• Published 20th May 2024
  • 354 Views, 13 Comments

The Dragon Sword Master of Canterlot Academy - GoebelTron



A young man gets stabbed trying to protect some of his childhood friends. However, he wakes up in the body of a child, in a world of magic and swords, proximately into the distant future.

  • ...
2
 13
 354

Reincarnated in a New World, Part 1

One night, in the streets of San Francisco, a boy with black hair was walking down the street. He was also on his phone while waiting for traffic. His name was Cedric Draco.

‘Man… I’m hungry. Guess I’ll need to figure that out front here on out,’ he said to himself.

As he got closer, the doors to the convenience store burst open, revealing screaming people who were panicking about something, which caused Cedric to put his phone down. He was suddenly able to understand the people running and screaming but two girls tripped over past him, and embrace themselves.

Suddenly, the crook came out with a gun, and a bag full of cash he stole. “You little bitches!” he said angrily, pointing the gun at them, startling the two girls. “I’ve got you now. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, ladies!” The girls screamed as they held onto each other.

“Hey! Lay off!” Cedric said, running towards the crook, and throwing him down on the ground, before he turned to the two girls. “Go on! Get out of here while I still keep him-!” He was suddenly cut off by a painful feeling on his body, before two drops of blood dripped onto the ground. The crook then got up and got away with the money.

The two girls got up and ran over to Cedric.

“Hey! Are you okay?!” one asked, before they turned one side of him over, revealing that Cedric had been stabbed in the gut, which made them gasp.

‘Thank goodness they’re safe… but it sounds like I made them cry… So what do I do? Do I just lay here and die?’

The two girls began to cry while kneeling over Cedric’s dead body, as the owner of the store ran back inside and called an ambulance and the police, before everything faded black as the echoing sound of sirens would appear.


Canterlot, 500 AD

Years ago, throughout the Dark Ages, when the Castle of the High Thrones was formed, and before the war with the Thracians, there was Canterlot.

The sun shone over the Castle of Canterlot, which belonged to the High Kings and Queens, who sat around a big round table.

One of the first self-governing people that ever existed, Canterlot was a center of power and enlightenment. For many centuries, they thrived.

The establishment of the kingdom ended abruptly as the kingdom then fell into chaos.

But then…

Soldiers from another kingdom were shown driving away innocent civilians and burning many of their homes, while the soldiers who lived with the civilians managed to protect them, while a lot not prevailed. From out of nowhere, an ascendant tyrant watched the subjugation of the people from the palace’s balcony, which is where he slaughtered the high kings and queens of Canterlot, but had one prisoner, the princess of Canterlot, daughter of the king and queen.

…came King Zodiac. Using his army to seize power, along with the kingdom’s army, Zodiac became a tyrant. But he had even darker ambitions. Obsessed with dark magic and powerful sorcery, Zodiac’s real goal was to rule for eternity, except he had one problem. He couldn’t stop growing old. So he needed something that would help him bestowed with the powers of invincibility and immortality, until he discovered the secret behind one magical artifact that could assist his tyrannical regime: the Crown of Eternal Calamity.

The book’s pages showed the Crown’s description. It was dark, full of evil, and glowed in two colors, based on his vision: greenish blue in “standby mode”, and pinkish red whenever used.

If infused with the powers of invincibility and immortality, but along with the many demons of the ancient world, it would make Zodiac unstoppable.

Forced into slavery by Zodiac and subjected into harsh labor conditions, the people of Canterlot worked their normal lives in a daily basis if they wanted to avoid being punished by the king, while some others toiled daily in many underground mines, and the rest were compelled to work on various construction projects, including building cities, fortifications, and monuments for Zodiac’s rule, their skins grey and pale from all the dust and ash clinging to their sweaty, worn out flesh.

To make the crown, he needed Eternium. A rare mineral of many magical properties, which can be found in many mines of Canterlot. So he enslaved his own people into many harsh labor conditions, which involved many construction projects that would expand the kingdom in his own image, including newer cities, statues, and monuments, while the other ones were forced to dig for the mineral.

