Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 875 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hey y'all !
I've lurked on the site for a while now but I'm finally cracking and planning to write.
I have a couple ideas but figured that first getting some practice for rusted writing muscles would be good and what better to start with then some crack ?

Favorite story beats are definitely character studies/slice of life, romance, sad, hurt/comfort, angst.
Mane 6, princess or Discord ships would be awesome but I'm curious who y'all think deserves some more attention irregardless.

That's awesome that you're getting into writing for the site!! It's always fun to see lurkers turn into authors :twilightsmile:

My personal eternal fave underrepresented ship would have to be Twilight/Vinyl, but I've been thinking on a few others lately that also have some marvelous potential:

• Ditzy Doo x Thunderlane - these two lived in the same place at the same time for most of their lives, growing up in Cloudsdale and eventually moving to Ponyville. Childhood friends angle is one of my faves. Plus they're both loveable dopes and I think they'd be totally cute together
  • Shining Armor x Braeburn - idk why but. Knight x Cowboy just feels so fun. A teenage fling angle could be really good
  • Starlight x Applejack - I just feel like their styles of humor would play off each other very well, and I can see them both be old-fashioned romantics on top of it
  • Luna x Cheerliee - Cheerilee is just so totally normal and chill. She's not the type to get rattled or thrown off easily, and she's just a very average Ponyvillian. The idea of Luna being head-over-hooves for someone so utterly average is really sweet, especially if you work to expand on Cheerilee's character

Whatever you end up writing, I hope you have fun! I'm excited to see what you come up with - I'm always ready to get addicted to a new crackship :raritywink:

Why not something sundance there are only two stories on the site and you can do something interesting with the two of them.

Honestly a weird ship I've been curious to see and find interesting is Discord and Applejack.
When the chaotic force of chaos meets the unmoving stubbornness of a traditional farmer.

It's akin to the opposite attract trope kinda deal but in a weird dynamic that has potential to work if done right

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4