The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Telaros
Group Admin

The Diamond Refinery #2: The Harmony Project "Five Become One" / "Working as One"

"We all come from different walks of life. We have vastly different views because of it. It isn't always easy to get along with others. Luna knows some sure don't make it easy when they think their way is the only right way live your life. But what happens when we have to work together on something? Can we really look past all our pride and dislikes of another, to work towards a common goal?"

The number one rule to these events are, and always will be, interpretation. You've been painted and given examples to work with, but let none restrict your imagination!

Word Minimum: 3,500
Word Cap: 20,000
Restricted Tags: Romance. Tragedy.
Ratings cap: Teen
Sub category restrictions: No Gore.
Due Date for Submissions: October, 5th 2013.
Voting opens up October 7th through October 11th.

Create a story with Diamond Tiara, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Silver Spoon, and Scootaloo. Just about anything goes as long as it finds a way to introduce a conflict and mutual goal that brings/forces/tempts the Filly 5 to work as one.

"The Diamond Refinery, is an ongoing Event Series meant to challenge story makers to create a foundation with, and around, Diamond Tiara that build to her strengths. To create more meaningful stories that go past the one-dimensional. Contestants will go against each other anonymously and compete for top billing to see how they fair in the spotlight when names and titles mean nothing, relying solely on the credibility of their works.

Oh yeah, and there's, like, prizes too. I suppose there's that. The best part is YOU, the readers, get to choose who is most deserving to walk off as Best of the Best and award one to three lucky contestants with various prizes. So be sure to cast your vote for your favorite(s)!"

For questions please visit Diamond Refinery Rules and Regulations

(Event is supposed to officially begins in 11 days, releasing this now as a sort of buffer to make up for the late start. Many things have caused its delay but it is back on schedule and all issues have been dealt with.)

BONUS EVENT!

Any artist that wishes to compete, minimum sign ups and due date for submissions, which are Unique Artist Submissions to pass the event through. All submissions must be made by Oct 5th, before 10PM eastern U.S. timezone. So what basically would be equivalent to when and how authors are supposed to submit their stories.

You'll automatically be placed in a special post alongside the Fic event to ensure maximum exposure, and votes to be placed. You'll compete for cool pony prizes or a game of their choice for Home console or PC. Or your choice of a Pony Prize Pool of equal value. It'll certainly be exciting.

All you have to do is draw your OWN interpretation of how you see this event, that use Diamond Tiara and the other fillies. As long as the picture shows a discernible inspiration of the five or what you would see as a Fusion of all five fillies would be like, and doing whatever you want, it's all good!

So, as the themed picture's example shows for this event, anything with DT and the gang is all good as long as Diamond Tiara and the rest of the fillies can be made out. This includes Diapplootiespoon (all 5 fillies' name shortened, feel free to call her what you think is best!) interpretations.

For artist entries, please follow the same guidelines and NOTE me a link to your Sta.ash account. Your art will be thrown up for public voting as well for people to choose their favorite art among them!

Comment posted by Mattricole deleted Sep 16th, 2013
Telaros
Group Admin

1727320 It's made for this event. The artist in question has not revealed it to the public. But the artist is named Journey Curl. You can find him on Deviant Art or his tumblr.

Can I use Babs in the story as well or is that not allowed

Babs is the sixth ranger. :)

Telaros
Group Admin

1730198 Minimum requirement is to use the five listed ponies in a way that brings them together in some fashion for whatever you want that reason to be, good or bad or simply just no choice. Many ways to interpret the event. You are very much free to add more characters if you want, long as it still fits the overall theme.

I guess that's a real roundabout way of saying "Go for it!" :raritywink:

All tags not shown as restricted is allowed. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1730258 Go Filly Rangers! Go Filly Rangers! GO! GO! GO! GO!
Figh~ting bordom, po~wer scooting, cha~rging along!
GO! Filly Rangers! GO! Filly Rangers GO! Filly Rangers!

I got nothing. But yeah, I hope to see at least one take on that sort of crossover.

1726350 I'm in, but where exactly do I submit my story when its done?

Sorry if this question is dumb, but unless I just missed it I didn't see it in this post :rainbowhuh:

Telaros
Group Admin

1808233 Not dumb at all. You can simply copy paste your story to me through fimfiction by note.

I accept just about any format. Most common being dropbox, and google docs links. Be sure to add any special codes you use in your story in it. Bolds = b, Page breaks = Hr, Italics = i, smart quotes, etc.

Alternatively, you can always just link to the unpublished story. Takes longer if I have to manually input every special code used in the story, which is why I try to get people to make sure they include any special formatting they make on fimfiction.

Basically, my job is to ensure it shows up the way you want it presented on Fimfiction. So be sure to include any of those special codes, if any, in your gdocs or whatever you choose to link to.

NOTE: If you feel any changes need to be made, you can do so before the public voting phase.

Good luck!

Telaros
Group Admin

This is just the prompt theme for the event. For more information on the contest itself, visit Rules and Regulations thread sticky at Rules and Regulations for more information on what The Diamond Refinery is about and how to enter.

For prize info, follow the link here Prize Pools and Unlocks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9