One of the mine slaves, Gibbon, dug deep into the solid rock until he came across a sparkling greenish blue lump. The much desired mineral, Eternium. Triumphant, he raises his hand into the air.

“Eternium,” he said.

Gibbon immediately covered his hand and ceased to rejoice, seeing how he’s sparked interest. But it was too late. The other slaves surrounded and encircled him, reaching out their hands towards his Eternium lump, clawing at the precious nugget.

“Eternium. Eternium.”

Canterlot was teetering on the brink of despair, chaos and suffering. What they needed…

A young boy, who looked more like a young adult, stepped into the fray, defending the old man, “Get off him! Get off him!”

The slaves, intimidated by his forceful commands, backed off and stepped away from Gibbon.

…was a hero. One however believed in hope, faith, and justice. Leonidas Magnus.

“Why are we fighting each other? Remember who our real enemy is!” he said, and then turned to Gibbon. “Come with me.”

Leonidas took Gibbon to the outpost, where one of the King’s supervisors oversee the mining procedure.

“Look. Eternium,” Gibbon said, handing the lump over to the supervisor in front of him.

“Let me see that,” the supervisor said. He raises the clump into the air and assesses the value. It was indeed Eternium. “The king thanks you.”

“He’s supposed to reward him,” Leonidas defiantly said.

The supervisor glanced at the “lucky” slave. “Is that right?”

Gibbon nodded while gesturing with his arms in an apologetic manner. “I want what I’m owed.”

The supervisor gestures at the old man, and they both go to a sharp turbot from which the mines are clearly visible.

“You want a reward?” the supervisor asked.

Leonidas watched, slightly smiling, hopeful. But the supervisor drew his sword and stabbed Gibbon with it, much to the Leonidas’s and other slaves’ dismay.

“The king thanks you for your service,” the supervisor said.

Having said that, he let go of the poor fella and casted him off the turbot. Gibbon fell to his death. Leonidas was so distraught over this, the supervisor rushed towards him with a devilish grin on his face.

“You want the king’s reward too?”

An older man came just in time, taking a stand between the young slave and the supervisor.

“No, but my son accepts the king’s mercy,” he said.

He then escorted the boy out of the warden’s sight, who was very clearly busy cleaning the dusty Eternium lump now. Both Leonidas and his father went to another turbot to have a talk.

“You know I won’t always be here to protect you,” he said.

“I don’t need protection. I want to be free. If we fight together, we could overthrow the king,” Leonidas said.

“Let someone else be the hero… the graveyards are full of them. Stop dreaming and go back to work,” his father said, until he then turned and began walking away. Leonidas looked at his toiling, suffering compatriots with great compassion.

Someone to hold the hopes of the people. Even when all hope seems lost.

Leonidas, turning towards his leaving father, still wouldn’t give up, “If we had more heroes… then maybe our freedom wouldn’t be a dream!”

Leonidas then went back to work, but he still wouldn’t give up hope.

He ran to the supervisor, stole the Eternium lump from him, and began to run up a hill where he could be seen by most slaves.

“Freedom! Justice!”

The young man managed to hold off the king's men by throwing some stones at them. He got to the top of the hill and presented the Eternium lump to the crowd while holding his arm up in a sign of justice and freedom, giving people the chance to believe in hope and faith. The others follow his example and soon the entire mine is full of cheers and yells. The boy smiles, knowing a spark had been ignited.

King Zodiac knew that this spark could quickly ignite a fire. And so he ordered that it be snuffed out. But one figure saw that it would be a sign of something that could help their prayers. Princess Roselia.

From above the balcony of her bedroom, Princess Roselia watched how much confidence and determination the boy had, so she thought it’d be best to help him save her people and overthrow the evil king.


The next day, the guards set up the stage for the boy's execution, but expected to commence at dawn.

But at a terrible cost, they arrested not only the boy, but his family as well. Until the king sentenced Leonidas to death for treason.

“Wake up! Wake up!” a voice said.

His eyes opened until he saw a sight of beauty in front of him: Princess Roselia.

“Princess Roselia?” Leonidas asked.

“I’m sorry this happened to you,” Roselia said.

