The Properly Organized Rarijack Group 783 members · 383 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hey there. I'm sugar moon and I'd honestly just like to ask does anybody think that there is a fic on Fimfiction that just gets Rarijack? I mean is there a story that you immediately think of when you hear of Rarijack? Cause for me I don't. I think most of the other main pairings have one story that pops to mind when you think of it (like twilights list for twimac etc) but I don't think Rarijack does.

Was just wondering on others opinions and if anybody thinks somebody has nailed it yet. Maybe ebon mane and swayback mountains or dicepony's the jewel of reinsburg perhaps.

"The Sweetest Cider is Diamond White."
And a story idea.
What if Applejack's bucking legs became crippled for life?
And what would Rarity do to comfort the now traumatized Applejack?

651664 Perhaps. But that doesn't mean that the idea can be given new life to it.
It all depends on your perspective in writing it... Or for that matter, the amount of emotion that you can put in it to sucker punch the reader into oblivion. Though the idea is well used, if executed to a T, then you have a formula for either some heartwarming scenes....

Or you'll find yourself wishing you never written it in the first place, as Molotov cocktails shatter against haystacks and flammable material.

And after all, originality is burrowing elements from the past and putting your own twist on them.
That's how media evolves, and how new tropes are formed. Genre specific? Certainly. Full of potential? But of course. Nothing is certain other than that the future is uncertain.:twilightsheepish:

Sweetest Cider has to be one of my faves too. Along with Swayback Mountain, and several other classics. Just wish Casper J Wordsmith would get around to finishing Cider.

651622 The Rustic and The Romantic. (It's actually my most favorite story on this site.)

Well i really enjoyed "Regrets" and "The Jewel of Reinsburg"
"Strange Bedfellows" even though the shipping in this story has been minimal so far, but i like the build up.

But yeah, there's no "The Party Hasn't Ended" or "Two's Company, Three's a Crowd" yet

Donnys Boy
Group Contributor

When I think Rarijack, I think of AbsoluteAnonymous' two RariJack stories, "Diamond in the Rough" and "Home Grown." "Diamond in the Rough" is probably closer to the typical RariJack portrayal--if such even exists--but I think "Home Grown" is the deeper and more satisfying story.

Oh, hey, glad you liked "Regrets." :twilightsmile:

I think TheLastBrunnenG's "The Rustic and The Romantic" is quite good, too. Brunnen's a credit to the ship, no doubt. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9