• Published 23rd Jan 2023
  • 309 Views, 10 Comments

Crumbs - daOtterGuy



Granny Smith can’t acknowledge the loss of her foals. Her grand foals help her move on.

  • ...
0
 10
 309

Crumbs

C6: Crumbs


Once upon time in an apple orchard at the edge of Ponyville, there was an elderly pony named Granny Smith who lived with her three grand foals Big MacIntosh, Applejack, and Apple Bloom.

She regretted a lot of things, especially the final words she had told her daughter Pear Butter. Though she would never be able to apologize, Granny Smith had decided that she would earn her forgiveness by ensuring the happiness of her grandfoals in their parent’s stead.

In honour of that vow, Granny would bake several apple pies every Sunday to share between family. Whether that be just their small herd or include the ponies closest to them. No matter whom they may be, all were welcome as kin at Sweet Apple Acres.

After every meal, Granny would always grin and cheekily tell her assembled guests that they should keep the pie crumbs.

So they would always be able to make a trail to follow back home.


Comments ( 5 )

A very touching conclusion. Thank you very much for this story.

I hate how much this story made me feel things when I read it for Quillmas. I can't imagine how hard it would be spending the rest of your life knowing that the last words you spoke to someone you love were spoken in anger. I get Granny here. I get all the characters here. Everyone deals with grief in their own way, and you captured this beautifully.

Now I need to go read some comedy or another set of work documents. Congratulations and never do that to my feelings again.

That was a good story.

I cried. I won't lie. I loved this so much.

Login or register to comment