“It’s not my problem. What do you want anyway, without being rude?” Leonidas asked.

“I’m here to rescue you and your family,” Roselia said, as she helped him remove his shackles until she did his parents, and then his three youngest sisters and two younger brothers.

“Go! Don’t let King Zodiac see you or your folks,” Roselia said.

“Hey! Who opened the gate?!” a guard asked.

“Someone’s broken in here! Get down there and take care of it!” another guard said, until yells and footsteps approached.

“Someone’s coming! Go! I’ll hold them off!” Roselia said.

“But… Princess Roselia,” Leonidas said.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine,” Roselia said, until she gave him a quick hug and kiss on the forehead.

Leonidas thought for a moment, “No, I need you to take care of my family. I’m not giving up hope.”

“Then take this. There should be something at the top of the mountain. I don’t know what it is, but it should help you defeat the king. Hurry!” Roselia said, as she and Leonidas’ family ran from the dungeon and back to their barn while Leonidas took a horse and rode off to the forest.

Upon his venture through the forest, Leonidas discovered that there were many other places that were full of magic. His discovery began in a tomb of a forgotten legend throughout history.

As he arrived at the cave, in the Enchanted Forest, Leonidas somehow found himself in an ancient tomb surrounded by many hieroglyphs and ancient scriptures.

But he suddenly stopped at what looked like a pedestal holding what looked like a scepter. It possessed a straight and black rod with a spherical gray and yellow orb on both ends, a sharp purple pommel on its bottom sphere, and what looked like four tips whose outer side had a tiny blue, yellow, green and violet gem embedded in it. Also, on the middle of the tips, right above the rod's end, was a light blue orb.

Luckily, he found the Bloodstone Scepter, an ancient mystical artifact of power, which is compared to many arcane and divine sorcery but also contains the might of a dragon. Once he grasped it, the power of the scepter already fused with his own blood.


Back at the castle, King Zodiac’s servant running through the palace with the Crown of Eternal Calamity, desperate to deliver it to the monarch as fast as possible.

Leonidas’ family got caught again, and Roselia as well.

“Hurry. Give it to me!” King Zodiac said.

But the crown had already been completed.

“Give it to me,” King Zodiac said.

Suddenly, the doors banged open and Leonidas came, but he was wearing godlike armor and wielding the staff, and carried a black and gold cloak with a gold clip with a red gem on one side.

“DROP THAT CROWN!” his voice hollered.

And when Leonidas arrived at the palace to challenge him…

Leonias indeed did arrive, strong, imposing, brimming with power of determination. In the same moment, Zodiac donned the crown. Its gleam shifts from azure blue to bloody pinkish red.

King Zodiac summoned its demonic power. In the ensuing battle, the champion was victorious. The Crown of Eternal Calamity was destroyed in the battle… making a huge relief so that it would never again fall into the hands of man, and King Zodiac was vanquished. And after many victories over the past few decades, the legendary warrior Leonidas, champion of Canterlot, was never heard from again. But someday he would return, and all would respect his powerful spirit of justice. It has been said through the ages by Leonidas, that without sacrifice, there can be no victory.


CANTERLOT, PRESENT DAY

1,500 years later

Today, the outskirts of Canterlot, where the outside world is forbidden for exploration, is occupied by many monstrous creatures that occur from the depths of pure darkness. Except we have international security and navy forces, the latest in a series of advanced technology, tactical weapons, and military operations in our city. Except we’ve been developing in many ways of wielding sacred swords and divine magic.

Deep in the forest, a trio of teenage girls wearing matching uniforms arrived near the top of the mountain. The outfits were a combination of charcoal gray blazers with light gray sleeveless cardigan vests and grayish purple blazer vests, along with white blouses with black bow ties, and grayish purplish blue pleaded skirts.

The first had long dark sapphire blue hair with moderate purple and brilliant raspberry streaks, but also had a purple star with white outer tips and a purple geode in the center, and moderate violet eyes. Along with her uniform was a set of black nylon thigh high socks with garter straps and black Mary Janes heels. Her name was Twilight Sparkle.

