Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Listen up recruits! On a mission from Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle and her assistant Spike took four royal guards and two knights into the castle ruins at the center of the Everfree Forest to see if they could find any forgotten artifacts or records. At the castle they were ambushed by a large number of timber wolves and Miss Sparkle was severley injured. The guards and knights were able to get Miss Sparkle into the castle and barricade themselves inside.
After securing themselves they took a peek outside, only to discover that the number of wolves had grown significantly and they had been joined by a manticore. Using her assistant's magical fire, Miss Sparkle was able to get a message to Celestia explaining the situation.
You and your unit consisting of fourty earth ponies, twenty unicorns, and ten pegasi have been tasked with retrieving Miss Sparkle and carrying her safely away from the battle ground.

Here's the situation so far. You and your unit have just crossed the chasm on the path to the castle. The path is one lane wide and it twists and turns on it's way up to the ruins. You are still at the start of the path and the area on either side of the path is filled with trees and shrubbery so you have not been spotted by the enemy yet.
Two of your pegasi were sent to scout ahead. One snuck by the enemy and into the castle to report your plans to Twilight Sparkle and the other returned to report the enemy numbers, leaving you with nine pegasi with you. It has been determined that while one or two pegasi might be able to sneak in to the castle it is not possible to sneak out Twilight's soldiers or Twilight in her currently injured state.
The timber wolves have the ruins surrounded and the manticore resides at the front gate.

Player: UEE
Unicorns: 24 (including 2 of Twilight's guards and her 2 knights)
Earth Ponies: 40
Pegasi: 12 (including 2 of Twilight's guard and the one sent to report to her)
Heroes: Twilight Sparkle (incapacitated), You (self-insert or OC)

Enemy: Legions of Chaos
Timber Wolves: 200
Manticores: 1
Heroes: N/A

Objectives:
Rescue Twilight Sparkle and get her back across the chasm
Optional: Destroy all enemy units

Alright then, time to kick some Legion plot!

Introducing my supremely powerful and totally overpowered OC, Iron Galley!

Well, whatever... Anyways, I will divide my earth ponies in two groups of twenty. Each group has ten unicorns with them. (Not including Twilight's guards for obvious reasons.)

The soldiers are to line up at the back of the ruins, clear of the manticore and not in sight of the wolves.

The plan is as follows.

All pegasi under my control are to dart out of the woods and launch a surprise assault on the manticore, do NOT engage the wolves, merely distract the behemoth and draw it away from the front gate. Lure as many timberwolves away from the ruins as possible.

While the party has begun, my earth ponies are to do the following:

Group A will charge in a wedge formation against the defending wolves, while group B, lead by captain Iron Galley, charges past the already engaged wolves and breaks into the castle ruins. The captain then leads Twilight and Co. to safety.

All other units are to disengage and fall back in an orderly manner back to the chasm, were a bridge will have been made for them to cross. As soon as they're through the bridge will be destroyed and the Legion stranded.

Mission result: OCTAVIA

or not... What are your thoughts comrade?

513631My personal analysis....... You sent all your pegasi at the manticore. Even if they were only sent to distract, that those things are fast so you're gunna lose a few.

Group A will charge in a wedge formation against the defending wolves

You just sent 30 ponies into direct combat with 200 wolves........

Mission Results: :pinkiecrazy: with a helping of :pinkiehappy: and a large side of :pinkiesad2:

Oh well, can't win em all!

At least we got Sparkle to safety. Hopefully, the guilt of getting so many killed because of a silly exploration will make her a bit smarter in the future

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Firstly:

it is not possible to sneak out Twilight's soldiers or Twilight in her currently injured state.

Darn. Someone was thinking ahead. :twilightsmile:

1 manticore.
200 timberwolves

20 Unicorns
40 Earth ponies
10 Pegasi
And 'You'; Captain Stardust

Oh, that doesn't look good for the Everfree creatures.

Obviously, the solution for this is to

KILL THEM WITH FIRE!

That's what unicorns are going to do. It should clear out most of the timberwolves. Earth ponies stay up front in our formation to finish off the ones that haven't been burned to death. Most of the ones that reach our lines should be injured by the flames.

The ten pegasi and I will ambush the manticore. Easy picking.

:fluttercry: I have been outmatched! Oh well... Also, as far as I knew unicorns did not shoot fire :rainbowhuh: I always thought they shot bolts of magic or something... :derpytongue2: Oh well...

That unicorn magic guide thing you guys mentioned earlier would have come in handy

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

*Shrugs* (I'm not on Firefox right now) I was just making a logical assumption.

Making a thread right now, and been meaning to for the past few days.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9