Anonymous in Equestria 2,279 members · 824 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Wuten
Group Admin
Wuten #1 · Jun 18th, 2013 · · 2 ·

(Reposting from my Fimfic blog for those who didn't see)

I didn't want to make a post about this because it makes me feel bad to call people out on bullshit; I usually leave that to others.

But with over 200 members in the "Anonymous in Equestria" Fimfiction group, I think this warrants a post.

Over the past few days I've seen a few submissions to the group that weren't AiE; just some human in Equestria. Now, I'm not going to mention any names as to keep the authors of these stories anonymous (hue) but the group is "Anonymous" in Equestria, not "Random Unnamed Human" in Equestria. Just because your human doesn't have a name, doesn't mean he qualifies to be put in the group. The group has two rules:

1) The human MUST be named "Anonymous" or "Anon" for short.
2) The story MUST take place in Equestria or the MLP universe.

It says it right on the front page. I don't know how hard those rules are to follow, but apparently they aren't clear enough. Again, nothing against the authors of the stories, they just didn't follow the parameters set for over a year by the people in AiE. To finalize:

YOUR HUMAN IN EQUESTRIA STORY DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY QUALIFY IT FOR ANON IN EQUESTRIA. IF THE HUMAN IS UNNAMED, THAT DOESN'T COUNT.

What about derivations on Anon's name, such as Cybanon or Canadianon.

I've seen a few green-text stories like that.

Edit: also a few where he's all but outright stated to be Death, an alien, etc.

Wuten
Group Admin
Wuten #3 · Jun 18th, 2013 · · 1 ·

As long as it's some variation of "Anon"; it's a case-by-case basis most of the time, but I'm especially talking about stories where "You" are not named. I've seen a lot of those submitted to the group, and while they are usually fairly well-written and entertaining, they are NOT fulfilling the qualifiers needed for a story to be accepted here.

Also, it's perfectly fine to have him stated to be an alien; Death I'm not quite so sure of, though. That would probably depend on how it's explained in the story.

Zombie Overlord Kog
Group Admin

I think an addendum should be added to rule number two: The story MUST take place in Equestria or the MLP universe.

The addendum being it can be set in the past or future of Equestria.

At least, that's my idea: specifying when fics take place,

Wuten
Group Admin

I think that goes without saying, though; usually an author would put something like that in the description before thrusting us into a futuristic land of MLP where everything is chrome and all of the ponies are robots and Anon's having to cope with all of the FUTUUUUUURRE things.

Zombie Overlord Kog
Group Admin

Better to be concise than just assume things.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6