The Writers' Group 9,330 members · 56,813 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So what would be your stab at writing a story with this event in mind?

Something about the apple Family in ponyville as well as their extended family beyond experiencing a "Cider Blight" that ravages their apple farms across Equestria. This is meant to be based on the Great French wine blight which occurred in the mid 19th century.

Like how would the Apple Family react to the blight and what would be they and their friend's efforts to save their apple farms from complete ruin by this blight? Especially when, like the wine blight, it's discovered that aphids are what's ruining their apple trees.

I previously thought of something like this for a fanfic (Applejack against the Zakarinolpaquios) but it seemed like a very recurring theme so I left it aside.

Looks cool. But I'll need more experience before tackling a project like that.

Well for one thing I'd personally do is drop the comparisons to the wine blight aside from the fact that you can get beverages from wine and apples. Apple blight, AKA fire blight is a very real thing, but it doesn't operate in the same way. That said, I do like the premise because fireblight isn't an uncommon disease and one the Apples (and Pears) would probably have experience with. Maybe they assume this blight's just like all the others and they don't take it seriously enough, assuming they can handle it... until they can't.

The pest reminds me of season 4, episode 7 (Bats) but without Flutterbat.
Twilight would probably fix it with magic. It's what she usually does. :twilightblush:

And look how well it went last time :twilightoops:...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6