Human in Equestria 16,895 members · 17,097 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 53

What if one of the writers of MLP, secretly moonlights as a fanfic writer on this very site?:trixieshiftright:

Man...I'm getting paranoid just thinking about that.:applejackconfused:

Also, what are the most common human/pony parings you've read in HiE fics?
Curious...:twilightsheepish:

930156 Pairing: Troy Newcomer and Fluttershy here: My Love is Shy :yay:

Um... Harem? xD That works for me.

I haven't noticed a specific pattern, but only because I pay a lot of attention to Human/Dash.

As in... The most common pony in said pairing?
I think I've seen Rarity x Human most...

Did you mean something else?

If that was to happen we will never know.

As for what is the most common pairings with humans are, they are with Rainbow Dash, Luna, Fluttershy, herams, and Twlight. Actually somewhere in that order.

The better question to ask is what are the rarest pairings. Maybe then some will think about it. In fact, here is one that is so rare, it doesn't exist yet. A human/Cadance pairing.

That is actually the one pairing that is the most common. Pairings with Luna come in a close second.

Yes...the most common pony paired up with a human.

Okay, let me check my memory... mostly Human/Dash, some Human/Rairty. Also, two human fics recommended by TVtropes for Luna.

I actually didn't know Luna had a good number.

Who's the rarest pony to be paired? I think its Pinkie or Celestia?

930201. Nope. Cadence.

... is there even a story where she's paired with a human? :rainbowlaugh: I mean, at all?

930178Well, a Cadance x human just wouldn't work, sadly... :applejackunsure:
We're too used to Shining and Cadnace being together. We leave those two out of any relationship for the human, because it would look bad. Yes, we could write an alternate universe, where these two will not even get married, nor falling in love with each other. But the thing is... I think most of us writers are:
A. Too lazy to do it.
B. Or we're waiting for someone else to do it... and since we're waiting for each other, this kind of thing won't happen ever

And even if someone actually writes, many comments would be like this: ''I just can't enjoy this story, I'm too used to Shining x Cadance.'' or ''Nah, this just won't work. Shining is better for her...''
So no matter how goodly it was written, the TOO UNUSUAL pairing would ''ruin'' the story sadly. :twilightoops:

Have a fantastic day!
~Adam

Ps.: You did give me an idea about something like this... or exactly like this... :trollestia:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

It is funny. People say that pairings with Rarity are common, but I see more pairings with Fluttershy and Twilight then I do with Rarity.
She does. She comes as a close second after Dash pairings. At least from what I have seen.
I wouldn't say that pairings with them are that rare. I have seen a good number with them as the love interest. Celestia more so then Pinky.
If you want to know what the rare pairings are just look at the background, and one episode characters. Characters like Zecora, Gilda, Fleur, and Cheerili have very little stories with them as the love interest.
But the most rarest pairing is a human/Cadance pairing. That one only has one story, and it doesn't even count because it is Discord in a human disguise.

Gilda, I knew... hence... well, you know.

How about Changelings? Any human/Changeling pairing?

Not entirely true. There are stories where she is paired/cheats on Shining with Twlight, Chrysalis, Rarity, and even Big Mac. So if those are allowed I think a pairing with a human will be fine.
Especially since stories where he is cheating on her is even more common.

930156 I see a lot of Fluttershy and Pinkie, though Luna is occasionally thrown in there as well.

Besides the few with Chrysalis paired with a human, no. No pairings with drones/normal changlings.
It is part of the reason why pairing with any of the other races haven't been done. Some think to think that if you pair a human with a any of the other races it becomes too furry. Whatever the hell that dumb idea means. It is really stupid.
and yes, that is an answer I have seen when I saw the question of humans paired with the other races was presented.
That is why I thank you for doing things that are new.

930156 All of them are really common. It depends on the author actually... and this actually speaks about the author's personality and it KINDA makes it into a self insert...
Let's take a random example.
Information about the author: A smooth-talker, strong, acts bravely, favorite color is blue, looks sexy, good with girls and overall cool.
Story he writes: Rainbow x Human
The human in that story will have a different name as the author, looks different but still sexy and his tricks in picking up girls are better and perfectly fit for Rainbow. ''I think I found the treasure at the end of the Rainbow.'' These lines for example.
Pretty much, the author takes his waifu, places his personality into the character, add different name and look and just writes down those things that HE would say to his waifu in that particular moment.

And I'm not offending here anyone, since most of the stories are written great when the author ACTUALLY puts his heart into the story like this.

So, common pairings? Yeah, depends on the author.

But if I had to say one, which I saw the most, then it would be... Rainbow I think... but there's also a LOT OF Twilight and Luna pairings too... I don't know, I can't answer to this. :twilightsheepish:

Iron Will and Zecora. Never heard of that one. :derpyderp2:
others I've never heard of were Blueblood and Derpy, Roseluck and the spa twins, Winona and Timber wolves, The green goblin and Luna, Superman and Rainbow Dash- *carries on for ten more minutes* :pinkiehappy:

Two words mashed together into one username: Tiarawhy. Cadence and a Human.

Not completely new... but fresher than normal, I guess. :rainbowwild:

I think my next iteration is going to be in trouble if normal/changeling pairing is going to weird more than a few people out.

Um... checked the username out. Doesn't have a story. Will search again.

Zecora has a few stories.
As for Iron Will, well the demographic of the site is very male, so unless you want to see a m/m pairing don't expect one very soon.

Comment posted by Dhuradhan deleted Apr 29th, 2013

930250 Looks like I'm missing something here... but if the story won't be a big downvote, many won't be able to enjoy it. I don't know, one part of the fandom would say yes and the other part no... and the story's future depends on how many people would see it from each part. If the story would be seen by the no part, then the poor author would feel sad, even though he did a really good job. And you know what happens if the yes part sees the story... SUCCESS!

