Human in Equestria 16,837 members · 16,990 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

For the love of Celestia spellcheck please! :facehoof:
The forums not going anywhere, you can afford to take the time to look over your post

Human potential, even if crystallized into any sort of element, has nothing to do with harmony. It can be used for both good and evil in abundance, while the elements of harmony are (in almost every respect) inherently good.

Fix your system, and adhere it to the Standard Model of Magic while you're at it.

Could it be that, if the elements were used upon humans, they'd essentially provide us with a catalyst to aid in the suppression of the most unneccessary aspects of our primal nature.

You also forgot that the OP needs to check their capitalization errors.

It is said that any virtue when taken to an extreme can become a vice.

― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Honesty becomes disillusionment, candidness, brazenness, harshness, inability to keep secrets
Kindness becomes over-protectiveness, coddling, stunting others' maturity, contradiction (true 'kindness' is not always 'nice')
Laughter becomes ridicule, impropriety, laxity, disconnection with reality, madness
Generosity becomes loss of 'self', damage to others' pride, lack of ambition and direction
Loyalty becomes jingoism, blindly following, being bound to a cause you disagree with, clannishness
Magic (AKA Power) becomes tyranny, greed, corruption, loss of ethics and morality, god complex

What I'm saying is that it's all subjective. Good, evil, harmony, discord... all of it subjective. There are no "absolute objective definitions" for any of them, and none of these concepts can be described without ultimately invoking their opposite concept to draw a comparison. Thus, the true definition is all based on the opinion of the observer in question.

One problem at a time buddy

Potential is not really a solely human trait...

Those expansions of virtues need to be written into a fic.
They MUST.

Let's get on this, guise.

That is why the discording of the elements came so easy, It was logical, the reason they won was because of the feelings shared in those memories of past events that made them forget about the truth given to them and just... live with it.(I don't know how to say it here) (And the only reason fluttershy didn't work was because he was unprepared for her confidence in her weak nature.)

(Just right click and open in a new tab so you can expand it and read it)

I thank you for your consideration, simply saying English is not your native tongue would have saved you a lot of trouble. I understand where your coming from.

I would probally say it would depend on which humans encountered the elements

It would probally benefit the ones who are pure-hearted

969713, you shoving your personal hypothesis and headcanon on the author isn't going to make you friends.

Anyways, I kind of see Human Potential as an amplifying element that's morality blind.

I do not deal with the same man twice, even if he happens to wear another name, another face.

Reigniting old wars will not make you any friends, either. It WILL make you enemies - that, you can always be sure of.

I have no patience for witless fools, nor for spineless cowards. Stand if you stand against me, or I will strike you down running. A man who shows his back to the enemy deserves no better than the arrow that will pierce him.

976597, your hypothesis of how magic works is not better than Vipersnake's hypothesis of magic. Pretending that your hypothesis carries greater weight than that of Vipersnake's is not only laughable but makes you look like an arrogant tool.

------------

Back to the topic, I wonder, would Human wielded elements be weaker than those wielded by ponies?

Truth does not need weight to be proven. And here you defame my ideas and call me an arrogant tool, yet refrain from any attempt to actually prove me wrong?

I will not deny my arrogance. I revel in it. Unlike the pathetic smallness of your own thoughts, arrogance is at least something one can take pride in. And while it can undoubtedly lead to downfall, it can also lead to far greater success than one would dream of without it - simply because one dared to dream.

A man without dreams is blind. A man without ambition is crippled. A man without arrogance is no man, but an insect crawling on the floor, hoping not to be crushed. And a man's only thought for insects is how and when they are a nuisance, and how he best exterminate them.

We were yelling at each other. This is the internet, people do that a lot here~

976649 You're a sociopath.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20