The Diamond Cutters 1,208 members · 1,361 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

So there's this anime called Saint Seiya which I know nothing about, but I've been following the awesome artwork of ZidaneMina for some time because it pushes lots of my good buttons (ponies, armor, astrological theming, cards, shiny things). Therefore, when this dropped today I squeed like a little girl was quite pleased:

"Unicornis Diamond Tiara" by ZidaneMina

Not least because there's also some lore to go with it which is quite intriguing:

She was the daughter of one of the wealthiest horses in Equestria. In the past, she enjoyed a life of plenty, never had to worry about food, roof or anything else. Yet the engulfing flames of Daybreaker killed her entire family, and so, she had to take refuge in an orphanage, to resort living with "the common folk" like his father used to say. In the beggining, her attitudes brought her loneliness and sorrow that she hid under a mask of bitterness and fake sense of superiority. She used to mock the deformed wings of a pegasus filly named Scootaloo, who later escaped the orphanage and was never heard from her again.

At the age of 13, she met Silver Spoon, who was also the daughter of a rich family. Together they bullied the ponies in the orphanage, since they both felt more righteous than the rest. When the tides of war reached the last bastion of the Equine Race, they were recruited by the armies of Daybreaker and forced to train in the most vile and cruel conditions. In her cruel training, she was left to die as she was branded "unworthy" of becoming one within Daybreaker's army.

Her only friend, Silver Spoon realized the armies of Daybreaker were cold hearted monsters, and did not want to take part of it. She deserted, and while escaping she found the nearly death body of Diamond Tiara.

She then travelled to the ruins of Equestria, in order to retrieve her family's Heirloom, and in the ruins of her Mansion she discovered the Bronze Cloth of the Unicorn, which was passed down from generations to generations until fate chose a new bearer. The Cloth was Sealed by both Luna and Celestia with a text: "When neither the Moon nor Sun are able to destroy the darkness, may the Six Souls of Bronze come hither, to resque this land from impending doom".

Naturally, the Unicorn cloth has the ability to grant either a pegasus or an earth pony the gift of magic, which she had to learn by herself.

For a couple of years she travelled with her friend Silver Spoon (Which by her own test and tribulations became the wearer of the Cygnus Cloth) saving as many children as she could, until a fateful day she once again crossed paths with the same filly she once ridiculed, only now, she was the Holy Bronze Saint: Pegasus Scootaloo...

And given that there is also a frickin' awesome Apple Bloom in this set, that makes me excited that we might see the other members of the Filly Five too...

Sorry I don't have the time to read it right now, at least not completely and I hope I remember it tomorrow, but it's a really nice picture.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2