The Sports Bar 48 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Garbo
Group Admin

Okay, I have an idea for a collab, if anyone's interested. It's pretty simple: Everypony is watching the superbowl in the library, just like in the picture on our front page. Everyone picks a few characters and have them watching the game. You're allowed to have any subplot you want (shipping, for example). There are just a few rules for this.

1.) Under 3000 words. This should just be a single scene, inside the library.
2.) Clop, gore, and physical violence are NOT allowed
3.) Implied Sex and Profanity are allowed
4.) Complete all stories by February 1st. Stories are due February 10th. I want to give everyone a week to write this after the game, so you can have details from the matchup (thanks for the idea, Bobdat).
5.) You get 2 to 3 characters (you're allowed to have other characters speak every once in a while, but the story must focus on your principal characters.)
6.) When the game is being played, it must be between the two superbowl finalist teams with the same names (don't ponify them). ALSO, IT IS PONIES PLAYING THE GAME, NOT HUMANS (references to humans are allowed though. But keep them subtle)

The story will be posted on my account a few days after the due date (probably the 12th). Anyone interested, comment here. I'm not going to open this up for character claims yet, so DON'T CLAIM YOUR CHARACTERS. There will be a thread for that later on.

Lucky Seven
Group Contributor

620010 I'd say 3. One for one team, one for the other, and one who is fine with whoever wins.

Garbo
Group Admin

That makes sense, although I don't want to force people to do 3 if they only want 2. I could say 2-3.

Lucky Seven
Group Contributor

620211 I might do that. Hope I can secure Twilight and Rarity when he asks for the characters we want

I want to, but I would never finish it.
So . . . oh well.

Garbo
Group Admin

That's what I want to do also. But be forewarned, I might set a limit on how many main cast characters (Mane 6 + Spike) you can use. What I can tell you right now is that you will not be able to pick three main characters. Two maximum. Although other main characters like the CMCs and the Princesses will be unrestricted and fair game.
But I'm going to finalize that. 2-3 three characters.

Hmmm, seems interesting. I take it that the availabe character list will be the ones in the pic?

Kinda intresed as it would be my first pony related peace of work, just be real sacred as I've never written fan fiction before.
Also I'd say three at most. just anuff for a good seen.

If it is done in gdocs, would one of you fine fellows mind explaining to me how that works? I've never used it before.

Garbo
Group Admin

No. It's based off of that, but the characters you can use will be different. I'll have to decide how many are avoilable (although all of them will be available, there will be more than just them)
Don't, those are the two I'm picking, and I'm going to get to pick first because I'll be posting the list then claiming right after. Sorry, bro.
It's pretty straightforward. I doubt I'll do it over GDocs, though. It's a lot easier to do it here.

So want to do this. Will submissions be post-Superbowl so we can include details from the game?

Garbo
Group Admin

Huh. Now that I think about it, that's a good idea. That would also give us the oppertunity to know who the teams are ahead of time.
Okay, date moved back.

Garbo
Group Admin

Hope you do it. Collabs are fun!

623635 This may be a stupid question, but since the teams will be ponies, do we refer to the game as "hoofball" or "football" in-story?

Garbo
Group Admin

Good question. I'd say hoofball, but I'm going to be looking all of these stories over for things like that anyway. But for anyone seeing this: HOOFBALL.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18