• Published 26th Dec 2021
  • 6,498 Views, 106 Comments

Monument of Regret - Eternal Sunset



With Anon-A-Miss destroying her reputation at school and her friends abandoning her, things couldn't get any worse for Sunset. Until she recieves a surprise visit from Equestria.

  • ...
18
 106
 6,498

Merry Christmas

Sunset finished packing her journal in her satchel and checked to see that she had everything she needed for the Christmas party at Sweet Apple acres. It had been a few days since the CMC confessed to being Anon-A-Miss, the girls told the Principal the following day and she was very upset and extremely disappointed in them. They all received six months of detention where they will be doing community service for the school and had to issue a public apology to the entire school as they deleted the profile in front of everyone. The CMC also had to write an essay on the dangers of cyberbullying and a written apology to Sunset Shimmer. They didn’t have their phones confiscated but were only allowed to use them for emergencies and had to be supervised by a staff member or one of their sisters.

When they told their families, they were all really upset and disappointed with them. They were all grounded, had their electronic devices confiscated, and are only allowed to use their computers for school work and under supervision. They were given extra chores to do around the house and were supposed to be forbidden from seeing each other for the duration of their grounding but Sunset had a talk with their families and convinced them to let the girls hang out, she even volunteered to keep an eye on them. The CMC as well as their families were surprised that Sunset would help them out considering what they had done to her but Sunset explains that she doesn’t want the girls to be without their friends, especially around the holidays. It was a little awkward when the CMC met up again with Sunset, but when Sunset started asking about how everything was going and what their holiday plans are, the awkwardness slowly faded as the girls started talking about what they are going to do for the holidays.

Sunset received a text and knew that it was from Fluttershy by the text tone, she checked her phone and smiled as she read the message.

You are a wonderful person and deserve happiness.

Fluttershy had been sending her these texts since they made up, making sure Sunset knows she is loved and appreciated. Sunset opened her drawer and pulled out a small stack of notes, each one had words of encouragement like “hang in there”, “don’t let despair win”, “you are a beautiful person”. Sunset held the notes closed to her heart, these helped her fight off the despair and keep alive the hope of getting her friends back. She placed the notes back in her drawer, put her satchel on, and exited her apartment. She still had a couple of hours before the Christmas party so she is going to meet up with Twilight at The Sweet Shoppe.


“So how are things between you and the girls?” Twilight asked as she sat across from Sunset, taking a sip of her tea.

“Things have been going great,” Sunset said with a smile. “I think we’re more closer now than before.”

“I’m happy to hear that!” Twilight said, smiling at Sunset. She was initially worried that there could still be some hard feelings but it wouldn’t be anything the girls couldn’t work on.

“Pinkie Pie has been making sure I always have a smile on my face that my face is sore from smiling so much not to mention my sides hurt with how much she makes me laugh,” Sunset laughed. “Rarity took me to the spa to get pampered, fixed my outfits, and gave me my Christmas present early which was a brand new, one-of-a-kind outfit!”

“I bet it looked gorgeous,” Twilight said if this version of Rarity is anything like her own, then Sunset’s outfit is no doubt breathtaking.

“It does,” Sunset wholeheartedly agreed. “Fluttershy has been sending me messages of encouragement every day and in-person she makes sure that I’m aware of how much I’m appreciated and loved. Applejack stops by my place to prepare me a homecooked meal and she brings over some of their family's products like their famous Apple cider. Rainbow Dash…”

Twilight tilted her head in confusion as she watched Sunset giggle.

“What did Rainbow do?” Twilight asked curiously, a playful smile on her lips.

“Let’s just say that she gave me something to symbolize her trust in me and leave it at that,” Sunset giggled, but the smile she showed and the hint of tears in her eyes told Twilight that whatever Rainbow gave Sunset meant a lot to her.

