Age of Iron 357 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

As I can only assume we all know, the storyline of the canon game, Warhammer 40k, has moved into 41k. A lot of changes have happened. Roboute Guilliman is alive and dating an Eldar, Space Marines 2.0 have been pushed out with limited backwards comparable and no headphone ports, a great big crack has split the galaxy in half, and centuries have past since the Iron Warriors would've taken the Centaur system.

So, how would you portray the Age of Iron in the modern galaxy? How has the escalation of the many, many long wars treated the 38th and their auxiliaries? Have the mane six had their lives extended with the Company's amazing feats of technology or dark magics, or is Rarity finally dead?

Mostly I'm asking because I'm considering writing something set in this period and I want to see what people come up with.

SFaccountant
Group Admin

Since AoI doesn't have a specific date setting, it can be assumed that it takes place any time before the fall of Cadia (as I've remarked before, the creation of the Cicatrix Maledictum was such an energetic event that a planet full of psykers must have been affected, whether or not they knew what was going on).

Cadia goes boom. Half a galaxy away, every pony in Equestria wakes up to a splitting migraine. Unicorns have it extra bad. It fades after a few hours, fortunately. Nopony knows why. Nopony realizes the connection with the ugly strip that appears in the night sky 50,000 years later.

Dunno, taking account some of the conversations in the story, they are close to the events that leaded to destruction Cadia, sure, such an event like the Cicatrix Maledictum would cause something in Centaur 3, but what? there's nothing more random than the Warp...
I wouldn't be surprised if the 38th and with them a handful of ponies (mane 6 included of course) played a (very) minor part in the Fall of Cadia. How does it feel whitnessing the death of a world Twy?.
Chaos cults are already a thing among ponies, what a boost they would get after the victory of the Warmaster upon Cadia (because they are no longer blinded to outside events after all, they'll know)

I myself want to know how the primaris marines will react to the ponies. Oh that going to be funny to see.

Like any plain loyalist, but bigger and deeper voice

Then Pinkie offers them cake.

Twilight meeting Magnus the Red, becoming as some sort of battle of meganerds

SFaccountant
Group Admin

I imagine that there'd be a lot of daemonic mutations and daemon outbreaks in the wild areas of the planet just because the place is so inundated with magic. Wild visions by the unicorns in addition to headaches of imagery that makes no sense to them. Perhaps some ancient magic prisons sealing away long-forgotten foes of a certain Princess spontaneously open up.
They definitely aren't going to be involved in Abaddon's shenanigans, though.

The reaction to the current events and "neighbours" from those old time foes can be priceless, i can see most of them turning around humming "nopenopenopenope"...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11