• Published 16th Jan 2024
  • 398 Views, 21 Comments

Equestria of Universal Equality - Communist_Egor



This is the story of Starlight Glimmer and her Socialist Revolution in Equestria.

  • ...
15
 21
 398

Will socialism come to Equestria through civil war or peacefully?

Author's Note:

Attention, dear readers! This is a temporary poll chapter to get your opinion on what developments you want to see. So be sure to leave your review for this chapter.
Voting time: from three days to a week, depending on the asset. The poll is also conducted on ficbook, the voting results are summarized.

So, dear readers! As you know from the tags, I am planning to unleash a civil war in Equestria between the communists and the Daybreaker, who has awakened due to a combination of unfavorable external and internal circumstances. But one comrade suggested that I consider the peaceful arrival of socialism in Equestria thanks to the fact that Starlight would work through propaganda and promote the ideas of socialism using the example of her village-commune, enlisting the support of first the Princess of Friendship, and then her mentor. Unlike the first scenario, the peaceful version of the story will focus on Starlight's socialist reforms and her new approach to security, which will prevent future attacks from villains. In general, I'm not against both approaches to history, but I'm interested in hearing your opinion. Feedback with explanations of your choice is welcome.

So, I'm waiting for your answer to the question: do you want to see the Equestria of Universal Equality fanfiction as:

a) a story about a civil war due to the internal and external problems of Equestria;

b) the story of the construction of heaven on earth thanks to the cooperation between Starlight and the princesses.

I'm waiting for your answers!

P.S. If you choose the second option, the first chapters will be rewritten, and tags corresponding to gore, death and violence will be removed.

Comments ( 9 )

A
I personally would like to see A tho i am aware it's hard to write.
B could be interesting too but as an EAW fan I lean towards A.

B,
In my opinion, a social revolution can only be achieved with the support of the people, a civil war can only make things worse and make everyone believe that your ideas rely on violence instead of peace, violence should be the final solution or even not be an option as well

I think coop would be cool, but make it harder due to factionalism. After all, she turn everyone in her town into powerful beings. Some group of them would want to “build” socialism by their own way

11810979
Alicornization of ponies using Starlight's method does not add powerful magic to them, moreover, if the peaceful option is chosen, it will be canceled due to unnecessaryness, since Starlight considers the army of alicorns as a weapon against the princesses if they abandon socialism. But I will take note of the idea about factions in the Communist Party.

The realistic one is A, I'd like to think that Celestia and Luna are good people, so I'd like B, but I think the funniest and most plausible idea is to start with A and end with B

This is literally you.

If you from the get-go say I am a communist and this is a pro-communist piece of work, people will inevitably set up their mental defenses.

Though I am not saying it is a bad thing, being so open. I am guilty of that myself. I am of the believe all media is inherently political and I do enjoy my occasionally overtly political works. There’s just some problems with overtly political fiction. It needs to be entertaining. And preaching to your readers bores them, and if they are bored they won’t continue to read. If they want to get preached to, they would just pick up State and Revolution and look at it from the source. Making an entertaining work that makes your readers think is hard, but it’s the only way to make something like this last.

Let’s look at Lovecraft for example. Lovecraft was a huge racist. But he also was a good writer. If you read his work, you wouldn’t notice the xenophobic, individualistic messaging behind it in the first reading. It’s insidious, but entertaining. His work isn’t overtly political, but you get the idea.

Now, I don’t expect the highest quality of a fanfiction and translation. It’s unpaid work after all. And if you’re just working on your hobby that’s alright too. However, if you want to write something that reaches someone who isn’t already sympathetic to communist ideals, you should always keep the story in mind. Make interesting characters, motivations, plot, prosa and so on.


Personally, your describing of the world is lacking. Apply the principle ‘show, don’t tell’ a bit more.

11863339
Thanks for your feedback! I already realized that my story is more reminiscent of revolutionary propaganda than an alternative view of Starlight Glimmer as a communist. That's why I'm going to rewrite the first chapters, focusing more on plot and characters than politics.

Login or register to comment