Generation 5 Group 325 members · 410 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I seen the latest MLP Gen 5 and I have a question about it. When Spike said that Opaline was banished from Skyros, it revealed that Opaline is a true Alicorn. So Skyros is a nation where Alicorns are born, does it still exist? I mean if Opaline was banished during Twilight's rule, that mean it still exist and does it still exist when Twilight sealed away magic? Also if Skyros was there, why didn't the Alicorns make an appearance to Equestria when the Legion attack and the Wendigos appear and why didn't Celestia and Luna told Twilight that they're from Skyros? Its just a theory but it could be possible that when Celestia and Luna were sent to Equestria, the Alicorns there erased their memories to prevent them or any enemies from attacking their nation. What do you think? Do the Alicorns from Skyros think that all creatures are inferior to them?

I personally don’t believe Skyros and Opaline ever existed in the G4 canon to begin with.

Most likely this. Kind of gives more credence to the fan theory that g5 really does take place in an alternate universe or one of the splinter dimensions from Starlight’s time hijinks.

That’s what I think as well. Those theories in general make so much more sense than any other explanation one can give.

Skyros is a touchy subject

Also likely they simply didn’t come up with the idea for Skyros and Opaline until g5.

If Skyros did exist in G4, then Celestia and Luna would have mentioned it there and they didn't, which does make me want to know what their early life was like seeing that it's almost never mentioned in either the show how the book about them.

Skyros isn't mentioned by name in G4, but Celestia and Luna did come from a 'land of alicorns' or something like that, iirc? Like, according to the Journal of the Two Sisters, the newly-founded Equestria petitioned the Alicorns for a ruler who wouldn't be any of the three pony tribes, and thus wouldn't be biased. They got a pair of young fillies who had to be taught by Starswirl instead.

It might be reasonable to assume that the Skyros alicorns simply do not care for mortal ponies all that much. They sent a couple of children to rule a nation. Celestia and Luna, who do care about their subjects, didn't seem to be in contact with Skyros - or else they might have had more answers about why Flurry Heart was born.

Skyros also banished Opaline without a care for what she might do to the 'lesser' ponies and dragons and such.

Skyros and its Alicorn inhabitants set up for the final, final, FINAL boss of MLP G5?????

It's definitely a concept I'd like to see the fans explore if nothing else! :rainbowlaugh:
Skyros has been mentioned enough by name by now that to not go there would be a pity. Still, I'm not expecting sweeping epics from G5 so I'm not going to get my hopes up, haha!

If they do explore Skyros I would like to see new alicorns explored you know the ones that have always been up there and have had little to no contact with Equestria and then there is a another flashback that shows what really happened with Opaline plus Luna and Celestia

Hopefully Discovery Family would be willing to lend out more of the G4 stuff to do that.

I’d like to see them explore Skyros too, though preferably without going the cliche “omni species is a bunch of jerks” route.

As someone who did find the online version of The Journal of the Two Sisters, even that one doesn't bring up Skyros once, which makes me feel as if someone rewrote history when Opaline was mentioning her younger days to Misty about this.

It's even more interesting that Skyros in G5 is pronounce Sky-ros.

The real Skyros in Greece is pronounced Skee-ros.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16