Equestria Daily 711 members · 2,250 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Pascoite
Group Contributor

Alexstrazsa started this group long ago with the goal of including every story Equestria Daily has featured. He started at the beginning, but soon became daunted by sheer numbers and didn't get very far. Much later, I started including stories as they got approved by the pre-readers, but some have slipped past me, and I'm missing a huge chunk in between my and Alex's efforts. I've always honored requests by authors to include their stories that got overlooked, but it wasn't widely disseminated that authors could do this, I guess. Plus it's made more difficult by the fact that some EqD features that didn't originally reside on FiMFiction have since migrated over here.

If you know of a story that has gotten a solo feature on Equestria Daily but hasn't been included in this group, feel free to post in this thread or PM one of the group mods or pre-readers (if you know who they are—the membership list doesn't indicate such, but use me if you like) so we can add it (you should probably check their homepage to see if they're still active before choosing one). Please include a link to the story, and if possible, a link to the EqD page as well, just to save us the time of having to look it up and verify. Side stories and sequels that have been added to approved stories are also eligible, I suppose, though on the pre-reader side, we're often unaware of these (they're supposed to be submitted straight to the submit box, bypassing us), so I haven't been as conscientious at keeping track of them.

I did a quick cross-check of my own stories and found a few that aren't in the group:
Apple Boom - EQD
First Act - EQD
Apple Knots - EQD
Thanks! :twilightsmile:

RQK

Had I known sequels were eligible for group inclusion, I would have said something earlier.
Here is one of mine:
Substitute
which is the sequel to this: Feedback - EQD

Also, The Celestia Code and its sequels are not in the group presently
The Celestia Code - EQD
The Luna Cypher
The Twilight Enigma
The Skyla Pseudonym

Comment posted by Steel Resolve deleted Aug 7th, 2017

Oddly enough, Green isn't listed amongst romance. Which reminds me that I need to report it's complete now...

Edit, holy crap, spotty internet posted same comment five times....

Anyway, here's the post https://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/story-green.html and the chapter number is woefully outdated and no longer even relevant since I had to fix my chapter numbering system.

Pascoite
Group Contributor

You can straighten out any details of the listing by contacting the main box at sumbit@equestriadaily.com, including what tags it has and chapter numbering. Report that it's complete as well, and you'll get another solo post. Meanwhile, I'll add it to the group.

Yeah, I just sent the update email. Thanks!

Only just discovered this group existed!

I had a feature (scouted) for You Betcha! back in September, but that one doesn't seem to have made its way to the group. It's a Slice of Life story, unsurprisingly.

Pascoite
Group Contributor

I've only been adding stories that go through the pre-readers, so that's all I have visibility to. I haven't been putting scouted stories in, but I have been including sequels/side stories in when I become aware they exist.

My story was featured in this post. It hasn't been added to the group yet.

TScrambled Serenity
Discord has wonderful news for Celestia! In fact, it's news so wonderful that it might render her speechless... which is a good thing, right?
Ice Star · 3.4k words  ·  191  15 · 6.6k views
Pascoite
Group Contributor

See previous post. I haven't been adding the scouted stories, since they're not going through review and I often don't even notice those posts.

Hasn’t it gotten to the point where many stories are now scouted? Isn’t that a disservice to those authors? My story actually got a review by Present Perfect about a week before ending up on EqD. Surely that counts?

Dunno if this is the proper place for it (if this thread is inactive, I'll send a PM in a few days instead), but a couple of weeks ago, I had a story featured on EqD, which hasn't yet been added to this group. It wasn't scouted (guessing that means EqD staff handpick the fic in question and it skips the review/pre-reading/polish-if-applicable process?) , so it's eligible for inclusion here.

EThe Endeavor Within
It's never easy to help somepony who doesn’t see it as help. Yet Phyllis was determined to try for Sunny's sake, before the young mare's endeavor for an impossible change consumed her.
Ghost Mike · 7.6k words  ·  60  2 · 1.1k views

As there isn't a Drama folder, Slice of Life might be the best genre for it, though Normal could be just as good a fit, given the story's balance between Drama and Slice of Life. Whatever works.

Thanks in advance!

I PM'd TheMaskedFerret (the only admin still active) when one of my stories was posted a few weeks ago and they added it to the group pretty quickly.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17