TwiDash 4,240 members · 1,194 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53
Formerly Committed
Group Admin

Well it's been over a year since the last TwiDash contest, and we're all about jumping on the Valentine's Day bandwagon. But who wants to read the same ol' rehashed V-Day fics again? Not us! So make up your own holiday!

Any questions, contact a judge or reply to this thread.

Good Luck!

Does it have to be a holiday? Or can it be an annual event (like an annual race, or annual festival, etc)

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

See the first sentence under the "How To Enter" section of the poster. Simply staying in this thread that you wish to enter.

3964697 oh sorry, I'm blind when i'm actually looking for something, I'll enter then.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

I'm gonna say no to just a generic race or festival. A race to commemorate the annual pigeon migration or a festival to remember that day Pinkie beat the Equestrian record for biggest cupcake mountain? Heck yeah.

I'm going to take a shot at it.

What can I loose?

Been waiting a while for one of these.

I'm in. :pinkiehappy:

3964728 well of course it wouldn't be generic! At least, twilight wouldnt think it's generic :twilightblush:

Vertorm
Group Contributor

Oh good. Sorry, but I won't be able to pre read for you in this case then.

YAY, more TwiDash. :heart::twilightsmile::rainbowkiss::heart:

Another TwiDash contest? :twilightsmile::rainbowkiss:

I'm in!

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring. I never entered a contest before. Sooo exciting. :twilightsmile: Makes me nervous too. :twilightsheepish:

3965224 I think there's a word for that :twilightsmile:

Against my better judgment, I will throw my hat into the ring. (Read as: I've seen the previous winners and I have no idea why I think I have a chance)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I want to. I really, really want to. But do I have the time? Ha! I'll make the time! I'm in. No...

((just... um... don't expect another Miss Sparkle...))

Timaeus
Group Admin

*cracks the whip*

Get writing!

B-b-but prompt tag... :pinkiehappy:

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

It's nice to be on this side for once, isn't it?

Timaeus
Group Admin

I don't see why you can't do both! :ajsmug:

I'm finding it surprisingly enjoyable. The enthusiasm of everyone at the start of a contest is rather infectious, but I find myself grateful that I'm not feeling pressured into writing for it. I am greatly looking forward to seeing what people do with this prompt, however.

You underestimate how busy I've been, haha. I'm single-hoofedly running my own little support network. Hay, I claimed that prompt two hours ago and I've only written three half-assed sentences.

3965927 I claimed it last night and have yet to write anything :twilightsheepish:

Hmm.... I wanna join in. I'll probably loose. I'll think about it.

I'm in the middle of something completely different! This is the. Worst. Possible. Thing! :raritydespair: :raritycry:

...that you are distracting me from that other thing. I shall ponder. Hrmpf :twilightoops:

3966074 cant be any worse than my crazy idea :twilightblush:

Just to confirm. No word count minimums or maximums?

3966119 we've all been easily swayed into this competition

Silly Rejenald. Contests aren't for winning! They're for having fun and rising to the challenge! Personally, I'd be psyched if you join.

I'm not in it to win it. And thanks for being psyched. It would also be my first fic if I do it.

Is that a challenge I hear?

:rainbowhuh: fun?

And here I thought contests were when you wanted a bunch of strangers to silently judge your every move

3966230 well this contest told us that some of us shine brighter :raritywink:

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

Well it has to meet the 1k minimum to be published. Other than that, no word limits.

Well played :coolphoto:

That's right, for fun and rising to the challenge :yay: and a little bit for the win, because winning is teh awesome :rainbowdetermined2:

And here I thought contests were when you wanted a bunch of strangers to silently judge your every move

So, not really much different from real life, then...
~Twi

Vertorm
Group Contributor

You're right. We started silently judging the moment you posted in this thread. :twilightsmile:

Not only do I have a ton of work to do on other projects, but i also have no idea what to write for this. You know what that means?

I'm gonna enter.

Let the contest begin.

I can't. I couldn't even finish a five-hundred-word prompt today. All I did all day was try to help others while I was writing, but I underestimate sometimes just how many others there are. This is going to sound absurd, but I can't promise you even a thousand words in a month's time. Sorry, everypony. If I manage to write something, you'll be the first to know.

Vertorm
Group Contributor

I'm afraid it's too late. We already have your soul.

As if I had one in the first place. *eyebrow wiggle*

And i thought I was the only one that didnt subscribe to superstition :ajsmug:

So... How is everybody's progress?

I just starting writing as of right now. :twilightsheepish:

2.7K out of an approximate 10K, as well as a full plan.

No, I haven't slept much.

I keep trying to convince myself to write this, but every time I start I get pulled away. Such a shame... What I have in mind isn't a winner, but it definitely needs to be written. Besides, it's like nothing I've ever done before!

I got 3.6 k and going. I draw my own cover art so I'll release more details once I've drawn it. :twilightsmile: I'm looking for an editor now. Anyone willing to jump aboard on faith? You can check my other work should you like to know if my flavor is right with you.

Comment posted by KalenNighteyes deleted Jan 31st, 2015

Yeah I think I'm officially dropping out of the contest. Not that I want to, but right now I haven't even gotten to any Twidash part of my story yet, and I just got over being sick for a week and a half.

Oh well :twilightsheepish:

Comment posted by Vic Fontaine deleted Feb 22nd, 2015
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53