Game Crossovers 5,477 members · 4,412 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Fairly simple. What are some games/genres/franchises that you typically can't STAND.... but there's one or two games in that franchise/genre that you enjoy?

For example: It's no secret that I'm not fond of fighting games, like Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, that kind of thing. But.... The one Mortal Kombat game I've played more than ANY other Is Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Instead of being a PVP fighting game, it's a PVE Beat 'Em Up game!

Similarly, there's Tekken 3... largely because of the Tekken Force minigame.
Side note: Stand alone version of Tekken Force; Who's with me?! :pinkiehappy:
Also in that franchise is Death By Degrees, which is more of an action-adventre kind of thing.

As for racing games, typically I'm no good at those. Your Mario Karts, Need For Speed, F1 Racing. But there IS the Cruis'n series. Some of the tightest driving controls I've ever experienced. :pinkiesmile:
Similarly, there's Fortnie's Rocket Racing mode. Those who have played with that mode know just how much fun it can be.
Also, there's Rider's Republic. Even if you flub a race, you make progress. You unlock new stuff, new challenges; You constantly make progress (I'm especially good with the Tricks races, however).

Anyway, Rhythm games. Your Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Dance Dance Revolution, that kind of thing. I ESPECIALLY suck at the last one. I failed the tutorial on one of those. I'm just not fast enough.

But lately I've been LOVING Fortnite's Festival mode! The difference between games like Guitar Hero and that is like the difference between knitting and crochet; In crochet if you miss a stitch, you have an extra hole. In knitting, if you miss a stitch, you have a mess. In FestivalNite if you miss some notes, you get a lower score. In Guitar Hero, if you miss too many notes, you fail the song entirely and need to restart. THAT is stressful! :raritydespair:

What are some of yours? I look forward to seeing your answers. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1