• Published 13th Mar 2022
  • 1,138 Views, 78 Comments

Batmane, the dark steed - Guillermo



The streets of Canterlot are not as safe as many think, they are full of corruption and criminals, under the cover of darkness. But one figure will rise up to protect the weak, and make sure they are terrified of him... Batmane.

  • ...
4
 78
 1,138

Epilogue

Luna was on her balcony, sipping a cup of tea while looking at the stars, the moon, and a new addition to her night, a bat signal. Right next to her was a huge spotlight, powered by magic, with the bat in the center.

"I like it."

Luna groaned to look at the source of the voice, Batmane, who was stepping out of the shadows.

"I thought we would need it to call you, unlike you, I can't send messages to your mind, I always thought it was a design error" Luna said as she watched the signal in the sky. "Besides, I think other than a call, it can be a good deterrent to criminals, don't you think?"

"And the Joker?"

"Always so direct" Luna said with a small smile, which soon disappeared. "He is locked up in Arkham, and following your advice, both my sister and I have placed a post of our guards in the mental hospital."

"Is your sister still mad?"

Luna was silent for a while, taking a sip of her tea before speaking.

"She is... but she'll get over it, she can't be mad forever. We're both like night and day, very different from each other, with our frictions, but in the end, we need each other."

Batmane nodded, confirming that he had heard. Luna looked at him out of the corner of her eye, and a small mischievous smile formed on her face.

"You should go now to rest, if I'm not mistaken, you have a meeting with Blood Enterprises, you don't want to raise suspicions, do you?"

Luna enjoyed Batmane's silence, for once she would leave her dark knight speechless.

"Before you say anything, I've been suspecting it for a long time. And in case you've forgotten, I'm the princess of night... and dreams, did you really think I wouldn't keep an eye on my nephew's dreams and notice how late he went to sleep?" Luna had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing as she took another sip. "Don't worry, everything I told you is true, I trust you, and your secret will be safe with me."

When Luna turned around, Batmane had already left, leaving her alone. With a smile, she turned to see the bat-signal in the night sky, and with a flash of her horn, she set her spotlight to go out shortly before dawn. That night, she would leave the sign on for all to see.


There was nothing but white, a steppe of ice and snow, the only sound was that of the wind. But, something began to sound, loudly, the sound of ice breaking. A huge, gigantic object began to rise from the depths of the ice, a black object with blue lights illuminating its surface. As the object rose to the surface, it emitted a powerful pulse of energy that Equestria, and the entire planet, had never experienced before.

Celestia jerked awake, beads of sweat staining her fur. She barely remembered her dream, but she still felt the residual magic of that item… magic that she only experienced once in her entire life. Noticing that dawn was still a few hours away, she got up from her bed and walked out into the halls of her castle, walking at a brisk pace. It didn't take long for her to meet Luna, who was coming out of one of the corridors, and seeing her older sister, she looked at her with concern.

"Sister, what was that?"

Celestia rushed by, which made Luna frown before following her.

"I don't know what it was exactly... but I do have an idea of ​​its origin."

Luna's concern increased, few things had made her sister so nervous before. Both of them advanced through the castle quickly, going up several floors, and stopping in front of a door, a room that only Celestia herself and her sister could enter, but the princess of the night did not go there very often, there were things inside that brought back bitter memories. The sun alicorn ignited her horn, illuminating the door and performing several very powerful unlocking spells, until at last, it clicked open.

Celestia entered the room followed by her sister, looking at what was inside it. Nearby was the book that drove Rarity crazy and that Spike had restored to its original appearance with one of his flares, since it was indestructible, on a padded pillow was the Alicorn Amulet, given to the princesses after Zecora recommended that it would be safer with them, in the distance, half hidden by other things, were two suits of armor made of divine steel that had not been used for many centuries. But what made Luna not want to be there, was a statue that was in the darkest corner, the princess could feel those stone eyes following her.

But what dominated the room was an object hidden by a large sheet, which floated a few centimeters from the ground. Luna approached curiously, observing the outline.

"What is this, sister?"

Celestia didn't answer right away, instead she lit her horn and grabbed one of the corners of the sheet.

