The Mailbox (and related stories) 207 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 614 )
  • Viewing 451 - 500 of 614

Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!

Well, someone had to.

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1595332 It's true. It needed to be done. And you forgot your bracket.

bats
Group Admin

So a brief conversation on the Appledashlight forums regarding how long it takes to properly portray a poly triad in fiction caused a compulsive need in me Twilight me to count up the words of all the letters and side stories and whatnot between AJ, Twi, and Dash to tell their triad story thus far.

38,755 words of correspondence
22,790 words of side stories

61,545 words for the Appledashlight so far. :rainbowderp:

...Then after that, that pesky Twilight me had to go count up the words for all the letters:

86,122 words of correspondence
22,790 words of side stories

108,912 words total.

So I did some counting. The numbers below represent the number of letters sent and received to every particular character.
Guess who is most active writer sociable pony?

Rainbow Dash - 74
Applejack - 71
Twilight Sparkle - 65
Rarity - 46
Fluttershy - 37
Pinkie Pie - 35

Let's pick the top two as winners, because AppleDash because why not!

This was really pointless, I'm sorry.

On a serious note, the love triangle you got going on is awesome. So much fluff and awesomeness and adorableness and you guys are all amazing. Anyway, I've got correspondence to catch up on.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

1640808 I'd like to point out... Rarity missed out on a solid month.

Yeah, I'm aware. Real life has that tendency to never cooperate. :applejackunsure:
Quoting myself:

This was really pointless, I'm sorry.

Seriously though, you're all amazing for doing this. It's easily my favourite poni-words collab of all time.

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1646171 :pinkiesad2: Pinkie Pie: Most hated of ponies...

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

It's not that at all. Pinkie is a very interesting character here. You're writing up a short story with every letter, and that's wonderful. But she's a pony that is better reacted to than to write expecting her to react to somepony else.

It's not bad, it's just... the way you've written her Rarity would be unlikely to bring up something that is bothering her directly. Rarity is too busy worrying that Pinkie is being drugged or having a heart-attack to write Pinkie and say "I need 500 cc's of smile, stat!"

It would be different if Rarity and Pinkie were in the same room, my Rarity would really enjoy listening to this Pinkie babble on over cupcakes.

She could really use that boost right now

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1647452 Oh, I'm just joking around. I don't really feel like anyone dislike my Pinkie letters all that much. I've had some feedback that she falls out of character from time to time, but I think that's probably a function of how we each have different latitudes for what is in and out of character. I don't think she veers to wildly from the show.

Since the shipping is largely covered here, I decided it was Pinkie's role to offer up just general silliness if people needed somewhere to go to get away from heavy emotional turmoil. That just naturally nets fewer letters, since there isn't this really strong need to get back to her about her adventures with river otters. And don't worry, now that Pinkie knows there's an issue, she's definitely going to find out what's wrong and see what she can do to help... in her own way.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

1640808>>1647227 btw, with our latest exchange, Pinkie is now tied with Fluttershy.

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1648221 It's a come-from-behind victory! A WINNER IS ME!

I feel so bad for Rarity right now.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

No need, nothing ever happened after all.

I swear, when Fluttershy comes back, she'll have been on a huge adventure and saved countless lives, then wonder what the hell happened to the other five in her absence~ :rainbowderp:

You should make a royal decree and tell everypony that from this day forth, the day is to be known as Twilight-Sparkle’s-No-Snarkle-Up-Past Darkle-Having-A-Larkle-In-The-Parkle Super Summer Holiday Day where everything has to be all shiny and sparkletastic!

Have I mentioned how much I love your Pinkie lately? :pinkiehappy:

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1681716 I'm glad you are entertained! It's my pleasure to write her. I should really make another Pinkie fic sometime soon...

How does Dash make the letters to Applejack and Twilight arrive at pretty much the same time even though they're nowhere near eachother anymore?:rainbowhuh:

Derpy is very good at her job. :derpytongue2:

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

1695050 Oh, Rarity is going to have fun when she gets home. Dancing and drinking. Dating is stupid No more of that. She is done.

Two drinks later:

Pinkie, I luv u.

Silly Rarity, I luv u tu.

Truly, darling?

Of course, I luv ALL my friends!

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

I know some shades that go lovely with pink. Just offhoof I'd suggest some royal purple or eggshell white.

I wonder how you might feel about weekly spa treatments? I’m considering changing the day I go in and I find it more enjoyable to have a close friend to chat with.

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my heart being wrung. :applecry:

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

1718446 I swear, Pinkie is trying to make Rarity faint.

This is basically what Rarity has taken away from Pinkie's letters.

Dear Rarity

Over the summer I had bunches of unknown drugs, a lot of hallucinations, and I was nearly date raped! Oh, and just for fun, I almost self induced myself into cardiac arrest.

Hope you had fun too!

With laughter (and the ability to see music)

Pinkie Pie

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1759976 I think most of Pinkie's life probably seems like hallucinations to all the other ponies. She's the one who decided to break into song and dance in a haunted forrest, decided to one-pony-band away the parasprites, and managed to summon a whole bunch of clones of herself! And that's with the restraining powers of ponies that tell her that she might want to cool it sometimes. Left to her own devices, she's a whirlwind of improbable encounters!

Calling it now, Fluttershy either eloped with a moose or got eaten by some creature of the northern woods.

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1794497 Eloped with the moose! Guys, it was so obvious! Why didn't I see it?! :pinkiegasp:

1796952>>1796952
Eloped with the moose who then turned carnivorous and ate her! :fluttershbad:

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1798224 I thought it was a chocolate moose. Are you sure she didn't eat him?

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

1794497 I think she's hiding under the couch.

xjuggernaughtx
Group Admin

1802234 Yeah. Hiding under a couch, growling and snarling, and gnawing on a chocolate moose leg. If you bend down to take a look, all you can see is the tip of a chocolate hoof and her shining, half-rabid eyes glowing in the darkness.

Auugh. :raritydespair: That is all.

bookplayer
Group Admin

Okay, folks, I think that's my last letter for this section of The Mailbox. I know that xjuggernaughtx and Steel Resolve have a send off planned for Rarity and Pinkie.

I know there are some closing scenes written as stories coming up of various homecomings, and there are a few spin-off projects in the works, including the continuing of the AppleDashLight, and a possible sequel featuring the CMC (with some likely toy-shipping.)

So, I hope that as things wrap up, everyone will keep an eye out for the new projects. And I hope I've done my part to give folks a good story so far!

Wouldn't it be better if the letter towards Rainbow Dash mentioned her influence instead of Twilight's? She does adress the Twilight as 'you' in the letter to Dash.

bookplayer
Group Admin

She wasn't talking about anyone's specific influence. She was talking about times when her life changed.

And she addresses her as you, in the same sentence specifying Twilight. The way one does when addressing one person in a group where they can't see who they're talking to.

The first couple weeks, the letters were coming out so fast that it was difficult to keep up, but I am very glad I set aside a couple days to get up to speed (even if it was tricky to read them all in some semblance of order). I think this collab turned out to be an absolutely fantastic idea, and certainly produced a compelling 'verse. Kudos to you and everyone else.

(Also, totally waiting impatiently for that Rarity/Pinkie side story.)

And Applejack's letters come to a close. This was so utterly adorable to see her and the two others just happen. Squee.

bats
Group Admin

Whew, finished off Twi's letters. This whole thing was a great time.

:rainbowkiss::ajsmug::twilightsmile:

• Viewing 451 - 500 of 614