What Sunset Couldn't tell Twilight was that Rainbow Dash had invited her to her house and showed Sunset her secret collection of cute stuffed animals that Rainbow Dash had received as gifts from her parents and other family members, Rainbow explained that only Fluttershy knew about this and proceeded to pick up a stuffed unicorn and present it to Sunset. Rainbow Dash explained that this is one of her favorites and wanted Sunset to keep it safe for her, that this is proof that she trusts her. Sunset was incredibly touched by this and vowed to keep it safe.

“I’m very happy for you Sunset,” Twilight said. “You’ve come a long way from the pony you used to be.”

“I wouldn’t be where I am now without you and the girls,” Sunset said as she rubbed the back of her head.

“And I’ll always be there for you,” Twilight promised as she placed her hand on top of Sunset’s.

“Thank you, Twilight,” Sunset thanked her friend, the two then started to talk about Equestria until it was almost time for Applejack’s Christmas party.

Sunset walked Twilight back to the portal and they shared a hug before Twilight stepped through. Sunset let out a content sigh as she stared at the school, it looks so peaceful now compared to the chaos not too long ago.

“Let’s hope it stays that way,” Sunset spoke, the students of CHS were upset with the CMC and Sunset feared some would retaliate but the Principals made sure that any form of retaliation would be met with harsh punishment. She and her friends made sure that the CMC are safe at school and to Sunset and the girls' surprise, some of the students even looked out for the girls.

They told Sunset that they are sorry for accusing her of being Anon-A-Miss and wanted to make it up to her by helping out, Sunset along with her friends and the CMC were very grateful. The following days more students apologized to Sunset and wanted to make it up to her but Sunset forgave them already and instead, they decided to give the CMC a chance to make up for their mistake.

“Hey, Sunset!”

Sunset turned around to see Rainbow Dash on her motorcycle waving at her.

“Watcha standing there for?” Rainbow Dash asked, a big smile on her face.

“Just thinking, I just said goodbye to Twilight who came for a visit when,” Sunset responded as she approached Rainbow Dash.

“How is she?” Rainbow inquired.

“She’s doing good, she and her friends are having a Christmas party at her castle,” Sunset answered.

“Speaking of, do you need a lift?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I was about to text you if you needed a ride until I spotted you.”

“Sure,” Sunset agreed, smiling at Rainbow Dash.

“Great!” Rainbow said happily as she handed a spare helmet to Sunset, as she got on the bike. She wrapped her arms around Rainbow’s waist as they made their way to the Apple farm.


“Dash, Sunset!” Applejack greeted as she opened the door to see her friends and hugged them. “Welcome!”

“Thanks for inviting me,” Sunset thanked as she returned the hug.

“Happy to have yah, make yerselves at home,” Applejack said as she stood aside to let them in.

Sunset stepped inside the Apple home and hung up her coat on the coat rack by the door, she walked into the living room to see the festivities underway. Pinkie Pie is telling a joke and laughing with Fluttershy, Big Mac, Scootaloo, and Applebloom. Rarity and Sweetie Belle are helping Granny Smith bring in hot cocoa for everyone.

“Here you go darling,” Rarity said as she handed Sunset her mug.

“Thank you,” Sunset thanked Rarity as she took her cup, sunset took a sip and joined the festivities. She shared stories about Equestria, how they have similar holidays like Christmas but they called it Hearths Warming, Everyone was amazed at how Hearths Warming started, how if the pony tribes didn’t come together then their new home would be a frozen wasteland. As Sunset and the others laughed at a story Applejack was telling them about how Fluttershy’s brother would hit on Rainbow Dash much to her and Fluttershy’s embarrassment, she thought to herself that this is the best Christmas she’s ever had.

Author's Note:

First completed Anon-A-Miss story of the new year, I hope you all enjoyed it and thank you for reading. Happy New Year!

Comments ( 19 )

The CMC also had to write an essay on the dangers of cyberbullying and a written apology to Sunset Shimmer.

On no! They would have to expel me.

