The Wolfpack 521 members · 192 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

For the past few months, I have been reading up on wolves (real wolves). Being the group of wolves, I thought it would be a good idea to post this thread. I as you wolves out there how much do you know about theses predictors. And if you have questions, I am happy to oblige where I can.

Long live the Wolfpack

1846187Really? I heard that some were considered gods, some were considered the first pets, and some other stuff...care to enlighten me on wolves?

1846187 typically live in northern regions, carnivores, travel in packs unless one is injured or shunned, have a few different howls to signify different emotions, breed in late winter and early spring, top speed of like 30 mph, aren't outright aggressive but will attack if in territory or hungry, first domesticate (non livestock) animal ever. just a few things, I could go on and on. I'm actually studying wolf behavior in the wild for my degree. the aspect of speed is also highly debatable, I'm just using what I've recorded.

Well, I can't be positive which early societies considered wolves gods, there were cultures intertwined with the presents of wolves. For instance, Cherokee Indians believed if you killed a wolf, it's brother would exact revenge. Also, In early history, wolves were hunted for their organs as medical use. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask again.

Most impressive, I would love to be in your shews right now. Well, I hope all goes well in your studies.

1848879 thank you, but sitting in the cold while watching wolves from a mile away can be rather boring

1851930 We'll, you're talking to a guy who spent his summer in a library for hours on end.

1852333 at least you had heat or some form of air conditioning. damn professor drags me and five others to the middle of the fucking Canadian Tundra to watch wolves through binoculars in 10 degree weather for seven hour shifts at a time. I would have given my left nut to have had some form of warmth other than the pansy fire he built.

I have enough info on interactions with wolfs considering my secret crush is on and I am a part of the pack at my school, (1:3 feline to lupine ration):derpytongue2:

For me I imagine two versions of wolf species living in mlp universe. Before crystal empire and yaks were introduced I imagine that a wolf species existed on northern part of equestrian in similar fasion to Canada and Alaska. Though it gets cold in country they are in it is beautiful and is teaming with life. The wolves have developed their own style of magic with society being heavily influenced by Norse mythology and rune/runic magic is the main focus of their magical abilities. Unlike some wolf races I seen here in fimficion the wolves, or wulven as I called them are not a waring race and looking fight anyone. Though they do have a warrior society and have a caste system they are a peaceful species unless provoked though their been few skirmishes between ponies and wulven in past but nothing serious. Currently ruler of the wulven is a wulven queen I call astrid and she is around 400 years old, she got to be immortal like celestia and luna from a fruit that hanged from a mystical tree, the world tree, that granted her immortality and power. Again immortal but not god like immortal, just for some of you thinking she might be op, she also happens to be married to a changeling queen, the daughter of queen chrysalis who she became smitten with as she view the queen and her race beautiful unlike others who see them ^^

Another idea is that wolves come from another continent that has heavy Asian fantasy theme, wolves live on continent with many others and in past often warred with other species and factions for territory, wealth, and power. That eventually changed when someone brought the species together under one banner with peace and harmony brought to the land. Its not perfect as much like equestrian their are some nut cases out their wanting to dominate or destroy the land with select champions often to defend it. Wolves are the most common of the species in this land with them nearly everywhere. Im still developing their culture as never really did much with them, but many are often warriors and brilliant strategist.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10