BONC - Writer's Group 21 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

Here it is! This is it, the big one! The story that will change your lives forever! Or not.
Authors that want in on a big compilation, here is where we will be discussing the idea of a compilation story.
Working Title: A Mile In Their Horseshoes
Here's how it works.
Each author writes a chapter of any length they choose to tell the complete story of a character during the course of a day.
When we get to the end of their day, it culminates in one common event. Throughout the story, each character will run into other characters from this story, or will at least observe one of the other characters so it feels like one big story from multiple angles.

They don't all have to start at the same place, but they do all end at going to an event.

Discuss below any details you wish to add, or subtract, and who you want to write about, what the event is, and where it will be.

Rovoska
Group Admin

I suppose I'll join in.

1771358I'd join, but I feel like I'd fuck it all up.

horizon
Group Admin

Got too much on my plate, but it sounds like fun and I wish you all well.

Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

No way, we'll all have each other's backs to polish this thing up! :pinkiehappy:

1779351I guess... just tell me when you want something done and if you care what it's about.

Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

Well, that's what we should be discussing. Let's have some ideas! :pinkiehappy:

I seem to recall the fanfic writer conversation at the expo somehow get to talking about the statues, in either Ponyville or Canterlot Gardens. I think a little story from the perspective of one of these statues may be interesting, but what do people think?

Unknown Quillist
Group Admin

If OCs are allowed, can I possibly do the day in the life of a Guard?

This sounds like a great idea!:pinkiehappy: I would definently want to participate in this.:scootangel:

Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

1792253 Sure you can!

1815365 Welcome aboard then!

So, everyone, I'm fairly sure you all know who you are going to write about, but we still need to agree on the event that this all will wrap around, what kind of event should it be?
A disaster, or an occasion, maybe a celebration?

Unknown Quillist
Group Admin

I was thinking maybe the Summer Sun Celebration, but just without the Nightmare Moon shenanigans again.

Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

Okay, Rifled, hit me up on Facebook and we can hammer some ideas out.

Phoenix Quill
Group Admin

Okay, between efforts of Rifled Quill and I, we had managed to figure out the what, and the where. The event everypony is going to, is the Summer Sun Celebration located this year in scenic Manehatten!

Riffled Quill shall be taking his part of the story, writing from the perspective of his OC, Dusty, a royal guard.

Who do you want to write for? Here's the basic rules.

You're character that you chose, (BG Pony, mane pony, OC, etc, but ONLY ONE!) makes a journey from where they live, to Manehatten. There, they run into at least ONE other pony from someone else's story and have either a good, bad, or even average day in the city before the event.

The actual summer sun celebration will be handled in a broad perspective, interrupting the main story before we go back to each character again to see the events from their view, and the events after from their view.

Here below is a sloppy, sloppy example.

Cheerilee gets up, has a breakfast and is excited to be leaving for the event. It's the weekend so it's not a field trip, and she has no responsibilities.

While waiting for the train to Manehatten, she runs into the CMC, and Applejack has her watch them for a few minutes. (If someone is writing from either AJ or one of the CMC's perspectives, these authors would have to work together for these parts of the story so they line up)

On the train ride over, Cheerilee tries to relax, but she keeps having parents of foals asking her for help. On arrival, she tries to book a hotel room, only to find that there are no vacancies. She becomes frustrated to learn that she will have to share a room with a stranger. (This is not neccicarally a moment to have another authors character, but if you were writing this, and decided to have it as such, you could. And you could do that at any time, so long as you do so at least once in your story)

She tries to sleep during the day so that she could be up all night to watch the sunrise, but her roommates are very noisy, causing her to leave to just see the sights of the city. (Anything could happen here!) Finally, she does go to sleep at 8 in the evening, only to find sleep hard to get because of all the noise of the roommates, and of the city in general.

She wakes up at almost four in the morning, running late to get to the Summer Sun Celebration. She quickly gallops to thyme square, only to find that she's in the back of the crowd.

She winds up not actually seeing the princess.

She now goes into a diner, and in this scene, EVERYONE'S character will be sitting down in eventually, so at one moment everypony will be here, and conversations will happen. Some ponies will hear other's stories and feel better about what happened to them now that they heard this, others will feel better just to get it off their chest. But in the end, all characters will share a table together, and toast to the princess before gathering their things and going their separate ways.

This isn't a perfect example, nor even who I may write about, (I still don't know yet!)
So everyone discuss who you are going to write about!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14