• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 2,880 Views, 10 Comments

Just takes a Little Push - Serenity Grace



Pinkie Pie should not be allowed to prank on Hearth's Warming Eve. It always causes a dilemna.

  • ...
5
 10
 2,880

Madness at the Mistletoe

Disclaimer: I own no ponies or this prompt (#209: The Mistletoe or You Better Watch Out), just the writing.

“….Guys, you two can’t just STAND there forever.”

Spike’s rather impolite remark voiced every other pony’s thoughts within the confines of Twilight Sparkle’s library. It was the evening of Hearth’s Warming Eve, and our favorite scientist unicorn had wanted to try and throw her first holiday party in place of Pinkie Pie this year. Pinkie Pie WOULD have thrown another amazing Hearth’s Warming Bash…

But the ‘Fruit Cake’ incident this morning prevented that…nobody would ever speak of it again.

So, with Pinkie’s help (you couldn’t just not LET Pinkie Pie help with a party), Rarity’s decorating tips and Applejack’s many different treats and drinks from her farm, Twilight was able to throw a pretty festive shindig. Even Vinyl Scratch was able to show up (though it took a few hours to push her entire DJ station into the small and cramped treehouse), playing a few of her favorite holiday music pieces to liven up the atmosphere. A new song was currently playing, now with a particular female’s vocals flowing through the ears of every listening pony. But, at the given time…there was something far more amusing to put all attention towards.

Two rather anxious ponies stood horizontal of each other, Pegasi to be exact. Their eyes were glued to one another, one filled with intense fear and the other with just aggravation.

Why in the world would they be so filled with negative emotions, you ask? ….Have YOU ever been forced under a mistletoe by who you thought was your best friend?

“…..” Fluttershy felt like she was going to be sick, her face twisting with more nervousness then it ever had before. Meanwhile…her oldest friend looked like she was about to punch something right in the muzzle.

Namely, Pinkie Pie.

“Come ONNNNNNN you two, sooner or later you’re going to have to do it~ It’s the ruleees!!!” The said party planner and all around prankster grinned, a malicious yet excited glint in her eyes. Rainbow Dash only growled back in return.

“You just wait Pinkie! Your days are NUMBERED after tonight! NUMBERED!”

“IT’S TOTALLY WORTH IT!” The magenta earth pony giggled in delight, holding her fishing pole tighter between her hooves, wiggling that dreaded yet sweet smelling sprig teasingly over the heads of the two childhood friends.

“….I…I don’t know…” The cream colored female muttered shakily, averting her teal orbs to the side. It wasn’t like that she wouldn’t MIND kissing Rainbow Dash, though she wasn’t entirely sure if she liked mares that way. It was just that it would be her first kiss. Her first ACTUAL kiss from anypony, for that matter. It might be a harmless joke to Pinkie Pie and a complete bother to Rainbow Dash, but this was a deep and personal struggle for the poor Pegasus, and she disliked it more and more as the time ticked on.

Rainbow Dash was just angry, angrier then when her Wonderbolts poster was stolen at Summer Flight Camp by some chump! Not only did Fluttershy look like she needed to lie down (or find a bucket to barf in), this was just humiliating! If she was going to kiss her, it wouldn’t be with everybody staring and that pink ‘traitor’ smiling like a maniac.

….Not that she WOULD kiss Fluttershy or anything. Of course not…that was just stupid.

“I’m not exactly a fan of Pinkie’s pranks…” Applejack disrupted both of the pony’s thoughts, a smirk on her muzzle, “But this IS pretty funny…RD, you look like you’re about to turn into a bright red apple.”

“S-Shut up….” The cyan Pegasus muttered as Fluttershy felt more heat flush into her cheeks, hiding beneath her soft pink mane and pretending that she was in her ‘happy place’.

“Dear, it really will be alright…” Rarity started, standing next to Twilight as both unicorns were trying to hold back their giggles. “All you need to do is give her one little peck and then it’s all finished. We can forget all about it.”

“I sure won’t though~” Pinkie added in with a giggle, hoofing over a camera that was around her neck. Rainbow Dash only glared more, her anger now dead set on the evil creature before her.

“Pinkie, if you…even…DARE….”

“You knooooow….” Vinyl Scratch grinned, making all pony’s attentions turn right to the musician herself. “If it REALLY bothers you that bad Dash….I could kiss Flutters in your place!” Fluttershy blushed at the comment, squeaking a bit in response.

….That did it. A cyan hoof was slammed down into the wooden floor.

“DON’T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING A HOOF ON HER!” Rainbow Dash angrily exclaimed to the smirking DJ, making everypony currently crowding around them gape like fishes, Fluttershy’s eyes widening like saucers in complete shock over the outburst. The rainbow maned Pegasus, realizing what she had just said, snarled and glanced away. “I don’t need this….” She muttered, and walked out of the library as quickly as possible, slamming the door behind her.

“…..That went well,” Twilight Sparkle said with a soft sigh and Pinkie Pie gasped, her eyes glazing over with tears.

