• Published 4th May 2024
  • 845 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Cine-magic: Tom and Jerry: The Movie - IndyWriter Productions



The Main 6 and Spike are off on another adventure. This time, they will team up with the one and only Tom and Jerry, cartoon's legendary rival duo. However, they're in for quite the dramatic adventure with this one.

  • ...
1
 21
 845

Part 1: The Early Call

The low, orange light from the sun slowly brightened the night sky, changing into the bright blue of the morning. It began to light up the lands of Ponyville, alerting the waking residents of another fulfilling day. The town was bathed in the welcoming light and warmth, the grass giving off a slight glisten from the morning dew. As the light crept up to the Castle of Friendship, the crystalline structure gave off a subtle sparkle, almost as if it was glowing. Within the confines of the castle, Spike was comfortably resting in his bed, softly snoring. The rising light bled into his room. His body could feel with warmth and and change in brightness resulted in him cracking his eyes open. The dragon let out a yawn. He gently stood up, pushing away the covers and drawing in a long inhale while stretching.

He sauntered over to the window and opened the blinds, allowing more sunlight in. He looked out through the town, taking in the glowing sight. He stood at the window for a minute, letting the sun warm up his body. While he hadn't intended on waking this early, today was an especially bright day and any day like this was not worth sleeping-in, in his eyes.

"Quite the beautiful day, today.” Spike said, still taking in the sunlight. “Guess I'll start breakfast before Twilight and Starlight wakes up."

He took pride in being the one to prepare meals for Twilight, Starlight, and himself. Truth be told, he really enjoyed cooking in general. It was the reason why he never complained about cooking for the princess. Quietly leaving his room, Spike made his way to the kitchen to prepare the morning's meal.


In another part of the castle, Twilight was still slumbering in her bed. Instead of the light being the one to wake her up, she slowly opened her eyes and blinked several times to get the sleep out of them. She let out a yawn while stretching out her wings. The alicorn gave a calming sigh. She knew today was going to be a more relaxing day for her. Twilight had finished the other day with completing pretty much all of the royal paperwork for the next couple of days. Not only was she starting to get the hang of the princess duties, she also found herself with lighter days every now and then. It allowed her to relax and spend more time with her friends or family if given the opportunity.

The waking alicorn climbed out of bed before leaving her bedroom. As she did, the scent of sizzling breakfast food wafted throughout the hallway. Twilight took a long sniff, a smile growing on her face.

"Spike must be downstairs making breakfast." She said to herself.

She always enjoyed Spike's cooking, which was the reason why she never cooked that often. That's not to say she didn't know how to cook or refused to, she was more than capable of making her own meals. But, it never tasted the same compared to Spike's. She never could figure out how he made his meals so enticing. Twilight made her way to the kitchen just to greet the little dragon. As she entered, she saw him happily working at the stovetop frying eggs and hay-bacon.

"Good morning, Spike." She greeted warmly.

"Good morning, Twilight." Spike turned and smile back. "Breakfast is almost ready."

"Mmm, sounds good." Twilight responded. "You always make the best breakfasts."

"Heh, I try." Spike chuckled. "Good ahead and take a seat at the dining table. Starlight should on her way down here soon, as well."

"You sure you don't need any help?" Twilight asked.

"No, thanks. I got things from here." The baby dragon answered.

"Okay, then." The alicorn stepped out of the kitchen and made her way to the dining room.

She took a seat on one of the chair just as Starlight Glimmer entered the room.

Good morning, Starlight." Twilight greeted.

"Morning, Twilight." The lavender unicorn yawned. "Listen, I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" Twilight asked, perplexed.

"Well, you know how you and the others have been going to other worlds on these recent friendship missions, right?" Starlight started. "And that, from what you've told me, they are very different in many ways compare to Equestria."

"Of course, even now it still amazes and intrigues me how those other worlds operate." Twilight smiled cheerfully.

"Yeah, but, I've been thinking." Starlight said. "Have you ever thought about...I don't know...documenting these worlds? Maybe try getting to know more about them?"

Twilight giggled a bit which confused Starlight a bit.

"Well, I wouldn't say I've documented my findings when travelling to the worlds we've been to, but, I do have a stockpile of notes about them." She explained. "And it certainly would be nice to visit back there, too. Not only to learn more new things, but also to see old friends. I even made a deck of flashcards with some of the..."

Twilight paused for a second, trying to think of the right word to describe her other-worldly friends.

"Creatures?...Beings?" She pondered. "Whatever, I made flash cards of them."

With her magic, Twilight popped a deck of cards into the room.

"See." She showed them to Starlight.

The lavender unicorn studied them with curiosity.

"Dusty Crophopper, Cloud, Shaun...Tigger?" Starlight said to herself. "These are some strange names. Also, I've never any creature like these before."

"Probably because they come from different worlds." Twilight said smartly.

"Good point." Starlight chuckled.

"Okay, girls, breakfast is ready." Spike walked in, balancing three plates of eggs and hay-bacon on his hands and head. "Oh, and good morning, Starlight."

