Seattle's Angels 2,656 members · 1,255 stories
Comments ( 143 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 143

Hang out in here! Ask us questions, introduce yourselves, jibber-jabber, chew us out, whatever!

I want a post my formal complaint about the city of Seattle.

I do not like Seattle.

477755 Seattle is a strange, interesting place, I'll give you that.

alexmagnet
Group Admin

This is where he discuss our favorite Generals, right?
In that case, let's talk about Erwin Rommel (aka: the Desert Fox), the only Nazi General not indicted for war crimes.
Technically he was a "Field Marshal", not a General
Quiet, you...

No, Portland is a strange, interesting place. Seattle is just unpleasant.

ambion
Group Contributor

Hello, my name's ambion and I...I like ponies. I also like good fics of ponies, so this looks good.

What are your feelings on the city of Seattle?

Pav Feira
Group Admin

Threading is a necessary paradigm with today's applications and processors, but I'm generally displeased with how most languages (at least the ones I've dealt with) handle it. Mutexes are sufficient but clunky, and require too much forethought for what ought to be a simple issue of resource sharing. Since deadlock detection is NP-complete as it is, I really feel that there's got to be a better way.

Has anyone had good experiences with a language designed from the ground up with multithreaded applications in mind?

...this is the proper place for general discussion about threads, is it not?

ambion
Group Contributor

I've never been there. I keep thinking it's sunny and lively with the that famous bridge, but that's probably actually San Francisco.

Also, the new kitten is ravaging my keyboard and purring with 380 horsepower.

Yeah, you're thinking of San Francisco. Seattle has the Space Needle.
SPOILER ALERT:
It's not very impressive.

I'm willing to bet there is someone around here who knows enough about hardware to have that conversation with you.

477795 No, Seattle is the one with that tower that's not nearly as pointy as its name suggests. And it has a reputation for having a lot of rain.

ambion
Group Contributor

I live in Ireland.

Tell me about how rainy Seattle is.

The last time I was in Seattle, it was to attend the Writers of the Future awards ceremony at the Science Fiction Museum, so I thought Seattle was pretty cool.

Also, I'll use this space to thank Seattle's Angels reviewers for writing such generous reviews for "Chronomistress."

Come on, with a name like that, you had this coming

Joke's on you—I love Owl City!

No problem, sir, I just wish your views had gone up more than they have. Perhaps our clout will increase with time... :rainbowwild:

Um, um, hi, Seattle's Fic Group. My name's OtterMatt, and um, I like ponies...

Anyway, I'm SO glad this got started. I rarely get a chance to read GOOD stuff, since I hardly notice it at the time it goes by. Looking forward to more recommendations.

Oh, and I like Seattle (the Glass Museum is badass), but I LOVED Bremerton. :pinkiehappy:

478330 This isn't AA. You don't have to tell us that you're an alcoholic brony.

I was just wondering if a story had to be complete in order for it to be eligible for review?

Casca
Group Admin

It doesn't have to be, but it helps. Reason for that being we can't guarantee the quality of chapters that haven't been written yet, but if the author shows oneself to be, well, good and consistently so, we'll give that fic our serious consideration as with everything else.

Can someone explain how this works? the only way anyone of you will review a fic is if it is recommended? or will you read all fics over time?

We—that's Seattle's Angels, the admins of this group—are searching for good stories, so we're reading a lot of trash to find the good ones worth showing off. This group exists to make us seem less like a bunch of snobby elites telling people what to read from on high. The recommendation thread is there just in case anyone wants to bring a story to our attention. No, we won't read every story over time; there are just too many, but we'll read a lot of them. And no, we're not like Equestria Daily. A story certainly does not need to be recommended to us before it can be posted. We found all of our first round's fics ourselves, by digging, and if no one ever recommends us anything else, we'll continue to dig through the slush on our own. :rainbowdetermined2:

Maybe this group should be renamed the Seattle's Nosepickers

Because we dig for gold in unpleasant places.

Or you guys dig for gold because I haven't done squat.

