Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Pride and honor.

Good day soldier! Nice time to die, aye? We here at the GHE HQ think so too! Well, on to your objective then...

As you may be well aware by now, one of our lord's sons has quite the temperament, and he has the bravado to match it as well. It would seem that on an early visit to our Equestrian neighbors he felt insulted by one certain pony...

Well, his disputes are none of our business! All you need to know is that he's mad and he wants them ponies to know it!

You will be given twenty five sword and buckler men along with twenty pikemen and ten imperial riflemen. Take the lads out on a stroll to the closest Equestrian border outpost and show those equines a lesson.

The terrain is rugged, plenty of hills surround the outpost and the ground is covered in rocks. The enemy is holed up in a small encampment surrounded by a wooden palisade and a single trench around it.

The garrison consists of five pegasi, thirty earth ponies, and fifteen unicorns. Intel believes the pegasi to be of the royal guard, so watch the skies.

Remember! This is a simple demonstration! You are to go in, kill at least half the garrison, and come back with most of the army, otherwise the prince will be humiliated and you'll be hanged, got it? No real need to take or destroy the outpost, just deliver the message.

Good luck soldier! Remember, you pull this off and there will be a hefty sum waiting for you! What's that? You want your money now? Ha! Only Commonwealth soldiers ask for payment before battle! Out of my sight!

Couldn't resist making it letter styled, sorry. :fluttercry:

Player: Greater Human Empire

Objective: destroy half the enemy army without losing more than a third of your men.

Imperial riflemen: 10

Sword and buckler men: 25

Pikemen: 20

Enemy: United Equestrian Empire

Earth ponies: 30

Pegasi: 5 royal guards

Unicorns: 15

Terrain: rugged, rocky, and surrounded by hills. Enemy is encamped inside a wooden palisade surrounded by a circular trench.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

497771 Making it letter styled is perfectly acceptable, as long as you make three things clear:
The terrain of the battlefield
The number of troops involved
Any unique or man/pony-made defenses or obstacles.

What you've got here is fine, but I suggest that, underneath what you've allready written, you put the scenario in more simple terms, using the template that's been set out in the previous scenarios.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

497993 Ok, do all your scenarios like this in the future, and you're golden.

First I would split my riflemen into two groups of five and pair each group with a group of five sword and bucklers for defense should the enemy get close to them. These paired groups would then be positioned in the hills to either side of the camp where they could fire down on the camp from the hills. My riflemen may not be sharpshooters but that doesn't mean they aren't decent shots so I order them to give the royal gaurd priority with their first few volleys of shots. Attempt to take them out because their the enemy's most efective unit. If they succeed in taking them out or if it cannot be done within the first few volleys they sre to shift focus to the unicorns and try to lower their numbers. My remaining sword and bucklers would pretend to go with a direct assault to the front entrance. Once they had been "pushed back" by the enemy they would "retreat" back into the hills in an attempt to lure the enemy out after them. There my pikemen would be waiting to join the sword and bucklers. If they could not be drawn out, then I would have my pikemen join the remaining sword and bucklers for one small attempt at the front gate. In the confusion I would have my soldiers set fire to several spots along the main palisade. My soldiers would then fall back under the cover of my riflemen.

497771>>497995
So hows that?:twilightsmile:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

511567 Like I said before, it's fine. You don't have to be a military genius to awnser these things.

You might want to break your solution up into paragraphs though. It's easier on the eyes.

:rainbowderp: that was a genius strategy, great job :moustache: I particularly liked the plan of shooting at them from the hills and luring them out.

511590 Thank you. I try:moustache:
511589 I know. I just like hearing people's opinions. Helps me improve. By the way, is there a specific rank I need to be to post a scenario? I was a little confused on that part. Do I need to post a few discussion threads to boost my rank or can I just go right ahead?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

511592 No, anyone can post a scenario. The rank system is mainly there as a title you can stick on your name, and not much else.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9