The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

If Diamond Tiara were to have a colt friend (who is close to her age as well) who do you think it will be?

Well, Ponyville's kinda low on colts, but...

Pipsqueak: He beat her running for class president. This would bring him to her attention, and with him having a bit of power and her having a bit of money, I could see where she might think them joining forces might be a good idea.

Spike: He lives with and is related to a princess, and he has a ready supply of gems. He also eats them, but they'll always be around, and she could probably borrow some. He is stuck on Rarity, but he really should know by now that that's pretty hopeless...

--Sweetie Belle

Pipsqueek would be a tough sell but I can see Spike working. And I'm not saying that because its one of my ships. Sweetie could work too but I think Applebloom works better. It all comes down to how easy it is for someone to write.

6648413 Spike is an interesting concept that I hadn't even considered. It might be difficult to work into my story considering that I wanted to focus more on the characters that were among the CMC's age (though in the story they are all adults) without involving any of the Mane 6 (or 7, or 8, or whatever), but that doesn't mean it can't work.

6648407 I'd have to say Spike simply because it'd be interesting seeing what kind of dynamic they would have.

6648419 I have to agree with Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom as well, the latter because of the Loving Bully trope, and the former due to their colors being the same.

Well, if they patched things up, there's obviously Silvy yet.

Maybe Taps, in the right situation, or the new Pistachio. She'd make an excellent sugar mama to a struggling artistic type. ;)

Sweetie, AB and Spoonie aren't colts, though.

Pipsqueak is one of my choices for much the same reasons. Depending on how much Diamond Tiara manages to overcome her jealousy and misgivings, and that was strongly implied to be likely now.

I liked Diamond and Silver with Snips and Snails for a long time too. It seemed like something that could happen, two goofballs/willing minions and two alpha b*tches, growing closer without realising they began to actually care for one another.

Nice respectable colts? Nah. Diamond's in the midst of a paradigm shift, she's ready to spread her metaphorical wings. Time to find somepony.... dangerous.
Maybe somepony who also has a history of standing up against boring old conventions. A cool colt. A rebel. A... dare I say it? Bad colt. Somepony her mother's going to absolutely hate. So basically any colt in Ponyville works. A colt like...

Just look how he leans against buildings! Only cool guys lean against buildings. That's a lad you can take home to your mother. Oh, she doesn't like it? Well, Heck you, MOM, I'll do whatever I want.

6648409 Ditto on Pipsqueak. I could even see her drawing closer to him because of Spoiled Rich, since she values connections and Pipsqueak is basically class president.

I’d guess it would be Shady Daze, as Apple Bloom has Tender Taps, Dinky has Pipsqueak and Scoots has Rumble. Plus, I could see DT taking a liking to Shady while working with him on something photography related.

In the show they used the term girlfriend.... no idea where the coltfriend and marefriend thing came from

From the fandom, likely patterned after the canon term "fillies and gentlecolts". The show's never always consistent with its ponification. :)

6648512 Oh, right. Ignore that last comment, then. :rainbowlaugh: :twilightsmile:

Well...if you want my thoughts on who (and by cause I'm planning to add this in a series of mine) I'd go with Button Mash:derpytongue2:.

If we're talking show canon here I'd probably be inclined to suggest colts whose personality/talents fall into the sophisticated or artistic...

How about this guy?

I think she'd be comfortable with his color scheme, at least.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18