The second girl had vivid crimson curly hair with brilliant yellow fiery stripes, and moderate cyan eyes. She also wore beige colored nylon thigh high socks and a set of double strapped heels in copper brown. Her name was Sunset Shimmer.

The third girl had moderate purple curled hair with lighter purple and pale light grayish aquamarine highlights and moderate persian blue eyes. Her footwear was a set of black nylon pantyhose and black loafers. Her name was Starlight Glimmer.

“Are you sure about this?” Sunset asked.

“The inscriptions we found are clear. And I’m positive about that translation. There is something inside that mountain,” Twilight said.

“What if it really is a Terror Void nest? Then what? It’s like a huge wasp nest or beehive full of monsters,” Starlight said.

“I can relate to that,” Sunset said. “But I think it was something else Twilight found out.”

“It’s actually the burial place of one source of ultimate power: the Bloodstone Scepter,” Twilight said. “We can’t let that scepter fall into the wrong hands, so we’ll have to take it to Canterlot with us and make sure it goes to a safer place rather than here.”

“I hope you’re right,” Starlight said.

Until they made it to their destination, which was a cave, as Sunset and Starlight started admiring the mountain's immense size.

“This is it?” Starlight asked.

“Not yet,” Twilight said, as the group began moving towards the mountain. “Let’s go.”

Our brave explorers soon entered the heart of the mountain. They began investigating its dark passages, with Twilight leading the march.

“This way. Almost there,” she said.

They then entered the cave and began to discover the columns and tunnels of the place, which looked like they were in some ancient tomb.

“Okay, let’s go over the mission again. According to the latest info from my intel, this is what happens to be some sort of underground ruins of some kind of ancient temple that was discovered after the earthquake and could be a very possible place for a Terror Void nest, but if what you said about it hiding the Bloodstone Scepter, then I’m with you,” Starlight said, reading from her journal. “And I might suggest that self defense to be the only form of combat allowed, if necessary.”

“Got it,” Twilight said. “Then let’s get this investigation underway.”

Twilight then activated her radiation scanner and began to scan for thermal radiation for any Terror Void activity.

“Looks like there’s no magical anomalies of any suspicious Terror Void activity,” Twilight said.

“Uhh… Twilight, let’s try not to get too carried away. Because it’s gonna be a little bit more difficult if we ended up in the middle of nowhere,” Sunset said.

“Sunset, Terror Voids typically appear from underground ruins, but are typically nocturnal monsters meaning they can also appear at night. We can’t just let them run wild during the nighttime,” Twilight said. “Besides, I just want to get that scepter to safety.”

She then saw some ancient inscriptions written on the stones, until she read them out loud.

“Men were given the gift of magic, but their hearts were too easily corrupted.”

She stopped as soon as she heard some suspicious sounds in the distance. Starlight gestured at the inscriptions.

”You might wanna keep reading,” she said, allowing Twilight to continue.

“The source of ultimate power was taken from the earth and hidden… here.” Until now,” Twilight said.

The three girls advanced through the dark corridors.

“This mountain has kept the Bloodstone Scepter safe for 1,500 years,” Sunset said.

“I’d probably say we’re 100 percent, totally, no take-backs certain that we want to move it?” Starlight asked.

“We don’t have a choice,” Twilight said.

They suddenly heard rocks tumbling from the distance, startling them. They stopped and saw many debris of statues of knights, and gargoyles, except some were shaped like dragons.

“What are these things? Statues?” Sunset asked.

“I think so, except some of the gargoyles look like dragons, but the rest are pretty much the same,” Starlight said.

“According to legend, dragons are symbolized as beings of majestic significance and might. While the rest of them probably symbolize their presence with the deceased,” Twilight explained.

“Almost makes you wonder who they buried underneath this place nearby, huh?” Sunset asked.

Twilight reads the inscriptions of the stone quietly. A voice behind her reads it out loud.

“Turn back,” Starlight said.

Twilight quickly turns, jump-scared, but it is just Starlight.

“That’s what it says, right?” Starlight asked, as Twilight nodded.

“Don’t… ever do that to me again,” Twilight said, trying to catch her breath.

“Sorry,” Starlight said.

