Ranger HQ 41 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
VariusMayhem
Group Admin

What do you folks think would be great enrollment criteria for human applicants who wish to serve as Harmony Rangers on Equis? If you give examples, give reason why you think this is important.

Here are some ideas i came up with so far:

-complete medical examination papers
-school certificates
-applicability check

Age should aim for someone of mature and adult age, you need to have the mental maturity to make your own decisions, yet only people to a certain age. older people hesitate since they have a life to give up on Earth. Younger people are more flexible in this I think.

Complete medical examination for we want to bring in work force, not STDs or other sicknesses that could be infectious to ponies.

School certificates would be of help since you have to posess a high degree of intuition, intelligence and an open mind in terms of nature to be of help in a land full of new things.

Applicability check for the very reason you want to cross over into another dimension.
This is to separate the wheat from the chaff. Once crossed, you are a pioneer and if you don't fit in and earn yourself a living, we have to open a portal once more and send you back home to Earth. :twilightangry2:
May it be as an engineer for metallurgic engineering, an IT expert for terran tech equipment or someone with the hang for science and formulas. Also, if you come from a military branch, you should prepare yourself for a mind meld to ensure your intentions.

I very much like what you have given us, Varius, it suits quite well with what would be needed. Would a psych eval be included with the medical papers? Also, I think an IQ test would be a good idea to add on. Also, the age limit could flux depending on other factors. I mean, if you have a sixteen year-old who's in college and mentally equivalent to an adult, I think he/she could go in. (Yes, I'm talking about le me!)

VariusMayhem
Group Admin

I think pdyche evaluation and IQ test are included in the Applicability check. A series of questions are asked to determine your behavior in stressful situations like being on a completely different world. As for 16 year old applicants... Come back in five years, son. Plenty of time to think of a way to make yourself an enrichment to the team. Think of it this way. You have to earn a living on the other side and are exposed to the normal equestrian life.

What for example should a mare think of herself if she finds out that the one she was having a hot night with, is a minor? If you're an adult, you can give consent by law... to any situation that might occur. And YOU only want to go to Equestria to become Princess Luna's valet. :rainbowwild:

2433219 You better believe it! Luna will love me! I may be a kid, but I know that I could make her happy!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4