Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Arcanist Ascendant
Group Admin

I had an idea just now. Some way that we could have harsh criticism without suffering the same fate as the TWE. Mercenary work, editors for hire. We- that is, one of the admins- would send a private message to the author of a badfic, but a fic that the author has not previously stated that he does not want any suggestions for improvement. We would politely ask that author if they would mind us ruthlessly plugging their fic, correcting mistakes and offering suggestions for future improvement. Should they decline, it ends there- but if not, in the sure-to-be rare occasion that they accept, we would respond telling them that we were currently working on it, collaborate on a series of edits then post a blog on one of our profiles or as a thread here, showing the changes. Then we would link the author to the blog, wishing them best wishes for their future fanfiction career. What do you lot think of that?

The Questioner
Group Admin

Like the new name change, btw.
I'll support and condone this; it seems far superior to my other group (SCI)'s policy of indiscriminately ravaging badfics/sciencey badfics in terms of survivability... but heck, I reserve the right to occasionally go all "loose cannon" on them. A clarification, then. How about it isn't ALL we do, just another thing. (and we need more members for that to be feasible. Got any ideas besides spamming our friends/followers/etc.?)

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Admin

Of course we will mercilessly plug badfics. As long as it isn't organized, it seems to be fine, according to the somewhat-hypocritical judgement of the Flowers that Be. But keep it down when the author expresses displeasure. As for ideas... well. I may or may not have finally earned the watch I was awarded a while ago by the astounding MisterMoniker, who has expressed his interest in the group and my story. He has also agreed to edit for me along with Pon Katt and yourself. He may bring in new followers.
*Thanks for the support! I much prefer this name, too!

The Questioner
Group Admin

Damn you, Arcanist. You're getting watches from all these amazing people. Lol. Now I really need to get crack-a-lackin' on my Starswirl the Bearded tragic sci-fi fic.

I'll see what I can do to bring in new followers, but I can't really promise much.
My schedule actually just opens up tomorrow, as I have a debate tournament then. So yeah, now I'm much freer without all that research... So I could get a good start on an editing project... just preferably not something where the author doesn't have any grasp of the English language.

Anyways, I'll see what I can do organizationally, as we might make a sort of signup thread, in a sense, for "contributor-ship" and editing "license"--the sanction to advertise and criticize in equal parts under our name. Do you think that sounds too... pretentious? Then again, we ARE the "conceited reviewers."

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Admin

"Damn you, Arcanist. You're getting watches from all these amazing people."
That's not as good as a watch from Sabre himself, a twice EqD-featured author. I preread for him until his writing speed was just too much to keep up with. I haven't corresponded with him recently, but I'm sure he'd at least take a read of my story, and reasonably confident that he'd like it.
And no, that doesn't sound too pretentious, but I like the idea of any author that has been plugged by our group gaining Contributor status, should they choose to join.

The Questioner
Group Admin

I've actually never heard of Sabre. Ah well. Time to retreat into obscurity once more, until I break out suddenly. Mwahaha.
(That wasn't what I was originally suggesting about the contributors, but I'm fine with that)

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Admin

Yeah. Sorry. I didn't read your suggestions for contributors.:rainbowlaugh:
Sorry. something about those words you used rendered my mind unable to cogitate when attempting to read them. I don't know what happened.

The Questioner
Group Admin

Ooh! I see an apology train! Time to call in the orbital railgun emplacements!

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Admin

Lolwut?
You are wacky.

The Questioner
Group Admin

Did you think I didn't know that? I embrace my insanity!:pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10