• Published 27th Apr 2024
  • 334 Views, 24 Comments

The Anatomy of Aesthetics - AltruistArtist



History recalls Flaire d'Mare as the eminent fashion designer who streamlined the uniforms of the Wonderbolts. She is remembered as a visionary, an icon — a good mare. She wishes she was remembered as a mare who was afraid.

  • ...
2
 24
 334

GLOSSARY

Canonical details sourced from:

  • The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 4, Episode 21: “Testing, Testing 1,2,3.”
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 6, Episode 7: "Newbie Dash."

Flaire d’Mare

  • Flaire d’Mare’s design: Adapted from her appearance in The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook (where she is depicted through Fleur de Lis' character model).
  • Beware the FLAIR: Canonical name of Flaire’s boutique, as seen in The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook.

General Flash

  • Characterization inspired by his profile in The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook.
  • Originator of Wonderbolts motto: Altius Volantis — "Soaring Higher." As seen in "Newbie Dash."

Fairy Flight

  • Characterization inspired by her profile in The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook.

Wonderbolts Uniforms

  • Uniforms featured in Chapter 1: General Flash’s original uniform modeled by Pinkie Pie in “Testing, Testing 1,2,3.”
  • Uniforms featured in Chapter 5: Modeled by General Flash in The Wonderbolts Academy Handbook.
  • Fairy Flight’s Admiralty Uniform: Modeled by Fluttershy in “Testing, Testing 1,2,3.”
Author's Note:

Thank you for reading ✧

Comments ( 4 )
TCC56 #1 · 3 weeks ago · · ·

An absolutely delightful tale. Thank you for sharing it.

I enjoyed this story and I'm glad you wrote it and I read it.

Thank you for writing this wonderful story!

God, what a work of art.

Hi. Heck of an opening, I know. 😂 But very heartfelt and true. I'm Novelle Tale here on FIMFic, and Lost/Lost In Fandom on the Quills & Sofas server. I've been coming around to various Wonderbolts entries to leave Q&S-style feedback.

I loved your story more than I think I can, as yet, fully put into words. It's so rare that we come across a story that makes us feel, and see, and feel felt & seen, the way that this story did for me. I am so happy that through Q&S I have found so many incredibly talented writers, and that the scarcity of finding those stories has shrunk. I am so incredibly grateful that I found your story.

I care so very deeply about storytelling, and I can tell you do too. What you created is a marvel of the written word. Your characterization is incredible. Your worldbuilding is deep. The spaces between your words, the things you don't say in favor of what you do are so pregnant with purpose, so poignant and complex and real.

Your foreshadowing was woven throughout your story like a fine thread: I knew how everything happened before you told us--not because you said anything directly, but because you presented the reader with these imperfect ponies in their imperfect world. For both Fairy and Flaire, heck, for every last character in this piece, you offered the results of their traumas before you gave the cause, and you let the readers' minds percolate, you let them find the tragedy before you ever had to tell us about it. And when you did, it hit all the harder for it.

That's some very fine craftsmanship. I can already tell that this is going to be a story I come back to and re-read again and again. I really adore mentorship, worldbuilding & lore, and gut-punching emotions in the stories I read. You absolutely hit the nail on the head in all three regards & beyond.

I didn't see your name in the Quills & Sofas server, and I don't know if you have any interest in speedwriting. But if you do, I would be overjoyed if you joined and I got the radtacular chance to read more of your writing.

I'm going to go cry a bunch after re-reading Chapter 6 again. 😂

Login or register to comment