The Great and Not Obsessive Trixie 1,641 members · 2,050 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

It seems to me 'Polaris' would have been a pretty good name for our favorite blue mare. 3 reasons

1. Polaris is famous for being the north star or guiding star which made it essentially used as a reference point for travellers. For Trixie, who would travel a lot, it seems only fitting.

2. It keeps with the astronomy-themed naming of all of Twilight's counterparts

3. Polaris is also a star in the Ursa Minor constellation

Well, at the very least, I think I may use it as either an alias or for stallion Trixie if I ever write that again.

Actually Trixie is only half her name it's said in comics and on the toys her full name is Trixie Lulumoon. She is also not a actual foil to twilight.

Foils are
Sunset Shimmer who was the student before twilight but went power hungry to mirror Twilight's humility
Starlight Glimmer was mirror by how they handled separation and power.
Moondancer was what Twilight could have been.

The only commonality Trixie and Twilight share is do to copyright they had to have officially last names that are never used. Twilight Sparkle and her most her Twilight Velvet are based on the unicorn Twilight from G1 MLP but cause of a shitty vampire and werewolf book the name Twilight hard to be extended. Trixie is the same only her copyright conflict came from Trixie Tang in Fairy Odd Parents on Nickelodeon. Beyond that comics show the two had some classes together in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. So may the original intent was to have them be rivals but that never really happened.

I get this is old but...

Trixie is the same only her copyright conflict came from Trixie Tang in Fairy Odd Parents on Nickelodeon.

What!?

That can’t be true

Okay, granted, those are some good points. Now for my counter argument.

1. Trixie kinda plays off the word, 'trickster,' which would be befitting given that she's a magician, as well as making claims that she never succeeded in.
  2. The name, 'Trixie,' means, 'bringer of joy.' Even if it was a nickname for 'Beatrix', the meaning of the word is, 'traveler.' She's an entertainer that travels Equestria, I think that pretty much says it all.
  3. Polaris, to me, sounds like it would be a guy's name. A 'rule 63' flip on this character would solve this little issue, but I think that would kinda deteriorate Twilight's challenge somehow. I can't really explain it, but it appears that the team behind her development would probably agree, because Trixie was originally suppose to be male.

yeah they had to give her a second name

For copyright reasons? Lulamoon is kinda cool and cute and all but copyright reasons is kinda silly... Trixie’s just a cute, magical sounding name

And Toy Story 3 came in the same year G4 came out and there was a character named Trixie there and she wasn’t given a second name for copyright reasons
:rainbowhuh:

the fact it cant be copy righted alone as a name as Trixie is a actually a word

I know :rainbowlaugh:

Try telling my autocorrect that through

old English word "trey's a trixie one they is" kind of thing for usage

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10