“I…I didn’t mean for Dashie to get so maaaaad! F-Fluttershy, I’m sorry! I-I just thought it would be cute a-and v-very sweet and..and….”

“I…It’s okay…” Fluttershy tenderly smiled at her younger friend, walking towards her and giving the shaking party planner an affectionate nuzzle, “I-I know you didn’t mean any harm by it…t-though next time, m-maybe you shouldn’t be so forceful?”

Pinkie Pie teared up more at her friend’s overwhelming kindness, and threw her hooves around her tightly, sobbing. Fluttershy only smiled and lightly rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

Vinyl Scratch, in the meanwhile, smirked a bit more and turned up her music, keeping her eyes on the door and on the two hugging mares.

“You’ll thank me for this later, my little Trance…”

…..

The party was beginning to wind down, and Fluttershy had finished saying her goodbyes. After that rather embarrassing event and convincing Pinkie Pie that she was not a horrible demon seed sent to destroy her innocent soul (or that she did not have to go into Witness Protection to hide from Rainbow Dash’s wrath), the poor Pegasus was rather tired. She began to turn towards the street that led to her home, preparing for a nice and relaxing stroll to end her Hearth’s Warming Eve.

“Fluttershy!!!!”

…Did..someone just call her name?

“…R-Rainbow Dash?” Fluttershy slowly glanced towards where the familiar voice had come from to see that her suspicions were correct. “…I…thought you left…”

“…I…I did…but…see…I…..” The cyan Pegasus looked nervous, nail bitingly scared even. The cream colored mare, now a bit puzzled from her friend’s body language, slowly stepped forward.

“…Is…everything okay?”

“I….well….I……” The winged pony stuttered again, beginning to curse inside her head as she began to rub a hoof sheepishly at her already messy multi colored mane, glancing to the side. “I…just…wanted to…”

“….Wanted to….?”

“…..Oh, to hay with it!!!!” Without any warning whatsoever, Rainbow Dash leaped towards Fluttershy and grabbed her by the head, kissing the other’s muzzle roughly, not allowing the now petrified Pegasus to get any word or reaction in edgewise. Without so much as a good bye, the now flustered Rainbow Dash pushed her childhood friend away and took to the skies, disappearing through the clouds.

“……..” Fluttershy could only stare up after her disappearing form, eyes widened and a deep red blush across her cheeks, her hoof slowly tracing over the area where she had just been kissed.

“Heh, she changed her mind earlier then I thought…”

The sound of Vinyl Scratch’s thoroughly amused voice snapped Fluttershy out of her daydreaming thoughts, causing her to turn with a slight gasp.

“H-Huh?”

“Dash seems like some stubborn jackass who doesn’t really care about anyone but herself…but deep down, the last thing she would want is ANYONE taking ‘her girl’s’ first kiss,” the DJ unicorn grinned, leaning part of her body against a tree. “Not like she would ever admit it…she just needed one little push.”

“…..” The yellow Pegasus glanced at the ground for a moment, and Vinyl only smirked.

“Maybe soon, you’ll need that push as well…” she added in with a cryptic tone, before turning on her hind hoof and walking towards her house.

“I’ll catch you later, my favorite songstress~”

Fluttershy could only stare after the musician and her ‘partner’ for a moment, glance back up at the skies…and proceed to walk home. She had a feeling that Rainbow Dash wouldn’t be talking to her for awhile…but that was okay.

A shy smile came across her muzzle.

-end-

Author's Note:

Sooooo for this round, we were allowed to pick either: "Under the Mistletoe" or "You better watch out". I was torn between doing a sort of-sequel to my last story, but then this cute idea popped into my head and I just could NOT pass it up! (This somewhat ties in with "Missing Piece", where Fluttershy becomes Vinyl's vocalist: Trance. I did want to do a little continuation to my previous story from last night, but I figured something a little light hearted would be better, due to the holiday spirit and all. :) I hope you all enjoy, and please don't forget to favorite, like and comment! No flames though, that would be rude. If you have some criticism, that's fine. Merry Christmas!

Comments ( 10 )

"The cream colored male muttered "

I'm pretty sure Fluttershy ain't a male...:derpytongue2:

1855077 Gosh darn it, how did I miss that!? XD Thank you for pointing that out, I'll fix it right away!

Nice and cute, if a bit short. Grammar was decent, plot was nice if slightly predictable. The one criticism I have is your tendency for ellipses vomit. Try to tone them down a bit.

1855119 :) Thank you kindly. Yes, I agree that I have that habit in almost all of my writing...^^; I'll do my best to improve that.

Dwwwwaaaaaaw *melts from an over abundence of feels*

1887086 IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeelting ! Too much D'awww! :rainbowlaugh:

Man, I was hoping the story would end with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash ending up

“Dash seems like some stubborn jackass who doesn’t really care about anyone but herself…but deep down, the last thing she would want is ANYONE taking ‘her girl’s’ first kiss,” the DJ unicorn grinned, leaning part of her body against a tree. “Not like she would ever admit it…she just needed one little push.”

That was such an amazing paragraph, I think You did a great job on Vinyl Scratch's character in this. Good Job

Login or register to comment