"Morning, Spike." Starlight said back before.

Spike set the plates down on the table and the two ponies and dragon began enjoying the food.

"So, do you plan on ever doing anything with the information you already have?" Starlight asked to the princess.

Twilight pondered that question for a second.

"Well, in all honesty, I'm not entirely sure just how impactful the info would be if I just unloaded it out to the public. I mean, me and the others already talk about our missions with family and friends." She admitted.

"Does Celestia know about all of it?" Spike swallowed his eggs.

"About the note-taking? Yes. But, I've only been able to share a little bit of it with her." Twilight said. "You know, because she's busy a lot of the time and so am I."

Makes sense." Spike said simply. "I wonder, though, if there was a way to travel those worlds again without the need of the cutie map. Like with the magic mirror to the human realm."

"I remember you talking about that to me, Twilight." Starlight brought up. "The mirror thing, that is."

"That does seem like an interesting idea. Not only would it allow us the travel to those worlds again, it could also allow our friends from said worlds to visit here, too." Twilight concluded.

Exactly!" Spike chimed in. "Though I have to wonder if doing that is even possible."

Twilight brought a hoof up to her hoof. Spike did bring up a good point. It seemed implausible to create some kind of bridge between Equestria and the other worlds. Then again, the magic mirror allowed such a thing, regardless of how similar the two worlds were. It didn't seem like that much of a stretch in retrospect.

"Perhaps I should talk to Celestia about that." Twilight finally said. "Maybe she might have a way to do that. If she's okay with it, that is."

"Sweet!" Spike said excitedly. "It would be great to see Barret and Tifa again."

Twilight chuckled.

"Well, until then, let's just go about our normal day." She continued eating her breakfast.

Starlight and Spike were in agreement and finished their meals, as well. Once breakfast was over, Starlight left for the Crystal Empire. She had planned a little get-together with both Sunburst and Trixie.

"Have fun, Starlight." Twilight waved at the unicorn.

"Thank you." Starlight waved back and left the castle.

With her gone, that left only Twilight and Spike.

"So, what should we do now?" Spike asked. "You finished the paperwork for today last night."

"Well, we could reorganize the books in the library." The alicorn said thoughtfully.

Spike smiled immediately turned to a frown.

"But, we did that a couple days ago." He pointed out.

"Yes, but, there's absolutely nothing wrong with variety." Twilight said. "Now, come on, Spike. Let's get started."

Spike sighed in defeat and disdain. This was not how he thought his day would go. However, the two froze when an all to familiar sensation came over them. Twilight's cutie mark began to emanate and Spike spines began to glow.

"Oh, well, what do you know." Spike said to himself.

"Guess reorganizing the library is off the list today." Twilight sighed.

Spike pumped his fist victoriously, earning a glare from Twilight. Spike brought his arm to his side and nonchalantly cleared his throat.

"Let's go and see where the map needs us this time." He said with an innocent grin.

"We're still organizing the library when we're done." The unconvinced alicorn huffed.

Spike didn't say anything, but his disappointed frown came back.

"Never mind that, though." Twilight said. "For now, let's deal with this friendship problem."

Twilight and Spike made their way to the map room. When they arrived, they soon discovered that the map was completely glowing. Which meant only one thing.

"We're needed in another world, again." Twilight stated in surprise.

"Wow. It's been about two weeks since our last mission." Spike said. "But, if that's the case, then our friends must be on their way here, too."

"You're right." Twilight agreed. "So, let's wait for them."

And so, the two waited, sparking up conversations here and there as they did so. It didn't take long, however, for Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity to arrive at the map room.

"Howdy, Twi." Applejack greeted. "Seems like where needed elsewhere in another world, again."

"Yep." Twilight answered simply.

"And rather early, too." Fluttershy said. "The day's barely begun."

"And it's been only a couple of weeks since the last time, too." Rarity added.

"That's what I said." Spike mentioned.

"Well, no matter how early it is, we're ready for it." Rainbow said.

"Oh, of course. I was merely pointing out the fact. I meant no grief by it." The alabaster unicorn sustained.

"Well, everypony, we all ready to go?" Twilight asked.

"Sure are, Twilight. Ain't nothin to it." Applejack replied confidently.

"Oh, this always gets me so excited!" Pinkie bounced around ecstatically. "New friends, new friends, new friends! Here we come!"

"Settle down, Pinkie." Twilight said. "I still after to make the portal."

"Well, what are you waiting for? There are friends that need us!" Pinkie got right up into the alicorn's face.

Twilight reeled back in surprise.

"Calm down, Pinkie. I'm getting to it." She said.

Twilight readied her horn and conjured up the portal spell. Like clockwork, the portal formed on the map table. It grew and enveloped the map.

"This is it. Let's go." Rainbow dove into the portal.

"I wonder what this world will be all about this time." Spike said.

"Only one way ta find out." Applejack said.

The other soon followed, sharing the same excitement and apprehension with each other. They were off on another friendship mission to another, brand new world.

To be continued