The Dreamers 280 members · 495 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
bookplayer
Group Admin

This thread is for magic that isn't related to ponies. Post recommendations for websites, books, movies, music, TV shows, art, or anything else that you feel captures the magic in the world.

Feel free to discuss things people posted, but be respectful.

Please keep anything posted in the thread safe for work, and warn for any links that aren't.

bookplayer
Group Admin

I may as well post some things here. These are a few of my favorite pieces of magic, ones that inspired me:

Whimsical Nostalgia - a tumblr that uses reblogged images to make an ever changing collage.

The books of Charles de Lint - If there's an author who shows magic in the real world, the light in the darkness, it's Charles de Lint. Check him out. (But please excuse his 1990's webpage.)

This group made me think of this. :pinkiehappy:

A lovely little show called Red vs Blue. It originally started as a comedy series in 2006 during the summer, but its extreme popularity evolved it into something much more. The storyline became more developed and serious, and finished off with a spectacular ending in season 10.

I'm not sure if it's safe, but for cautionary reasons, I do ask that you be prepared for lots of sex jokes, racism, disrespect for the dead, and willy-nilly cursing. Overall, it's a fantastic ride, especially in the later seasons.

I loved it, and I hope you can take me on my word that it's nothing short of amazing if you watch it start to finish.

"Out of My Mind"
One of the most inspirational books I have ever read.

Everyone go read Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan trilogy. Its steampunky/alternate universe WW1/cross-dressing goodness. Plus one of the characters is kinda Dash-like, so there's a pony connection, too. Oh, and there's some amazing artwork inter-spaced throughout. I can keep going, but you (yes, you) should really go read it.

Now.

Don't wait.

Why are you still here?

I've already read it. I got hooked on it after a friend gave me the first book. I know the character you're talking about :pinkiehappy:

Mr. Sharp is best character. Bovril is best Loris.

Also: Just watched Stick It for the zillionth time with the roomies - just noticed that Haley Graham (the main character) is, like, pretty much the exact same as Dash if Dash was into gymnastics.

Warning: don't watch Stick It if you don't want the urge to work out. I ate pizza instead, but still, it was a close call.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9