• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 2,615 Views, 49 Comments

Earth's Nightmare Era - Nightmare Chaser



A story about Nightmare Moons human student and his rebellion against her.

  • ...
5
 49
 2,615

Homeward Bound

The plan, in Chase's mind, was somewhat simple. Appear in the throne room three days before she wakes, knock out any guards on the way to her private chambers, and destroy Nightmare Moon with the Elements of Harmony. He and the girls, even Celestia and Luna on Thursday, went over this plan three times and Chase was certain that this plan was going to work or at least he hoped. It was Monday and Chase decided to take today and tomorrow off from planning and tried to find out a little bit about the mares he called his friends.

Just to get it out of the way, he decided to first hang out with Pinkie Pie. With a smile on his face and a new spring in his step he headed to SugarCube Corner. He noticed more glares at him but once again ignored them. He entered the sweets building and smiled at the blue pony behind the counter who kindly greeted him.

"Hi Mrs. Cake," Chase said, having learned her name at the party, "Is Pinkie here?"

Upon hearing her name, the hyperactive pink pony appeared from the kitchen and smiled at her otherworldly friend.

"Hey there Chase what can i do for you?" The pink pony said, her smile widening.

"Oh i just wanted to hang out with all my new friends before we headed to my world." Chase said, smiling almost as wide as Pinkie.

She gasped with excitement and turned to Mrs. Cake, who said she can go. With a squee, Pinkie hopped over the counter, grabbed Chase's hoof, and sped out of SugarCube Corner. Chase couldn't help but chuckle at Pinkie's enthusiasm as she dragged him god knows where. After awhile she let go of Chase's hoof and he falls face first in the dirt.

"Ow, Pinkie where are we?" Chase said picking himself up from the ground.

He looks around and notices that he's in a park with other ponies hanging out here. Pinkie Pie seemed to pull a picnic basket out of her poofy mane and sets it on the ground before pulling out a picnic blanket and setting it up on the ground. Chase helped her set up the picnic just as the others came trotting up to them, smiling as they spotted Chase and Pinkie. Chase was baffled at the coincidence of them showing up just as he and Pinkie finished setting up. Chase turned to pinkie who just grinned.

"Did you already plan a picnic today, Pinkie?" Chase asked the pink, party pony.

"Maybe," Pinkie said, "You looked so stressed and we've been doing boring planning so i figured we could have a relaxing picnic today."

"You have been working hard sugarcube," Applejack said as she sat on the blanket.

"Yeah man," Rainbow Dash said with pride, "You can't be all work and no play, it's just no fun."

Chase looked at his friends, who all nodded their heads in agreement. He thought it over for a moment. That was his whole reason, or at least part of it anyways, for taking today and tomorow off wanting to get to know these mares in the first place. He started to laugh at the major coincidence which earned him confused looks from the girls.

"What is so amusing, Chase?" Rarity asked, a sandwhich already on a plate in front of her.

"Oh just the fact that we had the same idea about today."

They all started to laugh with him as he was holding his sides. They laughed for about ten minutes before they composed themselves and began chatting as they enjoyed the nice sunny day graciously provided by Celestia. As they enjoyed the picnic, Chase found out alot about the six mares that he never knew, mostly because Nightmare Moon had nothing nice to say about them.

"So Chase," Twilight said after finishing another sandwhich, "Why not tell us a bit about yourself."

"That is if you don't mind." Fluttershy said quietly.

He looked at them nervously. He was comfortable around them but he still was unsure about truely opening up to anyone, he's even kept secrets from his teacher. With a sigh and a smile he looked up at them.

"Well before the hostile takeover i was really fascinated by the study of marine life." He started, trying so hard to remember before Nightmare Moon. "I was also interested in the art of drawing and storytelling. But I guess that'll never happen though unless this works."

He looked down at the little cake on his plate as he said that, doubt yet again creeping up on him and taking his mind. He felt a hoof pat him on the back and saw Fluttershy next to him, who smiled at him.

"It'll work Chase, don't doubt yourself." Twilight said in a reassuring voice.

"Twilight's right," Rarity said, "We'll put a stop to Nightmare Moon and return light to your world darling."

"That's right!" Rainbow Dash said, sticking her chest out, "We'll show that evil old mare what happens when you mess around with other worlds, especially a friend's world."

"If there's one thing i can't stand, it's a meanie who doesn't care for others and makes everypony frown." Pinkie said, a serious look on her face.

"Don' worry partner your world is as good as saved once we get there." Applejack chimed in, tipping her hat.

"You girls are the best friends i have." Chase said before getting group hugged by them.

The rest of the days passed without fail until the day to put Chase's plan into action arrived. He met all his friends outside the Everfree Forest at dawn. He made sure everypony knew what they had to do and made sure they had the Elements of Harmony with them, which they had around their necks, before heading into the forest and towards the ruins he first appeared in last week and two days ago.

"It's now or never." Chase said, charging his teleportation spell. He looked back at the girls as he locked onto his last position in his world. "You six ready to do this?"

They all nodded. With a smile and a flash of emerald light, they were whisked off to his world unaware of what was waiting for them on the other side.


To Be Continued........