They then advanced further down below, until they reached two big wooden doors in front of them.

“You sure this the way to the scepter?” Starlight asked.

“I think so. Because these readings are off the meter,” Twilight said, as her scanner was tracking more magical radiation.

Sunset and Starlight tried busting it open, but they stopped and looked at what appeared to be latched bars made of stone and a portcullis made of impenetrable metal, and some gears made of stone and metal.

“Maybe we should just bust it down or something?” Starlight asked, making a suggestion.

“Wait, hold on. What do you think these mean?” Twilight said, looking at the inscriptions on the stone. “Beware what lies ahead, or face the doom that awaits you eternally.”

“I think me and Sunset will go this way, and check for more interesting stuff,” Starlight said, nervously pointing at another direction.

“Okay, sounds good to me,” Twilight said, distracted by the inscription.

Sunset and Starlight then went to investigate the other side while Twilight kept looking at the inscription on the door.

She then thought of something inside her head, “Hmm… I feel like I’ve seen these before, but where?”

She then touched the stone panel, before it reacted to her touch as the walls began to crumble, and then the locking mechanism on the doors began to move aside so that Twilight could go through the door.

Unexpectedly, the roof began crumbling down onto where Twilight was, until she got out of the way before it could crush her, but Starlight and Sunset were on the other side.

Sunset and Starlight were coughing from the dust and ash.

Twilight could suddenly hear Sunset’s voice.

“Twilight! Twilight!”

Twilight looked from the rubble and saw Starlight and Sunset from behind the rubble, “Sunset! Starlight, are you two okay down there?!”

“We’re fine!” Starlight said. “What the hell was that anyway?”

“It might’ve been a reaction to the door’s mechanism’s movement,” Sunset answered.

“So what do we do now?” Starlight asked.

“Okay, you and Sunset see if you can find another way around or a way out of here. I’ll go on ahead and look,” Twilight replied.

“Okay! But be careful!” Sunset said.

“You too!” Twilight said, as she slid down from the rubble on the bottom of her heels, and then continued forward.

“We should probably start looking for another route,” Starlight said, as she and Sunset started heading to another direction for a way to reach their friend.


As Twilight continued onward, she began to view some of the hieroglyphs and inscriptions of every wall she felt familiar with, but couldn’t remember where it came from.

Suddenly, she stopped and saw six torches of blue fire light up, and then regular flames geysered upwards, lighting up the rest of the area, before she found herself in a vast, dimly lit chamber that exuded an eerie, yet majestic ambiance. The cavernous room was illuminated by soft, otherworldly blue light emanating from the walls, which were embedded with veins of glowing rock, lava, water and crystals. Stalactites and stalagmites, dripping with crystalline formations, added to the otherworldly feel.

The floor was made of polished stone, etched with ancient symbols and patterns that seem to pulse with a life of their own. The chamber was dominated by enormous statues of long-forgotten warriors, each holding a different pose of vigilance and honor. These statues were partially covered in moss and vines, adding to the ancient and forgotten aura of the tomb.

“It’s a tomb,” Twilight said, feeling amazed at the sight in her eyes.

She then moved to an even lower part of the room. It had no roof, but rather a gaping hole that brought some light into it.

But suddenly, she stopped. At the heart of the chamber stood a raised platform, accessible by a series of wide, shallow steps. On this platform lied the centerpiece of the tomb: a massive crystal that was made of dark, translucent crystals that pulsed with a deep, inner light.

Four massive statues of armored guardians kneel at the corners of the platform, their heads bowed in eternal vigilance. These statues hold flaming torches that cast flickering shadows across the chamber, adding to the mystical atmosphere.

“What in the world is that thing?” Twilight asked, as she got closer before her scanner died out.

“A counter failure. Why’d you have to break now?” Twilight said, feeling disappointed at her now useless tech. She then went to get a closer look before reaching her hand out, but all of a sudden… bump!

“Oof!” Twilight said, landing on her butt, but got back up to find out what she bumped into. She then touched it again, before looking at an invisible barrier along with a large symbol.

