• Published 29th Dec 2023
  • 130 Views, 2 Comments

The Cost To Know Everything - Thunder--Dash



Are our worlds really connected? How far will one girl go to have this question answered?

  • ...
 2
 130

The Interview

The room was set. Kayla had made sure that everything and every question she had for Fluttershy was all ready to go. Meanwhile, I had pulled up to Kayla's house with Fluttershy. I got out and helped Fluttershy out of my car. We walked to the front door of Kayla's house and approached the front door. Fluttershy looked quite nervous.

"There's no need to be nervous Fluttershy. You've known Kayla for quite some time now; besides, this isn't some formal interview for a job." I said.

"O-okay..." Fluttershy simply said, still unsure of this whole interview thing. Fluttershy nervously walked into the room, and there was Kayla, with a pencil and a notebook. Kayla wanted to record the interview, but I told her it wasn't a good idea in case something happened. Kayla was a little disappointed, but it was for the best, as we had to keep all of this info safe.

"So...glad you agreed to this interview Fluttershy. I am just so excited to learn about your world and how it is connected among other worlds and dimensions." Kayla said.

"I-I...I'll do my best...my friend Twilight would surely love this..." Fluttershy simply said, playing with her mane a little.

"Okay, first question...let's make it easy...where exactly are you from?" Kayla asked.

"A large land called Equestria..." Fluttershy answered.

"Equestri...wait a second...no...that...a land of ponies/horses. That's crazy...Equus is the genus of the horse...are there any other species among you ponies?" Kayla asked inquisitively.

"Oh yes...I myself take care of animals from birds and butterflies, to even deer, bears and even cows..." Fluttershy answered.

"Wow...that's just amazing. So...it seems like you do that for a living...is taking care of animals your full time job?" Kayla asked.

"Kinda...it is my...special talent after all..." Fluttershy said.

"Wait...special...talent? Does that mean...?" Kayla started, but stopped.

"Yes, everypony has a special talent...it is represented by a symbol on our flanks called a cutie mark..." Fluttershy said.

"Cutie Mark? I have to see it to believe it...mind showing me yours Fluttershy?" Kayla asked.

"Uhm...o-okay..." Fluttershy said softly, blushing as she shifted, pulling her pants down, showing her cutie mark: three pink butterflies.

"It looks like a...tattoo...so...if I understand correctly, when you find your special talent, the cutie mark appears on your flank?" Kayla asked as she drew a rough sketch of Fluttershy's cutie mark in her notebook.

"Y-yes...no two ponies have the same cutie mark..." Fluttershy answered.

"So...if there are Pegasus ponies like you...are there unicorns too?" Kayla asked.

"Oh yes, my other friend Rarity is a unicorn...her special talent is making clothes and finding gems..." Fluttershy answered.

"Very interesting...you mentioned another friend...Twilight...Sparkle...was it? Is she a unicorn too?" Kayla asked.

"Well...she used to be...but...now she's an alicorn..." Fluttershy answered fidgeting with her mane again.

"Wait...an alicorn? What's that?" Kayla asked.

"It's a pony with both wings...and a horn. That means they can fly and do magic..." Fluttershy answered, her wings twitching a little.

"So...can a pony be born an alicorn? How does that work?" Kayla asked.

"Well...it's...different you see...my friend Twilight became an alicorn after she...completed a spell...not just any spell, but after realizing the true meaning of friendship. She became the princess of...friendship..." Fluttershy said. Kayla was taking notes and writing this stuff down.

"So...basically anyone can become an alicorn by discovering the true meaning of something deep? Surely it's related to their special talent..."

"Well...technically..." Fluttershy said. "I'd be the princess of...kindness..." Fluttershy said.

"You certainly are the kindest pony I've ever met..." Kayla said. Fluttershy blushed at this remark.

"But...I have a question for you..." Fluttershy said.

"Oh? Turning the tables a bit are we? Sure...go ahead." Kayla said smiling.

"If you were...sent to my world...Equestria...what species would you want to be...?" Fluttershy asked.

"Hmmm...I would want to be...a...unicorn...because I'd definitely want magic and all...plus...you've already seen just how much I love science..." Kayla said, as she began to draw what she would look like as a unicorn. It was a pretty decent sketch.

"You would absolutely get along with Twilight...is there anything else?" Fluttershy asked.

"Nope, I got everything I need...now I just gotta analyze it and search for answers." Kayla said getting up. Fluttershy and Kayla exited the room. Lenny and I were sitting and waiting. Kayla sort of veered off to another direction, probably back to her house.

"And there goes Kayla...off to...maybe her place to start the search for answers to all this." I said.

"Well it is the weekend...so...she's got quite a bit of time." Lenny said. Fluttershy looked at both of us.

"So...what now...?" Fluttershy asked. I looked up at Fluttershy.

"Well, let's head back to my place then. I'll catch up with you later Lenny." I said.

"Alright then...see ya." Lenny said as Fluttershy and I exited the school building. I helped Fluttershy into my Mustang and headed back to my place to relax and chill, knowing that Kayla was on a mission for answers...