The Jazzy Fillyfoolers 245 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Mariacheat-Brony
Group Contributor

I have this idea of a fanfiction in mind for a couple of days.

Humanized or not (that I'm still not sure... but most likely humanized, can't imagine story of my own without humanized characters it seems....)
Centered on My favorite pony ever.... VINYL SCRATCH

Summary:
Vincenza Scratch, AkA Vinyl for her friends, AKA DJ-PON3 on stage, 22 years old. The DJ found herself in one of the low periods of her young carreer, probably the lowest and longest she ever experienced so far; writer block, out of ideas for a new genre of music as her 'classic' electronica seems to go out of the crowd fashion, less and less attendance to her gigs, etc.

Starting to run low on money, She takes contact with one of her parents's friend in the capital, Vito Philharmonica; Member of the board of one of the most prestigious private high school. Vito offers her a place to stay and a job to help her to get back on track : A music teacher and class teacher of a senior high school class, which includes Vito's own daughter.

How's Vinyl going to teach to a bunch of teenagers when she's barely older than them ( and probably not much more mature as well). And when much of the other teachers and students looked down at her for being a 'rude and crass' DJ? One answer, Becoming the GTVS: THE GREAT TEACHER VINYL SCRATCH! (Yes inspired by GTO, one of the coolest manga ever)

What do you think of that? Think it might be good?

psp7master
Group Contributor

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeet filly!

I can see merits to the idea, but I think there may be a few things you want to keep in mind.
The whole "high school ass a setting" thing needs to be done kind of carefully in order to avoid some of the common pitfalls associated wit it, most notably, the cast of stock characters. (the jock, the geeky guy, the stoner/hippie/surfer dude, the hipster, the beauty queen, I could go on, but I don't think it's necessary.)
That's the only real potential issue that I can see at the moment, but it's kind of a biggie.
If every character fits into an exact mold, or is a complete stereotype, then the story is more likely to end up sounding very similar to other stories that the audience has read with that cast of characters.
In short, make sure your characters have interest and depth to them.
I couldn't make any other judgments about the idea without first seeing how you handle it, so i'm looking forward to your first chapter. :twilightsmile:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Contributor

Very true, that's a big issue with the high school fics:ajsleepy:

Luckily I don't plan on having those stereotypic characters in my fic.. with the exception of the prankster type :pinkiehappy:...
I've planned on putting Vinyl in charge of a musically oriented group (senior year in music studies) and explore the interactions between our young DJ/Teacher and her students. (and of course Octavia. because OctaScratch rules :rainbowwild:) and maybe a conflict between Vinyl and the vice Principal (can't have a GTO inspired story without conflict with the vice-principal :pinkiehappy:)

Anyway thanks for that particular advice.:twilightsmile:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Contributor

At least someone supports the idea without any question:derpytongue2::pinkiehappy:
( Ah ain't a filly :rainbowderp:... at least I think I'm not one....)

If you ever feel like it, read GTO, it's very funny and nice :pinkiesmile:

I've got that covered for the part about her competences. but thanks for letting me know about that detail :raritywink:

Terrasora
Group Contributor

Sounds fun! And fun is fun. :pinkiehappy:
So, I must concur with Josh on this rather happy predicament regarding this potentially wonderful story and recapitulate: DO EEEEEEEET, FILLY!

GTO with ponies...

I would read the sheet out of that.

reader of the night
Group Admin

That is a very intresting idea, and i like it.
I would love to see such a story, just give me a headup when its out. :rainbowwild:

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Contributor

I'm nearly done with chapter one as a matter of fact:twilightsmile:.
Just got to finish it, reread it and submit it... (probably by tomorrow morning: belgium time)

Mariacheat-Brony
Group Contributor

Is that ok if it's humanized ponies? :pinkiesad2:

reader of the night
Group Admin

Ohh your from Belgium?
Intresting, seems that i am your neighbour from the north.
I'm curious towards the first chapter, lets see how this is going to roll out.

1002145 I suppose, though it's not my cup of tea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13