"This, dear Luna, is proof that we are not alone in the universe."

With a quick jerk, she revealed what was hidden. Luna's eyes widened when she saw what was there, it was, literally, a spaceship taken from those comics that Spike had shown her a few times. It had a triangular shape, an engine at its rear, wings on both sides, a pointed nose and a cabin for a passenger, but it was too small, the princess of the night did not believe that anything larger than a foal of no more than three months could fit in there. But what stood out the most was the shield that was in front, of a golden color, and that contained a stylized 'S'.

Author's Note:

Hello! Here the author. I hope you enjoyed reading my take on batman in the My Little Pony universe as much as I did writing it. Once again, I want to thank Tonto the Trotter for his help and advice on how to best approach Batmane, some of the names that have been used for the ponies in this story, and some of the character ideas that were suggested by he.

Second, if you have been curious about this ending, stay tuned to my profile, because in the next few days, maybe tomorrow, I will upload the first chapter of the next story in this universe, most likely I will put a link on the description of this story. See you soon.

Comments ( 15 )

I wonder what next?

Is not an April's Fool, isn't it?

11199707
I'm from Spain, specifically from the Canary Islands, and April's Fool isn't popular around here. So you can rest easy.

Over already? Oh well, it was a fun ride. I can't wait for the next amazing story in this universe!

"Before you say anything, I've been suspecting it for a long time. And in case you've forgotten, I'm the princess of night... and dreams, did you really think I wouldn't keep an eye on my nephew's dreams and notice how late he went to sleep?" Luna had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing as she took another sip. "Don't worry, everything I told you is true, I trust you, and your secret will be safe with me."

now this is little too OP for Luna, she can check all the villians dream and know all
Blueblood better find some spell to stop her digging all his secret

11199949
Small clarification, yes, Luna can enter everyone's dreams, but she cannot know exactly your location or your plans due to the archaic nature of dreams. Also, in this universe, Luna would only know if the pony she visits in his dreams is, a, sane enough for her to get in, so the mind of Two-Face or Joker are out of the question, for example, or b, subconsciously allow Luna to know everything about them. For example, a pony that doesn't have a criminal past, doesn't have a problem with Luna visiting him and knowing everything about him, but one that does, would have problems. The reason why Luna is suspicious of Blueblood is for this reason and the fact that he stayed up incredibly late. Otherwise, everything would be too easy.

11199880
You won't have to wait long, since I'm already working on the first chapter of the next story, although it's getting quite long, I'm already at 4000 words and counting :twilightsheepish:. I calculate that around the same time I uploaded the Batmane chapters, the next one will come out if nothing happens or the prologue is too long for me to finish it before 10, Canarian time (here it's already 8:16 in the afternoon , so you can get an idea).

Awesome story great job but question how come you didn't do a chapter were the princesses get kidnapped end tied up

Will we se more of batmane or not

11215010
For a very simple reason, I am one of those kinds of people who do not like to make princesses Celestia and Luna weak. The only way I see this case as possible is that they take away their magic, and I also see it more interesting that the Joker and the other Batmane villains have to manage to avoid them. PS: Thanks for the compliment.

11215013
If you have seen that this has a sequel called Supermare, rest assured that we will see more of Batmane, but in the future. Think of this as the first phase of a ponified DC universe.

11429176
Ah, translation issue. Some of those gibberish words now make sense as they have likely not been translated.

11429189
Most likely. What bothers me the most is that even if I look at it, I will never know 100% if something is translated correctly or not.

I liked this story. You did a good job.

I would recommend you have a look at fixing translation errors as plenty of things are wrong, namely mixing up genders.

Something i feel needs to be addressed is the ending of the chapter where Batmane saves Fancy Pants. You write the scene with multiple goons in the room, they set fire to Fancy, they the Bat approaching and then when Batmane enters the room, the goons seem to have disappeared as Batmane just tends to Fancy and Fleur with no mention of the goons.

11430793
Hi, sorry to reply so late. I will do a review in the future, at the moment I am with another project. And as for the chapter, I went there to see what you say but there is no fault, I wrote that the thugs heard someone approaching and they walked away before he arrived, so Batmane didn't see them in the first place.

Login or register to comment