No, it is new.

I don't think you have to worry there. Given you large following, and you reputation for excellent stories with amazing world building I think that story will a good number of readers.
Plus, I just said that about normal changlings paired with humans. There are a few stories that have that pairing with pony oc's

Besides, I think that the mentality is slowly leaving. I mean, anthro stories are becoming much more popular, and before that was a big risk.

So far I have done...
human/Fluttershy &
human/Apple Bloom (one-sided)

just so you know...

If a crack pairing like Celestia/Discord could become popular, then I am pretty sure that a story that has a human/cadence pairing will be okay. Especially if authors like Jaydex The Shadow Knight write it.
If anything, the only ones that would have a problem with the pairing are zealot cannon fanboys, and those that hate anything with humans in. Like that one guy called Sorren.

Hands down it's RainbowDash/Human with Twilight/Human coming in at a close second. Luna would probably be third, Fluttershy and Applejack seem about equal, with Rarity trailing behind those two, then finally Pinkie. Celestia and Lyra are next, then I'd say Derpy and Trixie have about the same amount. Any other ponies or none ponies like Gilda and Zecora you'd have to do some real digging to find or they may not exist yet.

Cadance/human, I'd like to see it but that premise has troll bait all over it. I can see the downvotes and wish fulfillment comments now.

I'd like to see it but that premise has troll bait all over it. I can see the downvotes and wish fulfillment comments now.

I think that used to be said about pairings with Celestia,. Didn't stop that from those stories being posted, and getting popular.

Heh. We're living in an evolving fanon.

Spoiler Alert: I am actually literally Lauren Faust.

Why not Cadence/Human/Shining?

:rainbowwild: Polyamorous xenophilic royals!

Yup. Now I only Knighty would add an anthro tag. There needs to be one.

930382 Celestia has the luxury of not being married so it's not as iffy. Only way to know for sure is for someone to step up and test the waters with a Cadence/human and see how it's received.

On the internet, the same way everything is true, everything is a lie.

Uhhh....no. Only is Shining has been rule63d.

930407. There may be, there's been some controversy in the past few days, as well as possibly an entire revamp for the tag system.

930347 I know Jaydex, but I doN't know the other dude.
But what I was saying is just my opinion... I'm pretty sure it can be a successful story, but many would have problems with the pairing. And you know, many hate human in Equestria too... my opinion and experience again...

but you did make me think about this and the challenge is still accepted. :rainbowlaugh:

930403 Hohoo, boy. that would be sick! :yay:

If that is the case, it should still be fine. People are okay with a human/Fleur pairing, and the general consensus is that she is married to fancy.
Besides, there are three scenarios that could work. The obvious AU route, the story being set after he dies, like the future, and the riskier they get a divorce scenario.

Very true. Too bad not many would step up to try.

There has been?

Same person. That is his full username.
Sorry to hear that you have had experience with haters.

I will be looking forward to your attempt.

:rainbowkiss: Real men aren't afraid to kiss stallions.

That is not what bothers me. I just don't like threesomes where there are two guys.

930467 It's nothing I can or we can do anything about it. Haters gonna hate, author's gonna ignore it thoughtfully.
Wowowowow... wow. I'm not gonna do that anytime soon. Hell, I doN't even know how to start out with that story! :rainbowlaugh:
But i do appreciate your words and I'm grateful for that! :twilightsmile:

If that's true...then God help us all.:rainbowderp:

930455. A bit, but mostly with the anthro tag. Some are asking for a lot of other ones to help the too vague ones, like a Horror and Mystery tag to split up the Dark tag, or a Ponification or Pony on Earth tag to split the Human tag up. Human is just too broad.

Cadance really gets no lovin because she is married. Personally I think that speaks well for a lot of writers who are not willing to mess with another dudes wife, as fantasy as she may be.

Luna gets tons of lovin cause she is the awesome working mans (Ponies?) Princess who is more approachable than others.

Celestia gets some every now and again I think. I have noticed a lot of writers don't put her in romantic situations because she comes off as more of a mother figure than anything else, and that is kinda creepy.

The Mane 6 really are balanced out as far as I can tell. All of them tend to get their fair share of Humans at the end of the search.

As much as I agree they all need their own human to treat them right. (Lyra especially. :rainbowwild:)
I can only write about the mare I love... :twilightblush:
But I'm definitely up for reading about the others I've seen a few that were great.

I meant the two of them pairing up, not stories about them separate.

Very right.
Of course.

Huh. Well hopfully we get an anthro tag soon then.

If that was true then there wouldn't be stories were they cheat on each other with the cannon characters. Unless you are implying that that is okay, but she paired with a human is not.
That statement about Luna is ironic, because that is not how it is in many stories.
I don't think that is the reason.
Actually, of the main six RD has the most pairings with humans. Ridiculously so.

That is not what the OP is asking for. He wanted pairings with humans.

930156 People who actually work on creative projects don't like getting story ideas from fans. So if they come up with a similar idea they can't be sued or accused of stealing the idea.

931387 I know Luna has a bad rep in most stories, which I find odd really. I mean looking at the show itself. She goes out there and hangs out with normal Ponies. Then she is out there every night, busting her ass to dreamscape Ponies everywhere to make sure they are confronting their own personal demons; helping them solve problems.

Then you have Celestia. Who just kinda hands off major problems to her loyal minions. Trying to hide the fact that she doesn't want to do it under some guise of "teaching a lesson." It's just lazy if you ask me.

930898 Who is the mare you love again? Is it Pinkie? Fluttershy? Is it Trixie? I bet it's Trixie. :trixieshiftright: I kid, I kid

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 53