• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 4,085 Views, 63 Comments

To be Adored - jidbrony



Adagio always wanted to be adored, but what does it mean to be truly adored, and to find that adoration in the most unlikely of forms

  • ...
4
 63
 4,085

Prologue

The moon was bright and the night was young, a few people were taking a night stroll while others used the occasion to woo their lovers by going to Lovers Peek a place where all young loves headed to make their move. However tonight was different, for some reason every couple who was at Lovers Peek was raging with one another. People bickered and complained about all sorts of things.

"You talk too much."

"You're too picky."

"You're fat!"

All the while unbeknownst to them a strange green mist formed and slid all the way to a top a tree where three girls their faces covered by hoodies sang a enchanting tune.

" Ah, ah, ah... Ah ah ...ah ah ah , ah ah."

Suddenly the green mist was sucked into their red pendants that they wore around their necks. Once it disappeared the girl in the middle grinned with delight.

"Good job girls, we're done for tonight." The three of them jumped off the trees and headed out.

As they took off into the town they removed their hoods to reveal quite outlandish hair styles. The purple one had purple hair with green highlights wrapped in pigtails with star clips on each side. The other was blue with blue hair wrapped in a ponytail. Finally the third one and leader of the group who was a dark yellow had big puffy hair and a spike headband that was purple. These three were Aria Blaze, Sonata Dusk and Adagio Dazzle, the Sirens of Equestria.

"Ugh, that was barely anything Adagio." Aria groaned.

"Better than last time." Adagio said looking at her pendant as it glimmered a bit.

"I was satisfied." Sonata said cheerfully.

"That's because you're the worst." Aria proclaimed.

"No you are!"

"No you!"

"No you!"

"Enough!" Adagio shouted. "You two are both idiots and you know it!"

"She started it." Sonata said.

"I don't care this has been going on for thousands of years. Every day it's the same thing! You're the worse no you, no you, when will it ever end!"

"When Sonata's no longer the worst." Aria replied.

"Well as Queen of the Sirens I decree..

"Ha! Queen of the Sirens, you're not Queen, that just one of those stupid titles you love giving yourself to make you feel important,"

Adagio gritted her teeth. "Why you little...

"Girls!" Sonata cried out. "I found something."

Adagio and Aria turned around to see Sonata in a alley way looking at something. They walked up to her curious but annoyed.

"This better be good." Aria groaned.

"Okay." Adagio moaned hoping it wasn't something to stupid unlike last time when she found a penny.

"It's a basket." Sonata said picking it up and holding it up to show Adagio and Aria. Who exchanged looks of annoyance.

"A basket, really Sonata, you're fascinated by a basket!" Adagio yelled.

"Well...it's a heavy basket." Sonata said

"I don't care!" Adagio grabbed the basket from Sonata. "Of all the stupid things you've been interested in this has to be the pathetic thing you've ever...!" Suddenly a loud crying came.

"Oh great, you made her cry glorious. Going to have put up with this for the next five hours" Aria groaned.

"That's not me...for once." Sonata said. "It's coming from the basket."

Slowly all three closed in on the basket on noticed the blanket inside was ruffling.

"What's in there Dagi." Aria said sounding confused.

“Is it a ghost?!” Sonata screamed

“Ugh...No Sonata, it’s not a ghost.” Adagio groaned, amazed by her friends stupidity.

Slowly Adagio began to remove the blanket from the basket as she began to see a small pair of feet and then a leg then another leg.

"Uh... Adagio, is that what I think it is." Aria said almost sounding scared of what she began to see.

"It's...it's..."

"A baby!" Sonata screamed in delight jumping up and down. "It's soooo cute!"

"And loud!" Aria said, plugging her ears.

"The baby kept crying for a few more seconds until it opened its eyes to look up at a very confused Adagio. Suddenly, it smiled and looked right back at her, and reached his tiny hand out to her try to touch her nose."

"Aw he likes you Dagi." Sonata. "He thinks you're his mommy."

Suddenly Adagio snapped out of her confused trance and came back to her senses. "WHAT?!"

"Can we keep him?" Sonata asked.

"Sonata, this isn't a puppy." Aria explained. "It's an annoying...thing."

"But it's all alone. Just like us." Sonata reasoned. "Plus it likes Adagio." The baby continued it grab Adagio's face.

"No!" Adagio. "We are not taking in a baby! You know I hate children."

"Come on! You call me a baby." Sonata said.

"Yes BUT you aren't one'!" Adagio replied.

"Come on!"

"No!"

"Com on"

"Come on!"

"For the last time we're not taking the baby home with us and that's FINAL!”