Sunset Shimmer 4,952 members · 6,846 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Cryosite
Group Admin

If you have a question, idea, or thoughts on some aspect of Sunset Shimmer, post here. If you like her hair, clothing, overall design, and just feel like sharing your enjoyment of Sunset Shimmer, post here. If you have some theories about her past, her future, or what she is doing now, post here. If you want to talk about her personality, likes and dislikes, goals, and so on, you guessed it. Post here.

This thread is intended to cut down on forum "clutter."

She's one of the best characters in Eqg.

This thread is intended to cut down on forum "clutter."

This is a good idea but I fear it won't stick for more than a few days. I think we tried this before but it didn't work for more than maybe 4 days.

Well, I wrote all this for that other thread on Sunset Shimmer's romantic options before it got deleted, might as well post it here so it doesn't go to waste. Glad I noticed and was able to copy-paste.

Yknow, for as versatile of a character as Sunset is, she's very rarely paired with anyone that isn't Twilight, Adagio, Sonata, and sometimes Trixie. Whether in art or fiction. So why not postulate on potential pairings of her with the rest of the humane 5?

Sunset X Rainbow Dash: Both of them have a highly competitive nature, and as two lead guitarists (Both literally and metaphorically,) they could build a solid dynamic as long as they can keep the competition friendly. A similar dynamic to AppleDash, but Sunset lacks Applejack's sensibility and level-headedness, so things could get heated easily. Sunset is also a lot smarter than Rainbow Dash, but she doesn't wear it on her sleeve like Twilight does. If Sunset can best Rainbow Dash with both brains and brawn, it would likely lead to some big insecurities.

Sunset X Fluttershy: Tricky. Out of everyone, Fluttershy was probably hurt the most directly by Bitch!Sunset. Sunset knows this, so even if they're good friends, anything more intimate would likely result in both parties constantly walking on eggshells. If they can make it past this, Sunset is kind and considerate enough to respect Fluttershy's boundaries yet occasionally push her to step outside of them. Fluttershy is otherwise passive, but happy to offer emotional support and understanding whenever its needed.

Sunset X Applejack: Applejack brings something to a relationship that Sunset sorely lacks* - Stability and family. Getting close to the Apple family would likely be just as awkward as Sunset to deal with as anything to do with Applejack herself. They're otherwise both the most reasonable of the group, but when it comes to work ethic I feel as if Sunset is only all that interested in hard work if it's something that directly benefits her or her friends.*

Sunset x Rarity: Both of them are rather ambitious, and they could respect that in each other. Sunset might not care about fashion specifically, but she knows a lot about charisma and how important presentation can bee when dealing with social problems. She's likewise patient enough to deal with Rarity's dramatics. Sunset doesn't really strike me as the passionate type who's going to sweep Rarity off her feet though, so Rarity would have to be willing to accept something a little more low-key.

Sunset X Pinkie Pie: Uh... I got nothing.

*Headcanon alert.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5