My Little Reviews & Feedback 508 members · 868 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Flora Blossom
Group Contributor
TOver tea and biscuits - Equestria at War
Governess Rarity and Empress Nightmare Moon have a discussion.
KarmaSentinal · 5.6k words  ·  67  6 · 2.1k views

Review: Over Tea and Biscuts - Equestria at War

Tags: Sad, Slice of Life, Alternate Universe

Summary: An alternate universe that isn’t canon.  A time with Rarity and Nightmare moon!

Review:  Not sure how I feel about this… since there is a sad tag on here… but it didn’t feel like it was a sad story.  The slice of life is there but unfortunately, I couldn’t cry to this fiction for some odd reason.  Maybe the story was too short to get that feeling for the characters.  However, one-shots are very hard to make in that short of time.  But you can always make sequels to make a strong finish. 

This fiction is alright in my opinion.  But however, it wasn’t that sad though… 5/10…  grammar seems alright.  The idea is also alright… but the sad just didn’t get there. The slice of life is more than 99% and that 1% is sad…. The story truly needs an equal amount.  However, I noticed this when I was reading this several times…  Oh, but this is a contest fiction that should be admire.  Not if the sad tag is weaken in this story.  (not popping out correctly)  If it was just a slice of life alone…  then it would be at least an 8 to 9 out of ten.

So, yes I’m 100% that I would like to give this a 5/10 maybe it will change if there is a sequel or prequel on how that universe was built.

KarmaSentinal
Group Contributor

To clarify the sad tag, its based of the Equestria At War mod for the game Hearts of Iron4. Within that mod, you can have Luna go Nightmare Moon and rule over all of Equestria, and after that can go down two paths- forgive, or hate. In the forgive path, you try to rule Equestria as a kinder Nightmare Moon, but pretty much lost your sister and support of the Elements with the exception of Rarity. The way the event tree was written(in my opinion) took it as Nightmare Moon only having Rarity as a friend while everypony she knew either turned their backs on her or treat her as the sole ruler, a parallel of Celestia in a way. That was my reasoning for the Sad Tag.

Thank you for taking the time to review my story Flora Blossom!

Flora Blossom
Group Contributor

Of course, hopefully, we all improve in time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3