hayden did a good job in this scean. Sure the dialogue a little shaky but I think this is a powerful scean, considering the emotional crap he went through. He shakes, he stutters, he justifies his crimes. Really, this is very bearable too me, even thought Padma should thought about this before getting hitched.

2240565 "You were my brother Anikin! ...I loved you!":raritycry:
2243002 Oh yes, this was intense. Portman gave the weaker acting in this scene, definitely, or maybe it was just the stupidest ideas in the script for what reaction she should have. But my favourite pieces from the show were actually the non-dialogue bits from Naboo from this movie where they're just mucking about in the grass and stuff. It was a far more powerful view of their trusting and loving relationship than any of the overdramatic lines they could have spoken about how they felt about each other in this time. This opposed to when they're sitting around by firelight unnecessarily discussing the moral implications of their relationship in an unnecessarily tight boob-squisher dress (or at least Padme was, I got no idea what was going on under Anikin's robes, but he certainly seemed uncomfortable enough for it) A good example of where showing vs. telling applies to film literature as well as written forms of storytelling.

Dash Attack
Group Admin

2243874 Interesting take. It's been a wile since I've watched episode II, but I agree that sunflower seen was really good. Also If you think about it, it was probobly the most fun the two have had in years giveing their jobs. Portman did have some really bad acting moments, but then in other sceans, her acting is really good. It really picks up at the end of episode 3.

Gives me chills.

Think get really Shakespeare at this part.

2244370 Oh yeah. Those were pretty awesome!

"If you're not with me, then you are my enemy"

This shakespearian line of dialogue harkens back to my favorite President, George Walker Bush, who said that they are "either with us or against us; there is no middle ground here."

This draws a comparison between these two heroes and, fittingly, to the tragedies that befell the legacies of these heroic chosen ones.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11