The Cadanceverse 268 members · 12 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

Now that Busting Boasts is completed, the verse is officially open for people to begin writing and submitting their own stories. Feel free to start writing!

At this point, all I'll ask is that story ideas be posted first in Brainstorming, just to make sure we don't wind up with anything too far out from the verse. (Such stories can still be written as noncanon, but I'd hate to tell someone 'this must be noncanon' only after they posted the story, so posting things in brainstorming first will make things a lot easier). The ideas can be discussed, anything problematic can be reworked, and then hopefully we can get a lot of cool canon stories!

Do you want to set a series bible or at least some sort of guide lines as to what you want don't want in the Cadenceverse.

For example both the stories so far have songs in them, do you want all the stories to likewise be musical, most of them, or just if you feel like it.

Currently the stories are fairly bright and happy about the same level as the M-verse. Is this how all the stories should be?

That said, I'm quite interested in writing my Running the leaves and Fluttershy/Rarity story from Brainstorming. However, I'm currently writing two stories a month and I could well be busy until about the end of the year. If I have time I might try to fit Cadenceverse stories in but I don't think I would be writing in the short term.

Just wondering about something. At what point should we consider the story to be canon-compatible and be made ready?

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

1211139: I'd say they are two ways:

1. Plot it out on the boards. I (with the group) can then verify that it'll fit in canon and such.
2. Write it out and put it up. I'll read it over, and if it fits in canon I'll say so.

I see you just posted a story, so I'll look at that now. If there are any issues that would make it not part of canon, I'll let you know.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4