11104540
But she still gave her a chance to repent of her sins and learn about friendship, sure she did leave her in the human world though in the hands of the human mane five who eventually became the Rainbooms with Sunset and later Sci-Twi. But they sure didn't give the sirens a chance to repent and be forgiven like Sunset, they just have let them get booed off the stage by the angry students and possibly expelled since we didn't see them in the future movies and when they did finally reappeared they weren't seen being back in the school.

This is short and sweet, not every Anon a miss story has to be a 50k words action adventure, and it's nice to see the problem resolved in a way that shows Twilight and Celestia's trust in Sunnybuns.

Happy new year everyone!

Well, This was pretty nice, good job

11104639
Hell yeah! An essay? No thanks

great job on story look forward to what you will write next:twilightsmile:

11104617
Do you really think that if they offered the Dazzlings (and the Legion of Doom, for that matter) a chance at redemption, they would have taken it?

Probably not, friendo.

11105149
Well, maybe not at first, they would be very angry at the Rainbooms for shattering their pendants yes, (and they may want revenge), but if Sunset and the others could be kind enough to them, give them a chance to explain their backstories, where they came from, why they tried to enslave the school and maybe find a way to fix their pendants and make a deal to help them adjust to new lives while finding a way to still feed on the negative energy without having to control their victims, then maybe they just might try to change.

Sonata does seems to be the less evil out of the three, so it may be a lot easier to have her turn to good than the other two, but Sunset and the others didn't even try to help them, they just let them get booed off and forgot about them just like that. And when they did saw them again in Sunset's Backpass Stage, they still didn't bother trying to help them and instead chosen to leave them again and spend all their time having fun in the Starswirl Festival, and Sunset have coldly accused the sirens of the time loop she was stuck in, even though they didn't do it. Although there might be hope for Sunset to consider helping those three (or at least try to), she have gone down a similar path and still managed to turn to good, and her part in their horrible defeat and her actions in the Battle of the Bands were at least somewhat influenced by the other girls.

Yes, Chrysalis did rejected Starlight's offer and ran away, and Tirek may like seemed like he'd rather spend the rest of his life rotting in Tartarus than to repent of his sins, but they didn't even bothered trying to help Cozy after what happened in the Season 8 finale School Raze, they just left her to suffer and rot in Tartarus with Tirek, and it's possibly too late to help her now that she's been turned into stone with Tirek and Chrysalis, the ponies still didn't bother helping Cozy when she attacked Canterlot in The Ending of the End.

A sweet ending to a wonderful story. You know, I can see Rainbow as a closet plushie collector.

Great concept on the Anon-A-Miss story!

11168402
i won't rule out that she might be an actual child. children in mlp are more mature than human's. CMCs making siege weapons. newborn babies like flurry and cake's can read emotions and instinctively use magic.

cozy being real child is more morbid, more potential for darker stuff. exacty what mlp fandom stand for.

11351950
I guess that makes sense.

11702090
I see. So Celestia using magic for explanation is a Deus ex machina, then. Well regardless, I'll be sure to read the rest of the story.

Well done and nicely written! :yay: :raritywink:

This is one of the few Anon-a-Miss stories that's short and simple and I like it. :twilightsheepish:

Happy to see that Princess Celestia and Twilight's faith in Sunset pay off. :yay:

What Sunset Couldn't tell Twilight was that Rainbow Dash had invited her to her house and showed Sunset her secret collection of cute stuffed animals that Rainbow Dash had received as gifts from her parents and other family members, Rainbow explained that only Fluttershy knew about this and proceeded to pick up a stuffed unicorn and present it to Sunset. Rainbow Dash explained that this is one of her favorites and wanted Sunset to keep it safe for her, that this is proof that she trusts her. Sunset was incredibly touched by this and vowed to keep it safe.

Ths is the first story I've ever seen in which RD has a stuffed animal collection.

This was a wonderful read and it makes me look forward to reading your other stories.

11713812
I’m happy you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment