• Published 13th May 2024
  • 190 Views, 3 Comments

It's supposed to not make sense - Hoofprintz

  • ...
 3
 190

Cause it's a kids show

"Wait, wait, wait... Explain it to me one more time, Izzy."

"I already told ya, Sunny! Come on! You get it, right, Hitch? It's like I said, I was watching TV back at the brighthouse and having a snack like I always do when I got really thirsty so I reached for my soda."

"Yeah, I understood all of that. And then what happened, Izzy?"

"IT WAS EMPTY, SUNNY!"

"Izzy, I know. You already said that. You said something weird happened AFTER that, remember?"

"OH! RIGHT! SORRY, SUNNY! So anyways, I got up to get another one from the fridge, but I heard a weird bubbling sound coming from the can I was holding."

...

"That's not strange at all, Izzy. Soda tends to be carbonated, which usually does cause some bubbling."

"It gets much weirder than that, Hitch. Oh hi, Zipp!"

"Hey, Izzy. Hey, everypony! What's going on?"

"Thank goodness you're finally here, Zipp! Which is typically your thing; being gone and then showing up for no reason in particular, I mean. Anyway, can you please tell Izzy soda that bubbles is normal?"

"Sure, Sunny. Izzy, bubbly soda is normal."

"Completely Norrrmaaal, Izzy."

...

"Hi, Pipp, nice to see you, too. Also, does anypony else find it really... weird when she does that little singing in regular conversations thing?"

"Of course we do, Hitch. But it's part of who she is... and I'm pretty sure if we made her stop she'd lose all sense of personal identity."

"That's not fair, Zipp. She'd still have that whole fashionista thing going for her... Oh and Mane Melody."

"That's only half of who I am, Hitch! Without my popstar diva half I'd... I'd practically just be a carbon copy of Rarity!"

"Rarity designed and made clothes, Pipp."

"I know that, Izzy!"

"That's not even remotely the same as what you do, Sis."

...

"Wait a second, Rarity was the white one, right, Sunny?"

"Yes, Pipp. The unicorn with diamonds for a cutie mark."

"Right, that's what I thought, anyways It'd be like taking away your Sheriff's badge, Hitch."

"Or taking away his ability to communicate with all of the little critters."

"I'd say that's more of a weird quirk than a characteristic, Zipp."

"Fair point, Sunny. But it's his only other distinguishing feature... that isn't a physical trait... or like being distinct because he's the only stallion in our group."

"HEY! At least my thing isn't being completely disagreeable, Your Highness!"

"That's not my thing! There was that entire episode where I said yes for a whole day!"

"That episode was like five minutes long! And you only said yes for half of it! The other half you were still saying no! And besides, you only did it in the first place because Sunny, Pipp, Izzy, and I tricked you into proving us wrong!"

"Keep going! KEEP GOING! NOW YOU GET HIM, ZIPP!"

"Izzy, don't encourage them! You know the magic goes on the fritz when we don't get along with each other!"

"I just need to check on something, Sunny. MISTY! SUNNY SAID STOP BEING WEIRD! SHE KNOWS YOU'RE SPYING ON US FOR OPALINE OUT THERE!"

"WHAT!? NO! I'M NOT DOING THAT! I just really like standing outside of buildings and... looking into windows. PROMISE!"

"I never said that, Izzy?"

"Don't worry, Sunny. This fic takes place before Misty joined the group so she actually IS spying on us."

"I SWEAR, I'M NOT!"

"Wait! She actually is spying on us? GREAT! Now my wings and tail are flickering again."

"WAIT! PERFECT! SEE! IT'S DOING IT! IT'S DOING IT!"

"It's doing what, Izzy?"

"IT'S REFILLING ITSELF, ZIPP! LISTEN!"

...

"That is a pretty weird sound."

"Couldn't it be just a sound though, Pipp? You're not using any magic to do it, are you Izzy?"

"I'm not, Zipp! I promise! That's why I wanted to see if it still worked with the magic going all hokey!"

"Hold on. This doesn't make any sense. Maybe it was full before and it just sounded like it was being filled up again... for some reason."

"If that's really what ya think Pipp, then I'll prove it!"

"IZZY! DON'T POUR SODA ON THE FLOOR!"

"IT MUST BE DONE, HITCH!"

"You could just drink it instead of wasting it, Izzy."

"TOO LATE, SUNNY! NOW WATCH!"

...

...

...

"SEE! IT'S FULL AGAIN!"

"She's... right. It's completely full."

"That can't be, Sunny! Things don't just do that! Let me see that, Izzy!"

"Sure! Here ya go, Zipp."

...

"STOP POURING SODA ON MY FLOOR!"

"I think this is a little more important than the state of the floor around here, Hitch."

"SAY THAT WHEN WE'RE AT THE BRIGHTHOUSE AND NOT MY STATION!"

"Don't worry, Hitch. If it stains, I can get them out later."

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT, PIPP! WHY IS SHE POURING IT IN A CIRCLE!?"

"Okay... so now what? I just uh...?"

"Ya wait, Zipp.'

...

...

...

"Nothing's happening, Izzy."

"That's because you're holding it wrong. Tilt it a little to the side, Zipp."

"Like this?"

"No, move it clockwise."

"Like... like this?"

"No, that's counterclockwise."

"Izzy, that's clockwise."

"It is? I thought clockwise was like this, Sunny."

"Izzy... you're not even turning it. You're just raising and lowering it."

"Yeah... ya know... like a clock, Hitch."

"IZZY!"

"Wait a second! I think it's... I TOLD YOU! SHHHH! LISTEN!"

...

...

...

"It refilled itself."

...

"Zipp... that's not possible."

"Rigggght... I agree, Sis. Hold on, I'll be right back."

"Where's she going?"

"I dunno, Hitch. But it looks like Izzy might actually be telling the truth."

"I AM! Do ya know what this means, Sunny!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF POWER THIS GIVES US!?"

"Literally none. What are we gonna do with it, Izzy? Give all the Pippsqueaks a drink one pony at a time?"

"No, Pipp, you're thinking small. You're thinking waaaay too small!"

"Clearly. Why don't you explain your master plan then?"

"Sure thing, Hitch! Now hear me out before ya say anything... SODA... JACUZZI!"

...

...

...

"That just sounds really... sticky."

"THERE'S A LOT OF STICKY STUFF AT MANE MELODY TOO, PIPP! AND YOU LOVE THAT PLACE!"

"Okay, I got them. Here, each of you take one."

"That was quick. More cans? For what, Zipp?"

"They're from the same case as that one, Sunny. I wanted to see if they could do the same thing."

...

"That makes sense. Let's do it."

"SUNNY, ARE YOU SERIOUS!? WAIT! STOP POURING SOD- PIPP! IZZY, HOW'D YOU GET FOUR CANS!?"

"O-KAY! Mine are empty, Zipp."

"So is miiiine."

"I think we're all done, Zipp."

"Alright, good work, girls! Then let's see..."

"STOP IGNORING ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT'S GONNA TAKE TO GET ALL THESE STAINS OUT!? I'M GOING TO GET A BROOM... I MEAN A MOP! YOU CANT SWEEP UP SODA!"

...

...

...

"Alright! Did anything happen with your cans, Izzy? Did they refill?"

"Nope! How about you, Sunny?"

"'Fraid not. What about you, Pipp?"

"NoOoOooo... Uhm no."

"Huh... Weird. Wait, where'd the can that could do it go?"

"Pretty sure Izzy still has it."

"I DO, SUNNY!"

"So then where is it, Izzy?"

"It's right here? ZIPP!"

...

"IT WAS RIGHT HERE, I SWEAR!"

"You lost it? That could've been used to do some good things for Equestria. How unfortunate... Well, I've got things to do back at the brighthouse."

"WAIT, SUNNY! DON'T GO!"

"That is pretty sad. Oh well, I'm going back to Mane Melody. Lots of work to doooOoOoo."

"NO! NOT YOU, PIPP!"

"Yeah, would've been cool to have, but I guess it's gone now. Later, Izzy."

"NO! NOT YOU TOO, ZIPP! WE HAVE TO FIND IT! IT'S GOT BE AROUND HERE SOMEWHERE! IT'S NOT LIKE SOMEPONY TOOK IT TO AN EVIL ALICORN TO GIVE THEM UNLIMITED POWER! I KNOW IT'S STILL HERE! NO! MY SODA JACUZIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So let me get this straight, Misty. Instead of gathering information on dragonfire or how that earth pony gets her blasted wings and horn you brought me... an empty can of soda?"

"Yes, Opaline. But hear me out, this is different, I swear! Not even Sunny knew how it- NO! DON'T CRUSH IT!"

Author's Note:

This is inspired by a dream I had. I had a can of soda and if I tilted it a certain way it'd just start bubbling and I'd have a whole nother soda. I ran around and showed everybody and drank it like six times.

...

I have weird dreams.

Also, had Opaline used the can she would have conquered the world.

Comments ( 3 )

I'm imagining that the moment this can of soda is crushed, it causes a singularity where carbonation is theoretically infinite, and soda expands forever outwards from it. This was a wonderfully cute story with some funny meta moments and a plot befitting of an episode of G5.

Good work, I can't wait to judge this more thoroughly for the contest!

Have to admit this was a rather funny one-shot. Even including a No Fourth Wall nod to the fact that it is set BEFORE Misty reformed. The downright random humor was quite well done.

11902767
Thank you! Much appreciated! Great theory as well. It is now canon to this story's ending.

11902790
Thanks so much! My sense of humor is kind of out there so it's nice to see someone else enjoy it.

Login or register to comment