The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Diamond Tiaras last chance is coming...

It's been far overdue to have a follow-up to crusaders of the lost mark, with DT reforming and all, however the show staff seem to not care about her inclusion anymore.

If Diamond Tiara doesn't get at least one episode with a speaking role or an appearance somewhere in the foreground... (lighter shades characters) I will be highly disappointed.... And disappointed in the show staff for not following up on such an important story arc. heck even one episode will make me happy. It doesn't have to be one full season of Diamond Tiara like they did with starlight. Even an appearance at all will be enough! Best filly needs some recognition for her efforts. Even if she's off camera she will always hold a place in my heart as one of my most beloved characters.

Even so, this series finale will probably be the best season ever. Quite possibly blowing season 8 off of its current throne. What do you people want from the finale? And season nine as a whole?

Mudpony
Group Admin

With the Mane 6, Starlight, Spike, the students, and the CMC, it is unlikely DT will get much of anything. Especially when you can probably expect at least one episode heavy with Celestia/Luna, a Discord one, probably a Big Mac + his special somepony episode, and so on.

That said, if we get an episode that's sort of dedicated to saying goodbye to the CMC, then she might show up and get some lines.

Didn't we already have one of each of those?

6772039 To quote MudPony, it's highly unlikely at this point that Diamond Tiara will get any lines, much less make an appearance, in season nine, especially considering the abundance of characters that they have to focus on. This is a shame as there was a lot of untapped potential with this character, especially in regards to the other characters. I would have loved to see an episode featuring Tiara and Spike, given that we don't often see the little guy interesting with kids his own age, or Tiara and Starlight, given their similar background. Even Spoiled Rich seems to have been pushed aside as well, not getting a speaking role since season Six's "Where the Apple aloes" and reduced to a mere mention in "It Isn'&t the Same Thing About You." At the very least I am grateful that they didn't reform her. Even the Mane So would have their work cut out for them in doing that, which I don't think would be possible to do.

As for season 8, I didn't much care for it, but I didn't really hate it either. I'm really hoping that season 9 makes up for it.

6772048 Yeah, that's a shame. I'll be honest, I thought "Marks for Effort" would be show the CMC graduating from Cheerilee's class as the opening, similar to the opening we got for "Rock Solid Friendship", which would involve Diamond Tiara ans Silver Spoon as well, and the CMC go to Twilight's school as a form of secondary education. But that isn't what we got, which really leads me to ask, when do kids finish their schooling in Equestria?

I get what you say, but I get the impression that the writing staff want to forget she ever existed. Her last appearence (as a pony) was in Season 7, and that was in a background role. Her EqG counterpart has had noticably more luck, however, getting her first (and to date, only) speaking role in Best Trends Forever.

I do hope they bring her back, however. Both she and Silver Spoon have so much potential as characters. However, I do sometimes get the impression the show is 20% planning, 80% made up on the spot.

6772070 6772067 it's a real shame, if Diamond Tiara never existed the CMC wouldn't even exist. They wouldn't have been so self conscious about their blank flankiness. All the ponies they helped all the adventures they had wouldn't exist. Apple bloom would be nothing but an Apple farmer most likely, Sweetie Belle would be nothing but a singer, and Scootaloo would be just a stuntpony. Sure they still have their talents but they wouldn't be together learning about life and solving problems as well as others.

Also that one pony from season one would still be blooms only bestie probably. :twistnerd:

Funny how things turn out...

Telaros
Group Admin

God here's hoping. Having Diamond Tiara come by to give her line as to why she wants or thinks Scootaloo should stay to whomever that's taking her away would be the cherry on top to the Scootiara closure many want to see. And by many I mean mostly me. :scootangel:

Mudpony
Group Admin

Yeah, we need more Scootiara. And some Twistiara. And some aged-up-Di Celestiara. And, well, some Diamond with all the age appropriate ponies characters! Except Apple Bloom.

Shipping? Not exactly, but kind of. Friendshipping, at least. I stand by the sentiment I had during that Rumble trilogy: Diamond Tiara should have been the Charlie to the CMC Angels. She has good reason to know lots of foals with insecurities (her talent lets her exploit said insecurities, after all), and she has a reputation the girls can piggyback off of or pile up on with their own.

It also would have been really nice to have a recurring character who's 'rich'. We never got that on the show. We had successful ponies, sure, lots of them, but never a show of financially successful ones. There's room for character arcs there. It would have also allowed for more worldbuilding, showing the dark side of Canterlot snobbishness and thereby adding depth to the likes of Twilight and Rarity. Closest we got to that was Sunburst and his performance problems. Nice, but shoddily executed and not nearly close enough.

Anyhoot: when you can't get the stories you want, write'em yourself. That's the only surefire way to get satisfaction out of this fandom :derpytongue2:

Only ponies? I think Diamond x Spike would be interesting...

--Sweetie Belle

Mudpony
Group Admin

Fixed to include Smolder!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12