Casca
Group Admin

>implying that people ever dig their noses in the hopes of finding actual gold

Also, rectifying the horrible, gaping hole in this thread:

There. All done.

Are you telling me you've never found gold in your nose?

Casca
Group Admin

Afraid not - best I ever got was a lump of copper, about twice the size of my thumbnail. At least it was the gleaming, salmon pink sort, without that dull brown oxide layer on the outside. Usually it's just glitter, though.

The nose's mucous membrane is an excellent environment to keep those precious metals from oxidizing or tarnishing.

That's it, then. I'm writing a story about Bronies Anonymous. "Hi, I'm Matt, and I like ponies" is too good to pass up.

Thank god this is a general conversation thread, cause I'm'a about to derail this bitch, but I can't stop myself!
I FREAKING DID IT!!!!!
If I smile any more, I'm going to pass out. :pinkiehappy:

484127 Hey, wherever inspiration finds you, or maybe it's the other way around.

484179 Nice. Oh, and you're also now a member of Bronies Anonymous, which I almost expect to be the name of a group on this site
Thirty seconds later: ... No, it's not.

Csquared08
Group Admin

The city of Seattle is a fine place. The Seattle Seahawks is a solid football team, and the Oklahoma City Thunder, a great basketball team, was formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics.

...Oh, you mean the city itself and not the sports teams? Um... It's... rainy? :unsuresweetie:

I couldn't care less about their sports teams. The Denver Broncos is a terrible football team, but the city of Denver is an extremely nice place.

No correlation.

No correlation between a lot of things.

Csquared08
Group Admin

The Denver Broncos is a terrible football team

Lolwat? When was the last time you paid attention to football, buddy? The Broncos are almost certainly playoff bound this year. And they stand a great shot of winning a couple a game or two in the playoffs. Peyton has been on fire all year.

I have never paid attention to football ever. I'm just going of what the fat guys two tables across from me at mealtime are belly aching about.

Also according to them, the Vikings are terrible. Minneapolis is really nice and St. Paul is a nice place too.

Csquared08
Group Admin

The Vikings started off well, but they've been falling apart lately. Those guys who were talking about football don't really know what they're talking about :trixieshiftleft:

Well, they sure do talk about it loudly. I just assumed they were right because they were saying it so loud.

Csquared08
Group Admin

SO IF I TALK LIKE THIS, I'M AUTOMATICALLY CORRECT? COOL!

I'm compelled to believe whatever you say, so yes.

Csquared08
Group Admin

FLUTTERSHY IS BEST PONY

SEATTLE IS A WONDERFUL CITY

YOU LIKE PIE

THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

THE ANSWER TO YOUR NEXT TEST QUESTION IS "THE VOICES TOLD ME IT WAS ELEPHANTS RIDING LLAMAS." WORD FOR WORD, WHAT'S IN THE QUOTES IS YOUR ANSWER, EVEN IF IT'S TRUE/FALSE OR MULTIPLE CHOICE. AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER WITH THE GIVEN ANSWER

alexmagnet
Group Admin

FLUTTERSHY IS BEST PONY
Despite your compellingly loud voice I still hate Fluttershy (a.k.a. worst pony)
Trixie's got that swag that Fluttershy'll never have.

Csquared08
Group Admin

I see your "swag" and raise you this:

alexmagnet
Group Admin

Double swag...

Csquared08
Group Admin

And I counter with this:

(Sidenote: Trixie as Franziska von Karma is absolutely perfect!)

487587 I was unaware that you were looking for droids.

487613 The Jedi mind trick isn't quite as subtle as it used to be, is it?

Csquared08
Group Admin

I had to use a compelling voice.

alexmagnet
Group Admin

aaaaaaand I'm done...

Csquared08
Group Admin

What is that I don't even...

Have Fluttershy nomming a coconut:

487888>>487884

Guys, can we just stop all of this and talk about my favorite pony, Fluttershy? Or Pie. I like both of these things.

Csquared08
Group Admin

I agree with this fine fellow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 143