“A spell seal within an invisible barrier? But how?” Twilight asked, until she looked at the ground and all around. Around the crystal, intricate runes are carved into the stone, glowing faintly and creating a protective barrier.

“Oh, so that’s what it does. But I wonder what it’s hiding, unless if the Bloodstone Scepter’s in there. Better find out,” Twilight said.

She looked down on the inscriptions on the floor beneath her, glowing in cyan light. She began reading as the gaps in the inscriptions filled with teal light, forming a quadrangle of sorts.

“In shadows veiled, in magic sealed,
Awaken now, thy fate revealed.
By words of old, thy essence free,
From crystal grasp, emerge to be.”

As she read it, the glowing quadrangle was complete, until the crystal was immediately struck by lightning which descended through the hole in the roof. It blew her away and turned the floor into glass, crumbling the crystal into shards.

As she coughed the dust out, and then stood back up, she looked and saw what was now in front of her: a rectangular box with some sort of decorative Celtic carvings and ancient hieroglyphs. She got closer to the tomb, and carefully pushed the lid out of the way until she saw a sarcophagus of some sort, before she heard a faint sound of breathing, before it revealed the sound of groaning.

“Someone’s inside the sarcophagus,” she said, feeling concerned. “I have to help them.” She then looked at a puzzle box key lock which could only be opened by the key that matched the mechanism.

“Huh… it looks like it needs a key or something to open this,” Twilight said, until she began to look for the key.

But suddenly, she saw the key was next to one of the columns where one of the statues stood, which was a octagonal shaped box.

“Ah! Here it is,” she said, before heading back to the sarcophagus and by using the key, after popping it open, twisted the lock left, which unlocked it after hearing a click, and after opening the lid, she saw another sarcophagus inside, which she used the key on again.

But as she opened the lid, she saw a hand raise upwards, scaring her as she screamed but tripped deeply the stairs, knocking her unconscious for a few seconds.

But as she laid there, a mysterious figure in some sort of black hooded cloak with gold ancient decals approached her.

“Miss? Are you okay?” the voice asked.

Twilight opened her eyes and looked at the person looking at her.

“You’re not hurt, are you?” he asked again. “Let me help you up.”

“Hey, wait a minute… How did a child end up in a place like this?” Twilight asked.

“What? Child?” the voice asked, looking at his hand, which was a child’s hand. He then looked at the shattered crystal piece, until his reflection revealed itself: the sight of a young boy with green hair and green eyes, but wearing a blood stained tunic that was too big for him, baggy torn shorts that revealed himself to be barefoot, and a huge hooded black cloak with gold decals on the edges, and a gold clip with a red gem in the center.

“What the?! What the hell happened to me?!” the boy asked.

“Hey, how did you end up in that tomb?” Twilight asked, until looking at her made the boy feel nervously uncomfortable in some way.

“I honestly have no idea,” he replied.

“Are you injured?” Twilight asked, touching the boy’s sides to check for injuries.

“I don’t think so. I feel fine, probably,” the boy said.

“I’m guessing the explosion might’ve made your memory all fuzzy, huh?” Twilight asked.

“No, not really,” the boy said. “Except all I remember was something about a painful feeling, and everything going all black and white, but then nothing! I can’t remember a thing past that!”

‘Uh-oh… sounds like he has some small brain damage, possibly a small case of amnesia or something,’ Twilight said to herself.

“Oh, man! I’m so confused! What am I gonna do?! What can I do?! Why am I a kid again?! How did I end up here?! Where do I go from here?! What’ll I-”

The boy was cut off from a pair of arms hugging him, which was Twilight wrapping her arms around him for an embrace, before he felt his face gently smothered into her bosom. “Shhhh… you’re going to be alright now. Big sister will keep you safe. I promise,” she said, stroking his hair.

He was shocked but confused about what she was doing, but suddenly after a few seconds, felt calm and relaxed. ‘Wow… this is a really nice feeling. I kinda feel relaxed already… Now I’m dozing off…’ he thought to himself, as he enjoyed the softness of her rack, before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

Well, this is the first chapter. Sorry it took so long. I just didn’t know how long it would take.

Maybe in part 2, we’ll find out what happens next.